Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The excitement of Petersen has diminished significantly.

I know. Water is wet. But listening to the pods was really depressing. I'm feeling depressed.

I see stubbornness getting in the way. The signs are there. The Chart is stubborn. The lack of change and progression on offense is stubborn. I think the stubbornness is making him delusional. He says the offense is progressing. But last week was the worst performance of his tenure as UW coach.

The pod talked about James when he made a change? When will that be for Petersen? What will it take? A boatrace? An assplunger? Will it be too late?

I hope the defense doesn't give up. They pass the eye test. They look more and more like a Husky Defense each week.. They are progressing each game. The defense at this point is acceptable. I did not expect the worst offense in the conference from Petersen.

The sizzle is gone.

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Most of us dooged up his hire. Turns out he isn't a miracle worker. Jury is still out if he is decent coach.

I gave him two years and I'm sticking by that. I'll be fucked if I'm calling for him to
    toe the 50 yard line at halftime next year but that's all the time he's got. We're tired of hearing about his bsu success.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most of us dooged up his hire. Turns out he isn't a miracle worker. Jury is still out if he is decent coach.

I gave him two years and I'm sticking by that. I'll be fucked if I'm calling for him to
    toe the 50 yard line at halftime next year but that's all the time he's got. We're tired of hearing about his bsu success.

The next three games will probably determine whether I want Petersen fired or not. I have a little doog in me though and will probably accept a new OC and dream of a decent offense to go along with the defense and special teams.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droggins said:

I know. Water is wet. But listening to the pods was really depressing. I'm feeling depressed.

I see stubbornness getting in the way. The signs are there. The Chart is stubborn. The lack of change and progression on offense is stubborn. I think the stubbornness is making him delusional. He says the offense is progressing. But last week was the worst performance of his tenure as UW coach.

The pod talked about James when he made a change? When will that be for Petersen? What will it take? A boatrace? An assplunger? Will it be too late?

I hope the defense doesn't give up. They pass the eye test. They look more and more like a Husky Defense each week.. They are progressing each game. The defense at this point is acceptable. I did not expect the worst offense in the conference from Petersen.

The sizzle is gone.

This is the best looking defense we've had here in almost TWENTY YEARS. Tough up front, linebackers (at least the two sophomores) flow to ball, hit hard, and stop ballcarriers at point of contact. Corners who can cover one vs one and be left on the island.

This will all come down to his ability to get the offense to be above average. It doesn't have to be lights out with what we have on defense, but it has to be upper 1/2 of conference.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

godawgst said:

droggins said:

The sizzle is gone.

This is the best looking defense we've had here in almost TWENTY YEARS. Tough up front, linebackers (at least the two sophomores) flow to ball, hit hard, and stop ballcarriers at point of contact. Corners who can cover one vs one and be left on the island.

This will all come down to his ability to get the offense to be above average. It doesn't have to be lights out with what we have on defense, but it has to be upper 1/2 of conference.
    Way too much wooching for my tastes...
    I didn't realize it was already psalm Sunday?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Browning should be playing for coach's job in 2017
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's see how they look tomorrow and circle back and dig down on this topic.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bye is tough.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    There are some positives going on here. Player development on defense and special teams is evident. I also like how the staff identifies talent while recruiting.

I am a firm believer in giving most coaches three years to turn the program around and with Peterson I will stick to that.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Bye is tough.
    It's the 2 year missions they send their linemen on.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In other words doesn't matter who coaches this dumpster fire of a program.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

...and if we somehow find a way to beat USC, the dooging will go right back through the roof and Petersen will be the guy again.

You must have forgotten thescript.gif.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

...and if we somehow find a way to beat USC, the dooging will go right back through the roof and Petersen will be the guy again.

I will take Pipe Dreams for $500, Alex.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I stand by my belief you give a coach three years.

By the end of year three you know what you have.

The signs are there that we know what we have in half that time ... but I will take Doog for $500 and give him the benefit he is cleaning up a mess.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Man, you just said in 4 sentences what I've been trying to sum up in 4 pages

AEB said:

I'm still in denial. How can the D and Special Teams and player development and recruiting all show obvious advances and the offense still suck as bad as it does? I'm not ready to can him; I think this is fixable. There's too much good going on for this to be happening.