Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

a thought about Chip Kelly

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
Fans and pundits all seem to think that if Chip succeeds in the NFL it'll be because they play fast. But the truth is, it'll be his ability to innovate that will "win the day".

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2013

Watching Chip Kelly plunger Washington for the fifth year in a row is truly special.

I heard Chip is going to implode in Philly. At least that's what some sausage finger prick from "Little People Big World" told me.
  • WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    I think that the tempo thing is WAAAAYYY over played. The tempo at which his teams operate are a very specific, very real example of how disciplined his teams are on the field. The chaos that is/was Oregon, works because it grows out of the fact that they are incredibly focused on their assignments and executing better than the player they are going against. When his linemen beat the man across from them and Black Mamba is running behind them, your team is fucked.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I think that the tempo thing is WAAAAYYY over played. The tempo at which his teams operate are a very specific, very real example of how disciplined his teams are on the field. The chaos that is/was Oregon, works because it grows out of the fact that they are incredibly focused on their assignments and executing better than the player they are going against. When his linemen beat the man across from them and Black Mamba is running behind them, your team is fucked.

I agree. The tempo is all part of the plan, but everything you said is spot on.

• Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    We'll see about the innovation. I do agree but he'll have to prove it again.

NFL refs have made it very clear that THEY set the tempo, not coaches. "We won't be rushed."
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    Win the day? Will the Eagles marketing dept. print out t-shirts saying "Win the day" and "GAMEDAY CHAMPIONs?!"

No, fans in Philly don't put up with that faggot shit.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2013

Win the day? Will the Eagles marketing dept. print out t-shirts saying "Win the day" and "GAMEDAY CHAMPIONs?!"

I would intertwine the two with a doog phrase ending: "Win Championships, Because Nothing Else Matters" Now that's a t-shirt
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

$75k
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Ten years from now, Chip Kelly coaching in the NFL will be the greatest thing to happen to UW football.

81% chance.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,496 Standard Supporter

Ten years from now, Kevin Sumlin coaching in the NFL will be the greatest thing to happen to UW football.

81% chance.

• dnc said:

Ten years from now, Chip Kelly coaching in the NFL will be the greatest thing to happen to UW football.

81% chance.

I'm hearing we really need UW, USC, UW and UCLA to get their shit together so that Whoregon (lol) can't get any more quality talent.

I hate Oregon
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

81% chance.

I'm hearing we really need UW, USC, UW and UCLA to get their shit together so that Whoregon (lol) can't get any more quality talent.

I hate Oregon
    I'm too cool to admit I hate Oregon
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dnc said:

dnc said:

81% chance.

I hate Oregon
    I hate Oregon. Not just the fans...the whole state.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    I love it when someone admits clear cut hatred on a massive scale. (hating the whole state.)

dnc said:

dnc said:

81% chance.

I hate Oregon
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I love it when someone admits clear cut hatred on a massive scale. (hating the whole state.)

dnc said:

dnc said:

81% chance.

I hate Oregon
    I'm not sure you quite get this place

• dnc said:

dnc said:

81% chance.

I hate Oregon
    I hate Oregon but support the players.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    But do you hate them more than you like Washington?

dnc said:

dnc said:

81% chance.

I hate Oregon
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

dnc said:

dnc said:

81% chance.

I hate Oregon
    I'll second this. I hope the entire state sloughs off into the Pacific.