Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Fan Podcast: Post USC, Pre-Oregon

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I inteded to give @BallSacked a shoutout but forgot. His consistent and steadfast call for a UW win should be its own profile in courage.

Thanks Chestes. I do it for the calls and message board glory, not the pub, but appreciate your ts & ps all the same.

Maybe confirmation bias but I thought SCs line play was going to be pretty mediocre without Leonard Williams and Pullard...and it is. I could see them losing the next two games, and hopefully my Bruins beat them too.

Thanks to the dawgs of war for blowing out Tureks ACL. Much appreciated for doing us that solid.
    My bold prediction is that USC will beat Notre Dame and Utah. They will play a lot better without the Sark distraction. Then they lose to your Brooins.
    Though I'm fully aware of @TheScript, I'll be really disappointed if #MyIrish don't break off the plunger in them. Scorch the earth, salt the fields.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    edited October 2015

I inteded to give @BallSacked a shoutout but forgot. His consistent and steadfast call for a UW win should be its own profile in courage.

Thanks Chestes. I do it for the calls and message board glory, not the pub, but appreciate your ts & ps all the same.

Maybe confirmation bias but I thought SCs line play was going to be pretty mediocre without Leonard Williams and Pullard...and it is. I could see them losing the next two games, and hopefully my Bruins beat them too.

Thanks to the dawgs of war for blowing out Tureks ACL. Much appreciated for doing us that solid.
    My bold prediction is that USC will beat Notre Dame and Utah. They will play a lot better without the Sark distraction. Then they lose to your Brooins.
    Maybe they get up for one, but not both. The emotional aspect in football is like getting hopped up on Mountain Dew. It's great for 5 minutes, then reality comes crashing in on you along with your blood sugar level.

I do not see them beating Utah, frankly, and Washington beating them was not in any way whatsoever a surprise to me.

That's how shitty Sark is, and SC teams, in general, tend to get a little too much hype relative to what's really there.
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958

You owe us a solid on Stanford Thirsday night. #RootingForInjuries
    It's October 13th and we're still concerned about league standings? This feels very awkward.
    You have to remember how much the pac-12 sucks this year.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Maybe they get up for one, but not both. The emotional aspect in football is like getting hopped up on Mountain Dew. It's great for 5 minutes, then reality comes crashing in on you along with your blood sugar level.

I do not see them beating Utah, frankly, and Washington beating them was not in any way whatsoever a surprise to me.

That's how shitty Sark is, and SC teams, in general, tend to get a little too much hype relative to what's really there.
    my take is that UW laid the groundwork for ND and Utah to physically punish Kessler early and often.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Notre Dame gets a little lot of undeserved hype every year. Other than the 2012 title appearance (where they were plungered) they have been a mediocre program for a long time.

Utah is a good team, but they are bound to lose a couple games.

Notre Dame gets a little lot of undeserved hype every year. Other than the 2012 title appearance (where they were plungered) they have been a mediocre program for a long time.

ND was good to very good at the start of the season. Injuries knocked them back down quite a bit.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

jecornel said:

What was Tui thinking? Riding that drunken ship? So bizarre.

Players, coaches knew he was drunk all these years.

All these enablers are sick people..... just sick people.

What are the USC coaches supposed to do? They aren't in charge of Sark. Would you quit your job if your boss was a drunk?
    He followed sark to USC... we knew it wouldn't end well... how couldn't tui know that.

ND was good to very good at the start of the season. Injuries knocked them back down quite a bit.
    How so? They played one game before Zaire got hurt and he was an unproven QB who was 7-18 before breaking his ankle at Virginia. They aren't terrible, but they aren't good either. They are overrated at some point every season.

How so? They played one game before Zaire got hurt and he was an unproven QB who was 7-18 before breaking his ankle at Virginia. They aren't terrible, but they aren't good either. They are overrated at some point every season.
    Zaire was one of 4-5 starters lost in the first two weeks. But you know me, I'm just propping up Brian Kelly.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

I think ND is a solid team realtive to who the Pac12. On the road, and I don't think Helton will rally them. Could happen, but I think ND -7 is right.

Coming home to play Utah - we'll see. I think Utah is a better more physical version of Washington on defense with a NFL running back and a QB that is boom/bust.

If I had to lay a bet from my LOADED bank account - it would be for SC to lose both.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    One thing that I thought was a very important point made in the podcast, one that has been made on the boards, and a discussion that I had with Chest at the last trip to the Taki Tiki was about the offense finding an identity and playing to the strengths of the team. In the USC game, for the first time all year, we saw the identity being established by playing smart on offense, running the ball, and taking shots when available. Even though we didn't hit on the shots, the ability to play in this manner had lasting implications to our defense and special teams ... which are both far bigger strengths. Petersen called out as much during his presser yesterday talking about the need to continue to run the ball even when it isn't working and having faith that at some point it will pay off.

As alluded to during the predictions, the above #script for us this year has us playing a lot of these types of games where things look ugly but get to the 2nd half and 4th quarter due to the defense and special teams keeping us in the game. We'll have some good/bad days on offense as we go. But we won't be looking at many situations where we are going to blow teams out of the water because of our explosive offense. It's not who we are. Not in the script.

Also, when you think about it, this is also one of the reasons that I said before the season that I could see this season shaping up a lot like the 99 team that was very ugly at times but also got late into the year with a legit chance to win the conference. I can see the same playing out this year. We win this weekend and Stanford loses to UCLA. Head down to the Farm next weekend and beat them. Cal will get at least another loss in them between the games against the LA schools and Stanford. Could very easily be in a great position in the conference. I still don't think that we'll win the North this year by being so inconsistent offensively with how young we are ... but there will be enough there that by the end of the year the team can look back at it and realize not only how close they are, but how winning next year is right there for them to take. Good days are on the horizon. Let's start it this weekend.
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

What was Tui thinking? Riding that drunken ship? So bizarre.

Players, coaches knew he was drunk all these years.

All these enablers are sick people..... just sick people.

What are the USC coaches supposed to do? They aren't in charge of Sark. Would you quit your job if your boss was a drunk?
    He followed sark to USC... we knew it wouldn't end well... how couldn't tui know that.
    He didn't have another realistic option other than a horrible UW offer.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

You owe us a solid on Stanford Thirsday night. #RootingForInjuries
    It's October 13th and we're still concerned about league standings? This feels very awkward.
    We? won't care after Saturday.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

People forget that ND won the Pac-12 South in 2013.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Pretty good Lee Corso impression. I would encourage a regular segment where you check in with "Lee" and then spout some silly nonsense about UWs opponent of the week. Your welcome for the ratings boost.
  • fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for reading. Haters drive membership.

Thanks for our shoutout. ;)