Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Were we recruiting any of these kids?

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've been beating this drum for weeks.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought they were calling on Mique Juarez
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

When USC has coaching turmoil they lose the kids from SEC and B1G territory to the Michigan, Notre Dame, and Alabamas. The SoCal SC ride or die kids don't go anywhere.

And then USC poaches a few kids from other PAC schools that were dying for an offer.

So overall the Sarkplosion is a small negative for UW's recruiting outlook.

Agree. Overall this is bad for us in recruiting probably. They might come after some of our kids like McGrew, Eifler and Wattenburg.

The only kid it could potentially help with is Juarez and as @BallSacked has told us on numerous occasions, he's not leaving LA.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451

When USC has coaching turmoil they lose the kids from SEC and B1G territory to the Michigan, Notre Dame, and Alabamas. The SoCal SC ride or die kids don't go anywhere.

And then USC poaches a few kids from other PAC schools that were dying for an offer.

Agree. Overall this is bad for us in recruiting probably. They might come after some of our kids like McGrew, Eifler and Wattenburg.

The only kid it could potentially help with is Juarez and as @BallSacked has told us on numerous occasions, he's not leaving LA.
    Maybe he'll be the first football player to telecommute?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Yeah. He's one of those guys that likely won't leave LA. And if he does it'll be ND or Michigan, not UW. Ditto Jack Jones. Broons think they already flipped Juarez. He's been committed to SC but has been going to lots of UCLA events and said he is announcing at an all-star game? His mom is very pro-UCLA on Instagram. He's also the same player as Eifler - athletic OLB.

Don't see eifler flipping off UW with his connection to the UW. Don't see SC recruiting McGrew at all. I've heard Asiasi was starting to become a UCLA/UW battle...but I bet SCs TE committ from PA bails and the new coach at SC becomes a big player for him. That's probably the biggest loss for UW, if anything.

• Options
    I could see Trevon Sidney flipping...but he's a slot receiver and that's probably the position UW needs the least. Martin appears to be wavering, but a big time kid from Mater Dei (SC factory) probably sticks in the end and if he doesn't he'll go ND or UCLA.

For UW - the Sarkening is probably a net negative, if anything. For UCLA it could be a big positive or big negative...depends how bad it gets and who they hire and on what timeline.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam

For UW - the Sarkening is probably a net negative, if anything. For UCLA it could be a big positive or big negative...depends how bad it gets and who they hire and on what timeline.

Sounds like either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I could see Trevon Sidney flipping...but he's a slot receiver and that's probably the position UW needs the least. Martin appears to be wavering, but a big time kid from Mater Dei (SC factory) probably sticks in the end and if he doesn't he'll go ND or UCLA.

I have suspected for some time you were Scott Eklund. Now I know you are.
  • Options

I have suspected for some time you were Scott Eklund. Now I know you are.
    How dare you! I'm not a Seattle Birkenstock wearing fat person. HTH.

It really could go either way. Depends who they hire who that guy hires and when it all happens. If SC hires a home run...carnage. If they hire someone like Kyle Wittingham probably won't be a good class.

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who qualifies as a realistic home run hire for USC these days anyway?