Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MyGaskin

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Hopefully he can be around 200 lbs next year for an expanded role.

Keith B. will still have Washington and will add speed-merchant McGrew in 2016. Would like to get a thumper for the 2017 class since DW will gone and Coleman will be a RS-SR.

seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/freshman-running-back-myles-gaskin-getting-comfortable-with-expanded-role-in-huskies-offense/

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Da-fuq?!?! Peterman will run the freaking ball!
    at least once every 3 drives, of maybe 2 drives if our RB goes for 70+ on a run.

Dardanus said:

Yes, that would be great. Then we could watch Peterman continue to not run the ball with even better RBs.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

"Running the ball isn't always the best way to attack a defense. It's really hard to run the ball. Maybe we could have been a little more stubborn in the run game. We still are figuring things out, but once these guys are seniors, they will have the necessary experience to best attack a defense."

FUCK!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate the cliche of needing a thumper. Bishop Sankey never needed to come out of the game and he wasn't a "thumper." Dalvin Cook on FSU isn't either. Just get some good fucking RB's. Gaskin is one.

Why do you hate Johnie Kirton?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This is where Peterman probably misses an AD who gets it.

If UW had an AD who:

A) Was straight
    B) Cared about winning
    C) Understood football

He would be pushing Peterman ... not accepting his bullshit.

It's like when I go into a conversation with an IT director. The fucker will talk me in circles, unless I go in with some asshole who speaks that geek shit. Then the IT director knows he is fucked and has to do what I am wanting.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, but where are you going to find a straight guy who cares about winning and knows football these days?
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

"Running the ball isn't always the best way to attack a defense. It's really hard to run the ball. Maybe we could have been a little more stubborn in the run game. We still are figuring things out, but once these guys are seniors, they will have the necessary experience to best attack a defense."

I actually agree with him in general. Assuming you have a competent passing game, it might be best to attack certain defenses with the pass more than the run.

But we don't have a competent passing game. So it ends up being ridiculous.

It is one thing to realize Oregon has weaknesses in the secondary. That is what a good coach would do. But to create an entire gameplan around your non-existant passing game is asinine. And then defending it after you have seen the results of your idiocy is even worse.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dardanus said:

Yes, that would be great. Then we could watch Peterman continue to not run the ball with even better RBs.

Bubble screens, slow offense, and shitty clock management are the hallmarks of a winner.

What's this "running game" you speak of???
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dardanus said:

Dardanus said:

Bubble screens, slow offense, and shitty clock management are the hallmarks of a winner.

It's the thing you're supposed to use when you have 4th and 1 at your opponent's 39 yard line.
    If you can't see the 4th and 1 QB punt is the wave of the future I can't help you.

Peterman is just ahead of his tim.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dardanus said:

Dardanus said:

It's the thing you're supposed to use when you have 4th and 1 at your opponent's 39 yard line.
    Have you ever coached D-1 football??? Didn't think so.

How dare you question the strategy of the Boise Jr College guru!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know it's confirmation bias, but I only remember the times Petersen has been wrong. I can think of quite a few scenarios. When has he been right in a coaching situation?
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I know it's confirmation bias, but I only remember the times Petersen has been wrong. I can think of quite a few scenarios. When has he been right in a coaching situation?

at UW? I don't know.

At Boise? Uh, hello...have you forgotten about this?

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    By thumper, I don't mean a guy who is 220-240 lbs but isn't fast or not a natural runner.

For 2017, this Cali RB is what I'm talking about but will be 99.69696969696969696969696969% impossible to flip him from Alabama:

https://rivals.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/player-Najee-Harris-165648

I hate the cliche of needing a thumper. Bishop Sankey never needed to come out of the game and he wasn't a "thumper." Dalvin Cook on FSU isn't either. Just get some good fucking RB's. Gaskin is one.