Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack. Couch. Sold.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Jack going to the NFL isn't surprising ...

The fact that he just up and left school is amusing to me ...

He didn't go there to play school.
    To me, he's just a guy that is putting all his eggs in the basket of being a professional athlete and does he have anything to fall back on after that.

To quote one of my brothers: "I'll either make it playing baseball or I'm screwed"
    I didn't realize Myles Jack was prohibited from ever taking another college class again.
    I'd be surprised if he ever got his degree
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

To quote one of my brothers: "I'll either make it playing baseball or I'm screwed"
    Sounds like one of your brothers needs to have a talk with one of your dads.
    One of my Dad's is trying to live his failed dream through his kids and endorses said behavior out of this kid. He's not a big fan of his other son that he views as a quitter for giving up on the dream.
    but neither one of your dads is driving around in a new Lexus funded by his failed sons folly either... so there's that.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

To me, he's just a guy that is putting all his eggs in the basket of being a professional athlete and does he have anything to fall back on after that.

I didn't realize Myles Jack was prohibited from ever taking another college class again.
    Does he need a degree to meet with his attorney to set up a family limited liability company?... his wealth management officer? his accountant(s)?... his Ferrari dealer?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Does he need a degree to meet with his attorney to set up a family limited liability company?... his wealth management officer? his accountant(s)?... his Ferrari dealer?
    You mean the family that will have their hands out? The buddy of his that claims to be a wealth management guru that will plunge his money into such noble investments like mobile car washing services? His accountants that will be asking him to sign power of attorney documents?

You're right, being educated doesn't matter.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Uh huh.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I hope the hawks pick him up.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,089
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He went to Bellevue OnlineHS.

He didn't go to Westwood to find a cure for cancer

He went there to fund one... if he wanted to... based on his NFL draft stock. Sounds like he won. Let him go.

Honestly, based on whats going on at Bellevue Tech and pending WIAA investigation, he might not have been eligible next year anyway.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

He went to Bellevue OnlineHS.

He didn't go to Westwood to find a cure for cancer

He went there to fund one... if he wanted to... based on his NFL draft stock. Sounds like he won. Let him go.

Honestly, based on whats going on at Bellevue Tech and pending WIAA investigation, he might not have been eligible next year anyway.
    The NCAA isn't going to retroactively make Bellevue Trucking HS graduates ineligible.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too bad Bill Gates dropped out. Kid could have been someone
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2015

Thank God he didn't come to Warshitgington. Can you imagine dealing with all these headaches?!?

He looks like a tranny, glad he didn't come here!!!1!11!!

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

I hope the hawks pick him up.

Can he play center?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    If I were him I would enjoy the world class facilities and ass my final quarter while rehabbing and travel around with the team. I mean I know we know that UCLA is going to implode, but you would think being from that locker room he'd want a chance to stick around and potentially earn a championship ring.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

If I were him I would enjoy the world class facilities and ass my final quarter while rehabbing and travel around with the team. I mean I know we know that UCLA is going to implode, but you would think being from that locker room he'd want a chance to stick around and potentially earn a championship ring.

You had me at world class ass.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Doogles said:

You had me at world class ass.
    Is this a Ruth Robbins salad tossing thread?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This statement is 100% true. You see it every draft. You can end up on a better team if you get drafted later so its not all bad but it will cost you money, Staying another year and getting hurt or sucking can cost you money too.

"My personal opinion is he's a tremendous football player and a tremendous athlete," Mora said. "I think it's risky to do this. Having been on that side, there's going to be a lot of speculation as to what he is and where he fits. And as I told Myles on Sunday, NFL teams are very, very conservative, and if there's any question whatsoever, they'll pass on you in a heartbeat. They're going to take the sure thing and I explained that to him, but I feel like they already made their decision and so, like I said, I hope it works out the best for him. But I, as a guy that spent half of my life in the NFL, I would move with great caution and I would tell that to all of our players."

You mean like Marcus Peters?