Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

That Harbaugh guy

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Harbaugh is incredible. Turning around Stanford remains his masterpiece, but it's impressive how he finds immediate success everywhere he goes.

On another note, Northwestern should never ever be ranked this high.

He is a once in a generation coach. Turning around Stanford as quick as he did was a miracle. Getting a shitty 49er team to the Superbowl in his 2nd or 3rd year was amazing too, and what he's done with Michigan is pretty incredible.

Every coach sucks compared to Harbaugh at this point.
    I wouldn't call them a shitty team. The Niners he took over are similar to UW. Shit talent for skill positions on offense other than Gore - Davis was OK - and good to great talent on defense.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Harbaugh is incredible. Turning around Stanford remains his masterpiece, but it's impressive how he finds immediate success everywhere he goes.

He is a once in a generation coach. Turning around Stanford as quick as he did was a miracle. Getting a shitty 49er team to the Superbowl in his 2nd or 3rd year was amazing too, and what he's done with Michigan is pretty incredible.

I wouldn't call them a shitty team. The Niners he took over are similar to UW.
    Great contradiction as always.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I wouldn't call them a shitty team. The Niners he took over are similar to UW.
    Great contradiction as always.
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2015

Seems to be a good hand egg coach, or at least that's what I've been hearing.

Funny thing is he's kicking ass in year one, what do our resident doogs have to say about that?

I've said it before I'll say it again: coaching matters more in college football than any other sport I'm aware of. Great coaches make their mark almost immediately and in some cases immediately . Bob stoops urban Meyer Jimmy Johnson Nick Saban and now add Jim Harbaugh to the list as if we didn't already know. Fucker can coach Michigan was a hot fucking mess a year ago and look at them now
  • Options

Seems to be a good hand egg coach, or at least that's what I've been hearing.

Funny thing is he's kicking ass in year one, what do our resident doogs have to say about that?

I've said it before I'll say it again: coaching matters more in college football than any other sport I'm aware of. Great coaches make their mark almost immediately and in some cases immediately . Bob stoops urban Meyer Jimmy Johnson Nick Saban and now add Jim Harbaugh to the list as if we didn't already know. Fucker can coach Michigan was a hot fucking mess a year ago and look at them now
    Not really sure Bob Stoops belongs on that list anymore...
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

godawgst said:

In football Harbaugh would be on the Mt. Rushmore of coaches along with Saban, Meyer, and Bellichek. I know he hasn't won a champ. yet, but man can he turn a program around in a hurry.

Why do you hate Pete Carroll?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    godawgst said:

In football Harbaugh would be on the Mt. Rushmore of coaches along with Saban, Meyer, and Bellichek. I know he hasn't won a champ. yet, but man can he turn a program around in a hurry.

I agree with the other guy. I need to see a title at either level before he goes in that monument. But I agree; he is amazing at the quick turnaround.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

True - and it's not so much that Harbaugh is awesome. Harbaugh is simply one of the few who can coach.

Slingblade, Leach, Sark, Willingham, Bielema, on and on - how the FUCK do these guys get multi-million dollar jobs? They'd last about 2.4 hours in the real world.

• Options

True - and it's not so much that Harbaugh is awesome. Harbaugh is simply one of the few who can coach.

Slingblade, Leach, Sark, Willingham, Bielema, on and on - how the FUCK do these guys get multi-million dollar jobs? They'd last about 53 seconds in the real world.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,525
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Mike Leach is a pretend lawyer. I think he'd make it in the real world.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    With Harbaugh you just need his boss to give hime some breathing room and let his personality have some space. I think the Niners admin got up in his face and shit went down.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

People forget that Mike Leach is a pretend lawyer. I think he'd make it in the real world.

As a tax lawyer.

Rainman.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Took USD to a conference title in his second year there as well. He's damn good, but as already posted, needs to win a real title before joining the Saban/Meyer club.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,859
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    great job so far, but brady joke had some top ten recruiting classes
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Doogs would say that Harbaugh had so much more talent to work with, so it's a bad comparison.

Doogs are stupid.

That is a simplistic analysis. But so is stating that great coaches win immediately no matter what.

If you followed Michigan closely over the past few years you would know that Hoke brought in a lot of talent especially on the defensive side where Mattison was a great closer but Hoke was possibly the worst head coach in the history of college football so it was all wasted. Some facts:

-Michigan's defense starts only one underclassmen- super stud Jabrill Peppers- and there are only 3 sophomores in total in the two-deeps (no freshmen.)

-Michigan's defensive two-deeps consist of two 5*, thirteen 4* and seven 3* recruits.

-Wayne Lyons was a two-year starter at Stanford. He transferred for Harbaugh and is now third string at Michigan and barely plays.

-Defense was never the problem for Hoke. Mattison was a good coordinator and his defenses were generally stingy. The problem was that the offenses were abysmal. First you had Al Borges and his antiquated ideas of SMASHMOUTH football (see a hilarious woog article from 2013: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1593602-michigan-football-how-al-borges-new-offense-will-take-nation-by-storm)

Borges was Hoke's fall guy but unlike for Sark that only bought him one more year. Hoke brought in Nussmeier for 2014 but by then it was such a dumpster fire there wasn't anything Nussmeier could do to save it.

Michigan's offense in 2015 still isn't great but marginal improvements can go along way when you have the talent on defense that they do.

All that being said- I expected Michigan to be good and have made good money betting them on the spread thus far this year but I didn't expect them to be THIS GOOD. This has the potential to be an all-time great defense. Unfortunately their schedule is awful and they don't play anyone legit until the Big Game on November 28th. I guess we will find out then what Harbaugh is worth.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

With Harbaugh you just need his boss to give hime some breathing room and let his personality have some space. I think the Niners admin got up in his face and shit went down.

If you are Jim Harbaugh's boss he will never listen to you, laugh at your ideas to your face, and literally tell you to fuck off if you ever tried to pull rank on him. You just have to deal with it.
    Hey, it's like being on here and I don't get paid shit!

FYFMFE