Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Remembering Jennifer Johnson (1974-2015)

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,572
    The contrast of watching the Woodinville kids celebrating and you then receiving that text really got me.

Please accept my condolences.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,437 Founders Club
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your family. God Bless
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,924
    Very sorry to read of this Derek. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I liked very much the honesty of your piece here. None of us, however hard we try to portray otherwise, have a perfect set up, particularly where family is concerned. The part about retreating to your separate adult lives really rings true with me (as I suspect it does with others here).

Sounds like you were a good brother, and she a good sister. I'm glad you were able to be there in her final weeks and play a part in sending her off to the other side.

Best wishes,
    Creep
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,289 Swaye's Wigwam
    RIP, sorry for you loss

cancer has taken multiple loved ones from me. Fuck that disease.
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    RIP and Fuck Cancer... my condolences to you and your family Derek, very emotional story (as I pretend to not cry...).
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Fucking horrible man. Fucking horrible.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Tequilla said:

Derek,

Sorry for your loss ... Finding cures for cancer should be the priority of medical research as we should never lose someone so young

Unfortunately, all these breast cancer awareness weeks, livestrongs, and other bullshit hype hasn't meant shit. I firmly believe that if the drug companies wanted a cure for cancer they would have one by now. There may have been a few improvements, but cancer rates are through the roof compared to even 20 years ago. And they're still treating cancer the same way they treated it 40 years ago....basically feeding you rat poison and making you pay for extremely expensive treatment.

Anyone who does any kind of independent study is swiftly silenced and shut down for 'practicing medicine without a license.' There has been plenty of leads that have seemed to get somewhere only to be shut down by the FDA.

Cancer is a terrible, terrible thing. But so are the big pharma companies, the FDA and the gubermint. And the fact is, whether you believe they have a hand in it or not, these organizations make more money if cancer exists than if it doesn't. And if you want to try some experimental drug that the corrupt FDA hasn't yet approved, you will be arrested and jailed. My grandpa was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and was in a really bad way from due to the Agent Orange exposure. He had to go to Mexico to get some experimental medicine even though American doctors basically told him to wait and die.

I'm sorry for your loss, Derek. And I'm sorry that we still have to deal with this horrible disease that should have been eradicated years ago.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,349 Founders Club

Beautifully written. RIP.

On a personal note, thank you Derek for starting this site and allowing us a free and unfiltered venue to live out our addiction to the Dawgs.

If Pete successfully revives the program, I will continue to urge you to write a book. Dedicating it to your sister is a great idea.

This.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,349 Founders Club

Sorry to hear Derek. Hopefully Sark brings you a smile on a sad day

Kim is crying at his desk looking for his booze.

Hi Kim! (it's in your top drawer)
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,320 Swaye's Wigwam
    My sincerest condolences to you and your family Derek. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 18 and to watch him go through his ordeal was fucking brutal.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,320 Swaye's Wigwam
    My sincerest condolences to you and your family Derek. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 18 and to watch him go through his ordeal was fucking brutal. May she eternally rest in peace
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Sorry for your loss, Derek.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I hate this. Condolences to you, Derek.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    QuornDawg said:

I read that three times looking for the punchline.