Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of my dad's opinion of WA recruiting

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,531
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Most of you seem to live in the Seattle. I am from, and still choose to live in, Camas WA. When I played for Camas, we were just okay; would make it to state and then would get plungered. But now Camas has a monopoly on the talent in the area and considers itself a pseudo-Bellevue. Pathetic, I know. However, Riley Hennessey took Camas to a title, and didn't get a sniff from the northwest pac schools. He went to Eastern and did pretty well against Oregon a few weeks ago. My dad then points to Drew Clarkson, a stud lineman for Camas who had cancer and wasn't recruited by anyone but Oregon State. He just got snaps in the Stanford game.

So one of my dads is butthurt that Camas isn't getting the "respect it deserves statewide", while I tell him that most of the state of Washington still thinks that Camas is in Oregon (makes sense by the amount of Duck and Beaver gear here) and doesn't really care about its league in general. So my main point to him is that Camas is not, and never will be, Bellevue, and that the Greater St. Helens 4a league is complete garbage so why would coaches take the time to come down here. He then made the point that Sark visited Camas one time. Jesus.

So this thread is essentially a repository for all you Seattle people to say what a garbage area SW WA is and that NOGAF about it, and that no one remembers Evergreen winning a state title 10 years ago from that league, so it's still a crap league.

Comments

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

WTF is Camas?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Isn't Evergreen in Burien? Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've already obtained everything I wanted to from this thread. Thnx
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I know Camano Island.
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 286
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015
    I'm originally from SW WA too. Mark Morris grad from Longview (Andy Mason's HS for those of you old enough to remember him). We (yes, we) played Camas regularly since we were in the same league back then, so I remember them very well. It's kind of shocking to me to see how far that program has come in 20 years.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    As in Cam-ass, Cam-az, Cammas, or diaff?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm originally from SW WA too. Mark Morris grad from Longview (Andy Mason's HS for those of you old enough to remember him). We (yes, we) played Camas regularly since we were in the same league back then, so I remember them very well. It's kind of shocking to me to see how far that program has come in 20 years.

My whole reason for making this post is that my dad thinks that UW wasn't working hard enough to find a quarterback for last year because they didn't recruit Riley Hennessey, who would have been starting as a true freshman last year. I still disagree with him, because almost every quarterback has looked good against Oregon's D this year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Most of you seem to live in the Seattle. I am from, and still choose to live in, Camas WA. When I played for Camas, we were just okay; would make it to state and then would get plungered. But now Camas has a monopoly on the talent in the area and considers itself a pseudo-Bellevue. Pathetic, I know. However, Riley Hennessey took Camas to a title, and didn't get a sniff from the northwest pac schools. He went to Eastern and did pretty well against Oregon a few weeks ago. My dad then points to Drew Clarkson, a stud lineman for Camas who had cancer and wasn't recruited by anyone but Oregon State. He just got snaps in the Stanford game.

So one of my dads is butthurt that Camas isn't getting the "respect it deserves statewide", while I tell him that most of the state of Washington still thinks that Camas is in Oregon (makes sense by the amount of Duck and Beaver gear here) and doesn't really care about its league in general. So my main point to him is that Camas is not, and never will be, Bellevue, and that the Greater St. Helens 4a league is complete garbage so why would coaches take the time to come down here. He then made the point that Sark visited Camas one time. Jesus.

So this thread is essentially a repository for all you Seattle people to say what a garbage area SW WA is and that NOGAF about it, and that no one remembers Evergreen winning a state title 10 years ago from that league, so it's still a crap league.

That's even long-winded by my standards to say that NOC
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,453
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Is Camas near the Tri-Cities? I hear they have massive roast beef around there.

No, it's in Clark county (think Vancouver).
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Go rape yourself.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We should have taken Riley Hennessey for his name alone.

"We"???
  • Options
    I thought this thread was gonna be about Ty Fotheringill.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Isn't Union decent for 3A? They are a new school that was pretty good back when I was playing. Played Bellevue in the title game i think
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Isn't Union decent for 3A? They are a new school that was pretty good back when I was playing. Played Bellevue in the title game i think

I don't follow high school like my dads, but as far as I know camas has destroyed them whenever they've played. Otherwise they're pretty good for the area.