Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This program has ruined me as a fan

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dongman said:

I am 26 and have aids

Thanks for sharing. #courage
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HuskyInAZ said:

I'm a few years older than some of you, so I can remember the early 90s teams really well. I can also remember the lame late 80s teams. Those teams were still better coached than today's team. That clock management was just horrible. I don't even remember the punts on fourth and short because: alcohol.

3-3 used to be considered really bad, like a major failure. I remember they started 2-3 when I was in fifth grade, and they had lost @ an AZ team that had beaten Oklahomo, Colorado (they were a top ten team then for you youngsters), and SC who owned the Pac 10. That wasn't acceptable though. It was fucking bullshit. I got so mad that I almost started rooting for other teams.

Now it's almost expected. And fuck all the senior citizens with perspective who remember when the team was 2-8 or some shit in 1968 because Jim Owens was a racist. Give me a break. Do you want to be a top 15-20 program or not? Stop excusing bullshit and mediocrity.

Those shitty 80's teams. You know, 84-33-2 is really shitty. Your perspective is appreciated, albeit off base. Unless, of course, you buy into to the @TierbsHsotBoobs BS.
    Fuck. Off.

Oh, and walk off, bitch.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

I'm 31, so I barely remember '91, was in high school the last time UW went to a bowl game that was worth a shit, and have spent virtually all of my adult life watching the team I love lose to the team I hate the most(along with all other semi-decent teams). I'm at the point where I hate watching the games. I get so fucking mad that I lose all control and start spewing phrases that could make PL_SS blush. Old people around me in the stadium turn and look with horror, stunned that the human mind can construct such vile sentences. My friends and family get on my case about it saying I shouldn't get so mad over a game.

The shit I've had to watch the last 14 years has made me so pessimistic it's pathetic. When I watch the Huskies play, my first instinct is to assume that every flag is on them, every review is going against them, and that every time they make a good play, they're going to fuck it up and give it back. I didn't see Gaskin score tonight because I was looking for flags, and I do that on pretty much every big play without even consciously doing it.

When the score was 23-6 tonight, part of me was actually hoping Oregon would break out the plunger and finish them off just so I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's straight battered spouse shit. I keep hoping things will change, that at some point whatever loser coach we have will turn the corner and pretend to earn his multimillion dollar salary, but every time it ends with a swift kick to the dick followed by the realization that as long as a bunch of liberals who don't give a fuck about football run UW, the football team is never going to be good again.

There's no accountability, and it goes all the way up the chain. The president and BOR don't hold the athletic director to a standard of excellence, so there's no pressure on him to hold the coach to one, the coach doesn't hold his assistants accountable, mediocrity becomes acceptable, and all of a sudden your program becomes a breeding ground for losers. Sure, a coach may leave or get fired occasionally, but the culture remains, fueled by the fact that the people in charge don't seem to care.

I better cut this off before it gets any closer to Tequilla long, but I fear I've gotten to that point already. I'm just so fucking tired of this shit. It sucks watching something I care about continually fall short of what I know it can be. I miss Washington, dammit.

You miss Washington? You were in diapers when we were good. You have no clue. Join in with the crowd. Make yourself feel cool. Typical millennial gibberish.
    Yeah, I have no clue, because I can't read books and watch old games. Nevermind that my first memories of the program are from the greatest period/moment in its history. The fact that you apparently were alive during the glory years and still are ok with the bullshit we've witnessed this year shows what a fucking moron you are. Typical old loser doog gibberish.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

dongman said:

I am 26 and have aids

Will you fuck my ex? No rubber. 2 hole. TIA
    You bet your tight ass I will.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,887
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

I'm a few years older than some of you, so I can remember the early 90s teams really well. I can also remember the lame late 80s teams. Those teams were still better coached than today's team. That clock management was just horrible. I don't even remember the punts on fourth and short because: alcohol.

3-3 used to be considered really bad, like a major failure. I remember they started 2-3 when I was in fifth grade, and they had lost @ an AZ team that had beaten Oklahomo, Colorado (they were a top ten team then for you youngsters), and SC who owned the Pac 10. That wasn't acceptable though. It was fucking bullshit. I got so mad that I almost started rooting for other teams.

