Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would Tedford be a good hire as Offensive Coordinator?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I think it's very possible Noel Mazzone is available this offseason. His offense is super basic and becomes limited, but he was able to get UCLA from terrible to pretty good almost immediately. Ditto at ASU. I also think his system fits well with the roster UW is building.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Meaning he'll get fired, will be amenable to leaving UCLA, or that Mora and he will be fired together?

What about hiring this guy? Throw more money at him since he's from the South. JS is like a poor man's version:

uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/major_applewhite_942390.html

I think it's very possible Noel Mazzone is available this offseason. His offense is super basic and becomes limited, but he was able to get UCLA from terrible to pretty good almost immediately. Ditto at ASU. I also think his system fits well with the roster UW is building.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    HFNY said:

Meaning he'll get fired, will be amenable to leaving UCLA, or that Mora and he will be fired together?

What about hiring this guy? Throw more money at him since he's from the South. JS is like a poor man's version:

You do not want the Major.

http://deadspin.com/5981066/texas-assistant-coach-major-applewhite-was-disciplined-for-inappropriate-consensual-behavior-with-an-adult-student-four-years-ago

Oh god its shaved.... oh god..... oh god
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

HFNY said:

http://deadspin.com/5981066/texas-assistant-coach-major-applewhite-was-disciplined-for-inappropriate-consensual-behavior-with-an-adult-student-four-years-ago

Alleged mistress:

Alleged wife:image
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I would love to see Tedford as UW's OC.

Look at Cal's offensive performance the last three years of his tenure to see why I would absolutely fuckingly love him at UW.

The theory being is that he got burned out as a head coach. If you look at his Oregon offenses they were dynamic
    If you look at his first six years at Cal, yeah, his offenses were dynamic. Have you seen the size of his fucking playbook lately? Having to carry it around is probably what gave him heart trouble. I hear he's really lighting it up in the CFL, too.

Like I said, I would LOVE to see him at UW, just for the comedic effect here. It'd be like chasing some old flame from years gone by only to find that she got wrinkly and disgusting just like you did.
    Yes, people never change or learn from their mistakes.
    You mean except Peterman and Smith
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

AZDuck said:

HFNY said:

Alleged mistress:

Alleged wife:image
    He has Schwarzeneger's taste in mistresses it would appear.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He's currently wasting away in Canada. He could come back here, wouldn't have to worry about all that head coaching stuff, and could just be a ball coach and take over the Husky offense.

unfortunately john smith is the OC. Havent we already been through the Tedford thing like 8 years ago?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho

He drove a healthy Cal program post-Snyder into the ground, but yeah, go with the Idaho story, 'cause, like, winning in a bumfuck backwoods shit league translates better than losing as an HC in the same fucking conference
    Once again, we are talking about his role as a coordinator and not as a head coach. Are you really this dense? Race vouched for you, but I'm not seeing it. I know you've been around and I thought you were a solid poster.

Gilby won two Rose Bowls as the OC and a third as an integral part of the offensive strategist.
    Then fucking hire Gilby as your OC, if your so infatuated with him. Fuck, hire Tedford. I'll get the popcorn.

It's funny that you seem to think that you know Tedford better than I do, even though I watched him from up close&personal for eleven years as a Cal season ticket holder. Perhaps we can meet at the 7-11 on Aurora and I can tell you TO YOUR FACE! how Tedford lost his offensive identity over the years. Alas, sadly, it's like you probably thought you knew Gilby better than I did, even though I watched him from up close and personal derstroy what Snyder had painstakingly built over my undergraduate years. But go ahead, keep cherrypicking the data you like the most, and I'll keep looking at the data that's most relevant.
    The fact that you are a Bears season ticket holder just goes to show that you have a life pattern of bad decision making.

Tedford took over 11 years after Snyder left. A "healthy Cal program"...Holy shit man.

Here are the records from in between Snyder and Tedford at Cal. 4-7, 9-4, 4-7, 6-6, 3-8, 5-6, 4-7 (really 0-11 due to forfeits), 3-8, 1-10
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho

He drove a healthy Cal program post-Snyder into the ground, but yeah, go with the Idaho story, 'cause, like, winning in a bumfuck backwoods shit league translates better than losing as an HC in the same fucking conference
    Once again, we are talking about his role as a coordinator and not as a head coach. Are you really this dense? Race vouched for you, but I'm not seeing it. I know you've been around and I thought you were a solid poster.

Gilby won two Rose Bowls as the OC and a third as an integral part of the offensive strategist.
    Then fucking hire Gilby as your OC, if your so infatuated with him. Fuck, hire Tedford. I'll get the popcorn.

It's funny that you seem to think that you know Tedford better than I do, even though I watched him from up close&personal for eleven years as a Cal season ticket holder. Perhaps we can meet at the 7-11 on Aurora and I can tell you TO YOUR FACE! how Tedford lost his offensive identity over the years. Alas, sadly, it's like you probably thought you knew Gilby better than I did, even though I watched him from up close and personal derstroy what Snyder had painstakingly built over my undergraduate years. But go ahead, keep cherrypicking the data you like the most, and I'll keep looking at the data that's most relevant.
    The fact that you are a Bears season ticket holder just goes to show that you have a life pattern of bad decision making.

Tedford took over 11 years after Snyder left. A "healthy Cal program"...Holy shit man.

Here are the records from in between Snyder and Tedford at Cal. 4-7, 9-4, 4-7, 6-6, 3-8, 5-6, 4-7 (really 0-11 due to forfeits), 3-8, 1-10
    He was talking about Gilby taking over for Snyder.

hth
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There's probably a reason that Jeffro was coaching in Canada.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho

He was talking about Gilby taking over for Snyder.

hth
    FML
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho

I am not a season ticket holder. Haven't been since 2012, and even then I'd stopped going to the games.

hth