Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Stadium officially new LGBQT Center

2»

Comments

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

Donna Shalala protege. Your football program is in trouble

Shalala cheated like hell for as long as she could
    Yet, the Miami football program was still a complete dumpster fire under her watch.
    Other than the greatest team in history
    Shalala was Miami pres. from 2001 to 2015. They won the 2001 Nat'l Championship, but she didn't hire the AD that hired Butch Davis or promoted Larry Coker, so how did she play any role in the 2001 team? That's like saying Barbara Hedges played a role in the '91 UW Nat'l Championship team because she was UW AD from 1991-2004. Simply a matter of good timing, nothing more.
    I was trying to find something nice to say about a lib. Never again
    "I think Obama could be a great president."

You think you'd have learned your lesson by now.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club
    Well he could have. Theoretically
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

PurpleJ said:

They increased tuition by 10-15% every year I was in school.

:neutral:

It's almost like there is a correlation with state funding of higher education.

Tuition has accelerated because anyone and everyone can get a loan to go to college. Very similar to the housing bubble. They wanted everyone to be able to own their own home. The ultimate result was skyrocketing housing prices and now the lowest rate of home ownership in nearly 50 years. Everyone can go to college now but many of the degrees are worthless and degrees in general have been devalued.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Well he could have. Hypothetically

• BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    AZDuck said:

Your football program is in trouble

How ironic
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Over the last 30 years, University overhead costs have accelerated at similar to medical premium/cost inflation rates. Salary inflation, building projects, and most insidiously administrative staff growth have increased the cost of attendance. Easy access to credit funds this cost growth. Turn off the credit and fire 33% of the administration and college becomes affordable again.

My two primary concerns with the new chancellor are she likely lacks the gravitas in DC to keep the money flowing and she's a career UW administrator - can she really affect any real administrative improvements or cost controls?

I'm sure she's great and everyone loves her, but her resume is a little light. She's a little like Sark after Ty and Gilby.