Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This what pisses me off

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I don't expect UW to win, but I expect the coaches to try and win. That's what drives me fucking crazy Stanford 4th down and goal with 28 secs. Call timeout and make them kickoff. Why the fuck not?

Comments

• Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's over. Why delay the inevitable?
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The season is over.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The season is over.

Welcome to week 1.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    It's about fucking trying. I know TSIO. But just fucking try and win. Ill Doog heavily if we just fucking try to win. But this? This is garbage. Not trying is garbage.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    Amen. Just because everyone predicted you'd only win 4 games doesn't mean you can just throw up your arms and say, "oh! Well, no use giving a shit! Let's just keep doing running the same sorry excuse of an offense over and over again."
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Amen. Just because everyone predicted you'd only win 4 games doesn't mean you can just throw up your arms and say, "oh! Well, no use giving a shit! Let's just keep doing running the same sorry excuse of an offense over and over again."

Petersen is stubborn.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    droggins said:

Petersen is Gran Torino
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    No shit. There's no way the coaches went into that game, with that gameplan, expecting to have a shot at winning. Try a triple option with Magna Carta, Gaskin, and DWash as the pitch man or something. Was it not painfully obvious during practice that Magna isn't a Pac12 QB? Not saying it would've worked, but there's a chance it may have, and that's better than the dumpster fire they ran out there today. Not even a consideration of going for 2 after the TD to bring it to a two score game. Wouldn't have matter, but still. Are we trying to win football games here or what's the fucking point?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

It's hard.

That's what she said
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

No shit. There's no way the coaches went into that game, with that gameplan, expecting to have a shot at winning. Try a triple option with Magna Carta, Gaskin, and DWash as the pitch man or something. Was it not painfully obvious during practice that Magna isn't a Pac12 QB? Not saying it would've worked, but there's a chance it may have, and that's better than the dumpster fire they ran out there today. Not even a consideration of going for 2 after the TD to bring it to a two score game. Wouldn't have matter, but still. Are we trying to win football games here or what's the fucking point?

I just wanted to see a few more throws at the receiver's feet. Except for the one TD drive, every throw the player had to dive for.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got some of the best sleep I've had all season
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When Peterman punted on 4th and 10 with 2 and some odd minutes, I knew we were done as a program. That is not Husky football, and nor is it a coach that will ever win anything of any substance at this level of football. Fuck being young, it is all on the coaches.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Postal91 said:

When Peterman punted on 4th and 10 with 2 and some odd minutes, I knew we were done as a program. That is not Husky football, and nor is it a coach that will ever win anything of any substance at this level of football. Fuck being young, it is all on the coaches.

In with you. If the process mattered then Browning and Gaskin, et al would redshirt to eliminate the eternal youth problem but by playing them Pete infers he wants to win but he clearly sucks. Time for AD and coaching changes again.