Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deadspin: Nike forced schools to return gear that needed more swooshes.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
Story. There is nothing doogish about hating Nike. If Woodward had even one testicle, he would have ended the unholy union with his enemy's sponsor-in-chief a long time ago.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    A team that has destroyed us like Oregon has is not an enemy.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I love the BIG check they give us.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Exactly how badly does UW need the money? And is the difference between Nike's offer and, say, adidas's so great that it's worth compromising your brand and promoting your arch rival?
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    TTJ said:

Exactly how badly does UW need the money? And is the difference between Nike's offer and, say, adidas's so great that it's worth compromising your brand and promoting your arch rival?

According to Phil Bleenor, yes.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TTJ said:

UW doesn't work for Nike, Nike works for UW.

dnc said:

Was it the Christmas ornament helmets or the no-huddle offense that convinced you?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    They kids love nike
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

Was it the Christmas ornament helmets or the no-huddle offense that convinced you?
    If you really think Nike is making decisions for UW I can't help you. Sark went full ducktard willingly. UW asked, Nike was ever so happy to oblige.

I have never understood the obsession with Nike. Kids don't see Nike and think Oregon. They do see Oregon and think NIke. Oregon has leveraged that connection well. If UW marketing wasn't CrazyLarryFS they could leverage Nike much better than they have.
    dnc said:

I have never understood the obsession with Nike. Kids don't see Nike and think Oregon. They do see Oregon and think NIke. Oregon has leveraged that connection well. If UW marketing wasn't CrazyLarryFS they could leverage Nike much better than they have.

You can't see that Oregon and Nike are synonyms. And I can't help you.
  • 4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    there are no football cleats that come close to as good as nike.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    4321DAWGS said:

This. Nike has the best gear for football and it isn't close.

4321DAWGS said:

Jack H. Lockner. The cleats? So Notre Dame, UCLA and others (who, unlike UW, actually play home games on grass) are wilfully putting themselves at some appreciable competitive disadvantage by signing up for adidas's inferior cleats? Fuck off.
    TTJ said:

4321DAWGS said:

Jack H. Lockner. The cleats? So Notre Dame, UCLA and others (who, unlike UW, actually play home games on grass) are wilfully putting themselves at some appreciable competitive disadvantage by signing up for adidas's inferior cleats? Fuck off.
    Far more schools are using NIke than are not. I'm not going to say nobody else can make a good pair of cleats, but if you really think there aren't advantages to having Nike then you're going to have to explain why so few schools use anybody else.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    TTJ said:

Thanks for proving that hating on Nike is a total Doog move, Doog.
    dnc: "Far more schools are using NIke than are not. I'm not going to say nobody else can make a good pair of cleats, but if you really think there aren't advantages to having Nike then you're going to have to explain why so few schools use anybody else."
    Easy. Most programs go with the highest bidder, because most programs don't identify Oregon as their chief rival. Apply the Iron Bowl test: If Auburn was a wholly owned subsidiary of Nike, does you think Alabama would wear their shit?
    svenfs: "Thanks for proving that hating on Nike is a total Doog move, Doog."
    I don't begrudge or disrepect Oregon. (I actually picked them to win the BCS title game this year.) But I still want them to die in a fire. And that doesn't make me a doog.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Lmfao this is extremely Doogish. Nike makes the best gear hands down.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    As a dad that has bought his share of cleats, both baseball and football, I can tell you that Nike makes the best cleats, and it's not close.