Now it's almost expected. And fuck all the senior citizens with perspective who remember when the team was 2-8 or some shit in 1968 because Jim Owens was a racist. Give me a break. Do you want to be a top 15-20 program or not? Stop excusing bullshit and mediocrity.

Those shitty 80's teams. You know, 84-33-2 is really shitty. Your perspective is appreciated, albeit off base. Unless, of course, you buy into to the @TierbsHsotBoobs BS.
    That's why I specified late 80s. From '87 through '89, they were (it's they now) 21-13-1 if the math in my head is correct. Most of the other 80s teams were at least Rose Bowl contenders. The problem is, that's OK now to many. Peterman is 11-9 at UW now. We're exactly 20-13 since the start of the 2013 season. Stanford is good now. We can't expect to beat them. We're still young. We'll get Oregon next year! Utah is undefeated! It's just too competitive. Let's just be OK with 7-5 and the Bitcoin Little Ceasar's Bowl.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I remember the Warren Moon Rose Bowl, but the first game I really knew what was going on was the Tom Flick Rose Bowl. My first 'team' was the Seahawks (Zorn!), but that was before I even knew what the difference between college and pro were and I thought of it as simply abundance to be able to add a cool team with gold helmets to the team with silver helmets that I already liked.

In fact, when I was a kid, I processed some of my fanhood as simply being about metallic helmets. Saints? Yes! They had a cool design and were like the pro version of UW's unis with black! The Detroit Lions were like the Hawks only slightly cooler. On and on. Anyway...

I liked the UW and the Hawks pretty much equally (though I knew that the UW was actually a good team and that the Hawks kind of sucked) until Zorn got replaced by that fag Dave Krieg. Once that happened, I basically ditched interest in the Hawks and went with the team that had the higher standards.

It turned out that was really fun because there were local kids on the team (Jeff Jaeger! From my city!), the unis were dope and we used to beat people up. Defense first, a coach with a dope highlight show on Sundays who seemed like a genuinely good guy, it really all made sense.

The Orange Bowl was a formative moment for me: Purple Reign. Defense. Who gives a shit about offense? Leave that to the fags. We like to punch people. That's cool.

I wasn't old enough to be really critical of James during the late 80s. I thought of it as self-evident that he was a great coach and he just needed time. It turns out I was right, but for the wrong reasons. James had standards.

When you look back at James' career, it wasn't that he was Urban Meyer or Saban, but he was dope because he had standards and we were dope. We had an identity. It meant something to play 'like Washington'.

Of course, those standards led to a great 3 year run, but Oregon's had a 10 year run. Still what they accomplished hasn't quite been the same. It's identity is bullshit and transient and their fans are morons. Washington football was something a bit different. We were a Big 10 team in the Pac 10.

At the USC game in '95 I knew we were fucked. White pants. Fuck Lambo. Then '99 and '00 were fantastic years. Then the new Unis and Rick's fag offense. His soft players.

All of a sudden we weren't just dipwads in faggy uniforms—we had become just anybody. We weren't 'Washington' any more, we were just some team doing what a lot of teams do. No particularly 'specialness' or identity. Just going through the motions with some coach who didn't give two shits about Washington.

Then Gilby. We hit the ice-berg. He sucked and we hired him because we suck. The program was dead.

We hired Ty for no good reason and he didn't do much other than Take a 1 win team up to 5 wins, then back down to 0 once his players quit.

Then we hired Sark. We were nowheresville. No identity, nothing. Just some team.

Now we have Pete. We have a guy who explicitly says he doesn't have an 'offense' he 'just runs plays'.

To me, Washington will always be special because we had an identity and that identity both reflected and molded the values of the other half of the PNW. The Loggers, dock workers and all that shit. Everett and Puyallup.

Now the best programs in our state are in rich areas and we have a bunch of kids that have no idea what 'Washington' is about. Fucking Azeem Victor thinks Lester Towns was a legend. Lester Towns isn't a top-10 LB at WASHINGTON.

