Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeff Lindquist

DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Founders Club
I see Lindquist do two things each game:

1. Play traffic cop on the punt protection group, and
2. Fuck up a perfectly makeable 3rd and short at least twice a game in the Wild Swede package

That being the case, I can assume he is healthy enough to play football ... maybe not well ... but at least play.

Watching Magna Carta tonight, it looked obvious that he was told not to exercise the quarterback option of the read option and the ONLY option was to hand the ball to Bishop Gaskin.

Is Lindquist so bad that the coaching staff is terrified of Magna Carta getting hurt and Lindquist having to play?

Or is this the coaching staff showing Lindquist the door so that they can free up a scholarship?

(And, how do we show him the door when we've so clearly fucked up recruiting at the QB position?)

I don't think Lindquist is the answer, but what did Lindquist do to earn his way OUT of being a player in an offense that is this ... fucking ... bad?

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pete + Smiff = your confusion.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Listen, whatever the Random Play Generator spits out is what the coaching staff goes with. If a lindquist run somehow gets mixed in, so fucking be it. It's a process, and it's hard. What don't you fucking understand?

Random Play Generator

I am still laffing

YBFE
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2015
    Swaye said:

Listen, whatever the Random Play Generator spits out is what the coaching staff goes with. If a lindquist run somehow gets mixed in, so fucking be it. It's a process, and it's hard. What don't you fucking understand?

Random Play Generator

I am still laffing

YBFE
    me two. HVBFE
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

In one of the plays I actually watched tonight, we actually threw downfield with Carta Samuels on 3rd and 2. That's like doubling down on a 6 when the dealer is showing a king. It makes no fucking sense how dumb these coaches are.

I'm pretty sure every play on that series was a pass even though Gaskin was getting about 6ypc at that point. It was in the 1st half right? I remember this because this is exactly when the people in my section started to get real nervous about this shit I was yelling at the staff.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DHD said:

Watching Magna Carta tonight, it looked obvious that he was told not to exercise the quarterback option of the read option and the ONLY option was to hand the ball to Bishop Gaskin.

Either that, or the coaches haven't taught him properly how it is supposed to work.

We give Smith a lot of grief for being a shitty OC (which I agree 100% he is).

I'm not sure we are giving him enough grief for also being a shitty QB coach. Shouldn't these kids be improving over the season from the coaching they receive?

Kids do in games, what they've learned in practice.