Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How embarrassed is lindquist?

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
The guy is an upperclassman, a 4-star recruit and yet sucks so bad that he gets beat out by glass-jaw-browning and magma carta? Those guys can't even complete a 5-yard out.

If lindy had any pride he'd commit hara kiri on the 50-yard line.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

The guy is an upperclassman, a 4-star recruit and yet sucks so bad that he gets beat out by glass-jaw-browning and magma carta? Those guys can't even complete a 5-yard out.

You want our third string QB to publicly commit suicide? Your anger is misdirected.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2015

Passion said:

You want our third string QB to publicly commit suicide? Your anger is misdirected.
    He should commit hara kiri because he allowed himself to be 3rd string.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    Dude, he's a 4* holder of FGs and PATs. And he gets to direct punts.

What more do you want?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

What more do you want?

...and he has a package named after him.
  • Options
    SC_Haden_FruedeSC_Haden_Fruede Member Posts: 151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Maybe his predictable wildcat participation is leading to an on field suicide. Maybe we just don't understand Smith's endgame. LIPO
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Swede was from Mercer Island. Any fool who thought a kid from Mercer Island would amount to anything is Sarkisian FS.

He will do great in finance as he seems to be grooming into an effective and successful snake oils salesman.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129

I don't think he cares. He's happy getting a free ride.

This.

He's set for life no matter what, he's a Mercer Island kid who is developing a network of business goons. He could give a shit if he ever plays again.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What more do you want?

...and he has a package named after him.
    It's true, I named my dick The Wild Swede. It's funny because I'm not from Scandinavia.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Kid is getting a boatload of pussy and free education from one of the best schools on the west coast ... and he never has to break a sweat or sit in the fucking ice tub.

Living the dream.

The reality, its not his fault.

He is a victim of a stupid fucking coach who could insert him as the starter and force defenses to respect the long threat as well as the option.

If the kid was at Oregon he'd probably be a Heisman contender.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Wasn't he also offered by Stanford? But he chose UW? Fuck, if all he wanted was a free ride to a great school, Furd is 5x better than UW. (I actually don't know how to go back and view other offers for commits from his class -- this is just from memory).

I suspect he really wanted to compete -- but fell victim to shitty QB coaching over the years. I mean, his coaches were Sark, then Smith. How many QBs are going to thrive in that environment?

He might have stopped caring as a result of this, and is now resigned to just finishing up and going into finance or getting an MBA, but in the beginning, I think this kid wanted to compete.

Hell, if we had an OC and QB coach that knew how to use the players we have, Lindy might have become a better QB.

I bet he'd be better than he is now if he had gone to Stanford.

[edit]
    Yeah, he was offered by Furd in 2012
    http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeff-Lindquist-11465/RecruitInterests
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    jecornel said:

lindy going into finance... will graduate college into a job making six figures and can say he played college football.

Lindy's Dad is the COO of a Seattle-based public company. Lindy will be just fine.
  • Options
    Thump said:

Wasn't he also offered by Stanford? But he chose UW? Fuck, if all he wanted was a free ride to a great school, Furd is 5x better than UW. (I actually don't know how to go back and view other offers for commits from his class -- this is just from memory).

I suspect he really wanted to compete -- but fell victim to shitty QB coaching over the years. I mean, his coaches were Sark, then Smith. How many QBs are going to thrive in that environment?

He might have stopped caring as a result of this, and is now resigned to just finishing up and going into finance or getting an MBA, but in the beginning, I think this kid wanted to compete.

Hell, if we had an OC and QB coach that knew how to use the players we have, Lindy might have become a better QB.

I bet he'd be better than he is now if he had gone to Stanford.

[edit]
    Yeah, he was offered by Furd in 2012
    http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeff-Lindquist-11465/RecruitInterests

He had an offer from Furd. Some in his circle wanted him to take it. I think he was swept up into the Sarkesian QB Guru Mythology that has finally been debunked, and he legitimately wanted to be a catalyst to bringing his home town team back to glory.

Hindsight is 20/20.
  • Options
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

lindy going into finance... will graduate college into a job making six figures and can say he played college football.

Lindy's Dad is the COO of a Seattle-based public company. Lindy will be just fine.
    Which dad?
  • Options

jecornel said:

Which dad?
    The wealthy one.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,871
    He was a 4 star just like Jake Heaps was a 5 star...because Fetters and Ecklund were rigging the rankings. Once scout got their shit together and quit letting the local 'experts' change the databases, that crap stopped.

• Options
    Founders Club

He was a 4 star just like Jake Heaps was a 5 star...because Fetters and Ecklund were rigging the rankings. Once scout got their shit together and quit letting the local 'experts' change the databases, that crap stopped.

But but but but but but but Lindquist was an Elite 11 finalist in 2011.
    I went back and looked at the Elite 11 finishers from that year and Jameis Winston has been the only real successful one out of the bunch.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,871

I went back and looked at the Elite 11 finishers from that year and Jameis Winston has been the only real successful one out of the bunch.
    Tanner Mangum at BYU was at the camp too. But he's only a 23 year old freshman so the jury is still out.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tanner Mangum at BYU was at the camp too. But he's only a 23 year old freshman so the jury is still out.
    Yeah, I don't count the BYU shitheads. That whole school deserves to be nuked.

Incidentally, Cyler Miles was part of that Elite 11 camp, but he didn't make it as a finalist. He just missed it by a bit.

Shows you how FS that whole thing is. After all, they have Trent Dilfer on there crying about how special some of these kids are.