Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT: Home Contractors.

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,934 Founders Club
    By the way

I know: ""Look in a phone book dipshit." "This is a football bored and we have a big game this week, asshole."

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,246 Founders Club

Baseman said:

They blaze on breaks too. Shocking? Sure but that's the work world today. I know this guy whose son works at a tech company and most of the workers vape and smoke weed @ work. It goes on a lot. I just don't report it on the boreds

how can you *really* tell if your painter blazes on breaks?
    Painters (and drywallers) usually prefer to drink. Think: Sarkisian, Steve

HTH
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,960 Swaye's Wigwam
    Take this crap to Unleashed where it belongs.

Too old school?
    chuck said:

Take this crap to Unleashed where it belongs.

Too old school?

No, perfectly timed.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
  • huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    Passion said:

Needed - Construction company/contractor for major home addition/renovation. Assuming at least a few of you degenerates actually own homes, any recommendations would be appreciated.

I know: ""Look in a phone book dipshit." "This is a football bored and we have a big game this week, asshole."

Whatever. Fuck off.

Any references would be appreciated.

When I look for a contractor, I look for a chew-on-nails, lunchpail type of guy.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    I'm getting a glory hole installed on my back door.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    pawz said:

Baseman said:

They blaze on breaks too. Shocking? Sure but that's the work world today. I know this guy whose son works at a tech company and most of the workers vape and smoke weed @ work. It goes on a lot. I just don't report it on the boreds

how can you *really* tell if your painter blazes on breaks?
    Painters (and drywallers) usually prefer to drink. Think: Sarkisian, Steve

HTH
    @TommySQC, true?

I'm getting a glory hole installed on my back door.

My buddy flips houses and we always joke about him installing 'custom glory holes' in his projects. That joke never gets old every 23rd time.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Look, just accept that you're going to end up hating your contractor and you'll be fine.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    ... and make sure he drives a Jay Buhner truck jacked 6' off the ground
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    You never said where... Seattle?

My experience is that 10% of the contractors are great, and they have year long waitlists.

The remaining 90% are no better than what you could do yourself, normally worse... most of them learned their trade during the bubble from 2000-2007, where few people were checking quality because everybody was just flipping the house -- and their poor quality shows.

My single biggest piece of advice is avoid people that haven't been in business since before 1999, check local references, and expect to be put on a waitlist if they are good. Good people are in demand. Those that don't have a waitlist -- there is a reason they don't have a waitlist.