It's over, but I'm still here because fuck it. It's my life and this is what I do with it. I could change my name to Tommy DeYoung, but I'm Dennis.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't put an AIDS needle in Babushka in .2 seconds if I saw him today, though.

Thanks for reading.

christ tequilla
    I mean...
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,887
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Another 1988 story: I remember being at this pizza place out near the Greenwood Fred Meyer for some kids' damn birthday party, or it might have been the celebration of the soccer team's championship (75k) with a 4-2-4 record in November of 1988. This annoying kid had this Husky shirt on and it said, "Best in the West" and it had all the P 10 mascot animals. I felt like saying, "Why the hell are you wearing that? They just lost to the loser Cougits, almost lost to horrible Kal, and they were 3-5 and probably sixth place or something. That shirt looks ridiculous." So even at a young age, I knew it was unacceptable to be that mediocre.
  • Options

Another 1988 story: I remember being at this pizza place out near the Greenwood Fred Meyer for some kids' damn birthday party, or it might have been the celebration of the soccer team's championship (75k) with a 4-2-4 record in November of 1988. This annoying kid had this Husky shirt on and it said, "Best in the West" and it had all the P 10 mascot animals. I felt like saying, "Why the hell are you wearing that? They just lost to the loser Cougits, almost lost to horrible Kal, and they were 3-5 and probably sixth place or something. That shirt looks ridiculous." So even at a young age, I knew it was unacceptable to be that mediocre.

That was, and I don't say this lightly, a very cool story, bro.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'll be honest...the only reason I'm still a fan is because I have you assholes to share my misery with.

This. Without this hive of scum and villainy to commiserate and share hookers and blow stories with I would have moved on years ago. I haven't even lived on the West Coast or been to a game in years. I still care, but mostly as a product of talking it all the time with you degenerates. If I didn't come here, it would wane and I would just fish or fuck every Saturday. Or both.

The lack of caring at the top at UW has worn me down. We will never be good again. We might have a good year here or there, but a perennial contender is not in the cards.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Swaye said:

I remember the Warren Moon Rose Bowl, but the first game I really knew what was going on was the Tom Flick Rose Bowl. My first 'team' was the Seahawks (Zorn!), but that was before I even knew what the difference between college and pro were and I thought of it as simply abundance to be able to add a cool team with gold helmets to the team with silver helmets that I already liked.

In fact, when I was a kid, I processed some of my fanhood as simply being about metallic helmets. Saints? Yes! They had a cool design and were like the pro version of UW's unis with black! The Detroit Lions were like the Hawks only slightly cooler. On and on. Anyway...

I liked the UW and the Hawks pretty much equally (though I knew that the UW was actually a good team and that the Hawks kind of sucked) until Zorn got replaced by that fag Dave Krieg. Once that happened, I basically ditched interest in the Hawks and went with the team that had the higher standards.

It turned out that was really fun because there were local kids on the team (Jeff Jaeger! From my city!), the unis were dope and we used to beat people up. Defense first, a coach with a dope highlight show on Sundays who seemed like a genuinely good guy, it really all made sense.

The Orange Bowl was a formative moment for me: Purple Reign. Defense. Who gives a shit about offense? Leave that to the fags. We like to punch people. That's cool.

I wasn't old enough to be really critical of James during the late 80s. I thought of it as self-evident that he was a great coach and he just needed time. It turns out I was right, but for the wrong reasons. James had standards.

When you look back at James' career, it wasn't that he was Urban Meyer or Saban, but he was dope because he had standards and we were dope. We had an identity. It meant something to play 'like Washington'.

Of course, those standards led to a great 3 year run, but Oregon's had a 10 year run. Still what they accomplished hasn't quite been the same. It's identity is bullshit and transient and their fans are morons. Washington football was something a bit different. We were a Big 10 team in the Pac 10.

At the USC game in '95 I knew we were fucked. White pants. Fuck Lambo. Then '99 and '00 were fantastic years. Then the new Unis and Rick's fag offense. His soft players.

All of a sudden we weren't just dipwads in faggy uniforms—we had become just anybody. We weren't 'Washington' any more, we were just some team doing what a lot of teams do. No particularly 'specialness' or identity. Just going through the motions with some coach who didn't give two shits about Washington.

