Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kevin King

AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
Dude is a baller at CB. Juju Non factor. Adoree low impact. Long neck's move to CB was huge.

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    D-line got to Kessler all night and that certainly helped.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    AEB said:

There was a pass late to Juju in the end zone where King had him blanketed. Clay was there to clean up if the ball was tipped. Just sick coverage. King gets up and talks shit. Super confident. Thank god it was so loud nobody could hear his boys choir voice.

Those plays were there all night by our defense ... this toughness that I'm seeing from our defense has my sweatpants in full dooging mode. So fucking great to see this out of a UW team.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    AEB said:

Dude is a baller at CB. Juju Non factor. Adoree low impact. Long neck's move to CB was huge.

Fantastic coaching job getting him ready for CB. Whether it's Kikaha playing with his hand up last year, Feeney playing Buck, or King, great coaching by the D staff.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Passion said:

AEB said:

Fantastic coaching job getting him ready for CB. Whether it's Kikaha playing with his hand up last year, Feeney playing Buck, or King, great coaching by the D staff.
    Need that same improvement on the offensive side. I swear Pete was more involved in the play calling.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Pretty sure I got WTF'ed when I posted this after game 2 or 3
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    AEB said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

Need that same improvement on the offensive side. I swear Pete was more involved in the play calling.
    I noticed that too, he had a play call sheet earlier in a drive and was talking in his headset.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

Too hard to tell against that dreck competition
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

AEB said:

There was a pass late to Juju in the end zone where King had him blanketed. Clay was there to clean up if the ball was tipped. Just sick coverage. King gets up and talks shit. Super confident. Thank god it was so loud nobody could hear his boys choir voice.

Those plays were there all night by our defense ... this toughness that I'm seeing from our defense has my sweatpants in full dooging mode. So fucking great to see this out of a UW team.
    Amazing when your dl can get pressure on the qb, along with corners that can turn and find the ball in the air how much better your defense is.

We haven't seen this from a UW defense in 20 years.

PS: I am in love with Azeem. When he comes up to hit ballcarriers, they go down right there. None of this fall forward deliver an equal blow crap we've watched from Husky defenses the last 15 years.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

King is improving game to game. He's much more physical now and closer to the LOS
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,906 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

AEB said:

Amazing when your dl can get pressure on the qb, along with corners that can turn and find the ball in the air how much better your defense is.

We haven't seen this from a UW defense in 20 years.

PS: I am in love with Azeem. When he comes up to hit ballcarriers, they go down right there. None of this Johnny Timu fall forward for a 5 yard gain deliver an equal blow crap we've watched from Husky defenses the last 15 years.
    Da' Bears cut Timu this week.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It was after the first or second game that I said King will play for the Hawks one day. He just looks so much better at corner and fits their profile physically and athletically.