Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Fan Podcast: Post USC, Pre-Oregon

13»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I listen every week with feces in my throat, and can't get a shout out. Hurtful. Here's a twitter question for next week: how much does Chest get paid to fluff SRS?

You deserve a shoutout when Victor gets mentioned.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Also, FREE PUB!! with the shoutout

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

jecornel said:

What was Tui thinking? Riding that drunken ship? So bizarre.

Players, coaches knew he was drunk all these years.

All these enablers are sick people..... just sick people.

What are the USC coaches supposed to do? They aren't in charge of Sark. Would you quit your job if your boss was a drunk?
    No, but I wouldn't have followed him down to USC. Everyone on his staff up here minus Tui and Paupoa would have been hired by other programs if Pete wouldn't have kept them on the staff.

Although I will say being a asst. coach in cfb is like being a nomad and you will be moving jobs every 3-5 years on average so maybe the idea was to be there for a couple of years make $ and get out before it blew up.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    You're* very best effort. Good chit.
  • drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    Good pod guys. I still want another episode each week.

I think Chest is looking through browning colored glasses when making an assessment of the QB play lately. Jake has been progressing in some areas such as staying in the pocket longer. But accuracy was a real issue last game. If you are immobile then you have to make good decisions and be accurate. The UW win has silenced the QB criticism.

You guys pointing out the sub packages each week are great observations. 736 is the only linebacker combo that should be playing. Like you all mentioned, at least one them should always be present. Victor will be missed for a half next week. Royce may have 150 by the time he meets Victor.

Jake must improve accuracy for this game. I can't believe the other 3 QBs are less accurate as Jake lately. But then reality prevails. Miley was our starting QB last year. The others are placeholders.

What does every think about the run D? The wins masks the YPC. Early on the D line was getting blown off the line of scrimmage. The coaches seem to make the right in game adjustments If Sark would abandoned the pass game, I believe the coaches would have made the proper changes. Just one thing to look at during the Oregon game.

Speaking of the Oregon game, concerning the UW defense, the single most important key will be tackling. Royce is a beast. For the UW offense, Oregon's key will be stopping UWs run game. So Jake has to hit the open receivers if UW is going to win.

One last thing. Will storming the field be acceptable if UW wins the game?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Glaa

Just can't pull trigger on a win. The offense is so bad. Only 17 last week, but as RD said 1 of the tds was a trick play after a turnover. IMO those credits go to the defense.

Victor being out is colossal.

That being said....... We're fucking due. I want to predict a win so fucking bad but I can't.

17-14 Oregon.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    droggins said:

Good pod guys. I still want another episode each week.

I think Chest is looking through browning colored glasses when making an assessment of the QB play lately. Jake has been progressing in some areas such as staying in the pocket longer. But accuracy was a real issue last game. If you are immobile then you have to make good decisions and be accurate. The UW win has silenced the QB criticism.

You guys pointing out the sub packages each week are great observations. 736 is the only linebacker combo that should be playing. Like you all mentioned, at least one them should always be present. Victor will be missed for a half next week. Royce may have 150 by the time he meets Victor.

Jake must improve accuracy for this game. I can't believe the other 3 QBs are less accurate as Jake lately. But then reality prevails. Miley was our starting QB last year. The others are placeholders.

What does every think about the run D? The wins masks the YPC. Early on the D line was getting blown off the line of scrimmage. The coaches seem to make the right in game adjustments If Sark would abandoned the pass game, I believe the coaches would have made the proper changes. Just one thing to look at during the Oregon game.

Speaking of the Oregon game, concerning the UW defense, the single most important key will be tackling. Royce is a beast. For the UW offense, Oregon's key will be stopping UWs run game. So Jake has to hit the open receivers if UW is going to win.

One last thing. Will storming the field be acceptable if UW wins the game?

Only if you dance on the O with cutoff white t shirts with NW Champions sharpied on them