Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MLB playoff preview

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Kershaw got outpitched in Game #1 but was hardly bad ... MattinglyFS took him out in a spot that he should have never been taken out of. He's routinely asked in these short series to start on short rest due to the lack of depth in the Dodgers rotation/pen. If he throws another solid game today and loses 1-0 or 2-1 then it's hard to say that he choked in those spots. His offense hasn't helped him out much in recent years either.

As I previously said, winner of the Cubs/Pirates game was going to the World Series ... they were the two best teams in the NL at the end of the year ... Mets were probably the 3rd, Cardinals 4th, and Dodgers 5th. Only saving grace for the Dodgers was Kershaw/Greinke being able to dominate series. I would expect that the Cubs win the series whether today against Lackey on short rest (Cards pen could be stretched after yesterday) or in Game 5 against Lester with a giant ??? mark on the mount for St Louis (I'd imagine Lance Lynn).

The Royals/Astros series is over unless Cueto brings the gas can to the mound with him tomorrow. The loss that the Astros had yesterday isn't one that you recover from very easily.

I've seen a lot of criticism given for Toronto bringing in Price yesterday and making him miss a Game 5 start. I disagree with that. You have to get to Game 5 before you can win it and given that Toronto's biggest weakness is the pen, having Price come in and bridge the middle innings to the end ensured the victory. What most people are missing is that Marcus Stroman is every bit as good as Price is and is a future contender for a Cy Young. Having the ability to throw Stroman in Game 5 provides the kind of cushion to allow Price to not only pitch in Game 4, but will also allow him to be positioned to be used in Game 1 of the next series should they win with Stroman then scheduled to pitch Game 3 and the all important Game 7 if needed.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I trust Stroman more than Price in a playoff game, no problem with him bringing price in yesterday.
    The Cubs are absolutely on fire and are probably the best team in baseball right now. A Jays Cubs WS would be awesome
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Jays won the series with Tulo hitting .100

If his stick comes around its game over end of discussion.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I don't think he will. He hasn't been very good since going to Toronto. That is what happens to most players that leave Colorado. He's hurt too. Their line up is great anyways.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I don't think he will. He hasn't been very good since going to Toronto. That is what happens to most players that leave Colorado. He's hurt too. Their line up is great anyways.
    Fair point about the Colorado effect as well as the injury issue ... but generally much more true for average players.

But the point that I think people are missing is that they don't need Tulo to be great to have a great lineup ... IF he gets hot like he is capable of ... and let's be honest, he's a very capable player. He's far closer to being a Larry Walker caliber player before/after being in Colorado than say Dante Bichette.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Tequilla said:

Fair point about the Colorado effect as well as the injury issue ... but generally much more true for average players.

But the point that I think people are missing is that they don't need Tulo to be great to have a great lineup ... IF he gets hot like he is capable of ... and let's be honest, he's a very capable player. He's far closer to being a Larry Walker caliber player before/after being in Colorado than say Dante Bichette.
    Lol, we got a mid-90's Rockies superiority guy right here.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    KC TOR will be a barn burner with a lot of scoring and will go at least 6.
    The Cubs should plunger the Mets in 5 or less but they are still the cubs so they'll probably lose the series