Then Gilby. We hit the ice-berg. He sucked and we hired him because we suck. The program was dead.

We hired Ty for no good reason and he didn't do much other than Take a 1 win team up to 5 wins, then back down to 0 once his players quit.

Then we hired Sark. We were nowheresville. No identity, nothing. Just some team.

Now we have Pete. We have a guy who explicitly says he doesn't have an 'offense' he 'just runs plays'.

To me, Washington will always be special because we had an identity and that identity both reflected and molded the values of the other half of the PNW. The Loggers, dock workers and all that shit. Everett and Puyallup.

Now the best programs in our state are in rich areas and we have a bunch of kids that have no idea what 'Washington' is about. Fucking Azeem Victor thinks Lester Towns was a legend. Lester Towns isn't a top-10 LB at WASHINGTON.

It's over, but I'm still here because fuck it. It's my life and this is what I do with it. I could change my name to Tommy DeYoung, but I'm Dennis.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't put an AIDS needle in Babushka in .2 seconds if I saw him today, though.

Thanks for reading.

Nailed it. POTD.

The identity thing IS what made Washington great. But, it will never come back. It was a time and a place. We aren't going back to hard nosed grind it out football with lunch pail logger liberals anytime soon. Probably never. I am okay with that.

But FFS, can we start a NEW identity that involves winning? You see, the identity takes care of itself when you are a winner. Oregon has an identity under Chip...glitz, glamour, loud uniforms and we will run you over up tempo style. Total fag shit compared to Don James football. I would take it in a heartbeat if it meant winning. I don't GAF how we win, and what we are know for. If that fuckass Leach could win here I'd think "well, Air Raid is gay, but they just won a fucking Rose Bowl so who gives a fuck!"

I totally get your point, and it is the same reason I have so many memories of Washington. Just crushing people. Other teams were literally afraid to come here and play. We were Miami on the left coast. Bad ass! But, I don't give a fuck if we run spread, up tempo, all vertical attack....whatever...just fucking win. But we won't.

Alabama got shitty for several years. Texas has fallen off badly. Look at USC after the Kiffen/Sark implosion. Even Miami...enough said on that. It is very hard to keep a top tier football program for decade after decade. Only a handful of schools have been able to do it. Oklahomo, Bama, Ohio State, USC....we are still the right hire away from being great...but we won't do it. Those schools mentioned above (sans Miami) have a serious institutional will to win. Whatever it takes even if we have to fuck it up for 10 years we WILL win big again. Anyone who thinks UC or the AD at UW has a deep in their balls will to win needs to get fucked. They don't. We lucked into DJ, and Seattle was a very different place in the late 70's/80's then it is now.

UW football is over. Finished. Get @RaceBannon to write the obituary and let's bury it and all get all coked up and say who gives a shit.
    I didn't really mention this, and ancient people like @RaceBannon could speak to it as well, but it all goes back to Owens (and possibly further) having tough guys. Then DJ kept that theme going as well.

So, we were 'tough guys' for the better part of 40 years. That was the identity.

Now we are fags in faggy uniforms riding whatever trend there is on it's most surface level.

Sure, we used to follow trends like anyone else, but underneath whatever that was, we had tough fuckers. Now we are just whatever and do whatever.

What is Washington football now? It's the team that plays at Washington. Cort fucking Dennison is a Washington football player. He gets to say he was the same as David Rill does.

However, only one was a WASHINGTON football player.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I'll be honest...the only reason I'm still a fan is because I have you assholes to share my misery with.

This. Without this hive of scum and villainy to commiserate and share hookers and blow stories with I would have moved on years ago. I haven't even lived on the West Coast or been to a game in years. I still care, but mostly as a product of talking it all the time with you degenerates. If I didn't come here, it would wane and I would just fish or fuck every Saturday. Or both.

The lack of caring at the top at UW has worn me down. We will never be good again. We might have a good year here or there, but a perennial contender is not in the cards.
    For your personal well being, it might be time to move on to the fishing and fucking.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I fucking LOVE story time on this bored.

I would like to get shitfaced with one of Maka's Dads.