Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Watching The Game Again (Dwayne Washington)

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited September 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Dwayne Washington is going to be a monster. I really wish we still had Joel Thomas because he did a great job polishing both Polk and Sankey's games. Hopefully Nansen doesn't fuck this guy up because he has the potential to be really good. Washington didn't always follow his blocks correctly or hit the right hole, but he punishes people when he runs. He is still pretty new to playing RB, I believe he was a WR in high school. As he gets more comfortable at RB, he's going to be really fucking good provided he gets coached up on the nuances of playing RB.

Comments

• He's the reason why Callier, Taylor and maybe Cooper get suddenly seniored next year.

Remember UW is RS a 4 star RB which is unheard of.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

He's the reason why Callier, Taylor and maybe Cooper get suddenly seniored next year.

Remember UW is RS a 4 star RB which is unheard of.

Yep, Taylor especially seems lost in the shuffle. It's hard to believe Cooper and Callier both coming off knee injuries are better than him, but I guess so. I saw a Sark quote about how they may redshirt guys that played last year as true freshmen. I am assuming he was talking about Hall and Taylor. I think they should move Taylor back to RB. At the least, he is a solid back up and possible third down back. I don't see how he will ever play at WR with Mickens, Ross, and Stringfellow all ahead of him.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Taylor would have been another guy I thought would have flourished in this offense.

I like Dwayne as well... really nice contrast to Sankey. I like Callier too so I was surprised to not see him play a bigger part. Still dont know about Cooper although I am rooting for him.

Taylor would have been another guy I thought would have flourished in this offense.

I like Dwayne as well... really nice contrast to Sankey. I like Callier too so I was surprised to not see him play a bigger part. Still dont know about Cooper although I am rooting for him.

Yep, great point about him being a nice contrast to Sankey. They should compliment each other well. In the second half, Washington was punishing dudes, reminiscent of Chris Polk. I love having a RB that delivers blows, and I think it helps soften up the defense for Sankey's mix of agility, vision, quicks, and deceptive power/lean.

• He'll RS both then suddenly senior them. With so SR's we are going to suddenly senior some guys.

He'll RS both then suddenly senior them. With so SR's we are going to suddenly senior some guys.

Yeah, Hall is a guy who is very likely to be gone because we can only have so many jitterbug WR's and he is the worst of the bunch. Callier won't stay if he is a 4th string guy. He's a somewhat proven back. He could go to Montana or somewhere like that and do really well. If he wants any chance at the NFL, that is what he will do. It's nice that some good players will leave for better opportunities. The skill positions on offense are looking great. Now if only we could have as good of an OL. Great OL and great skill guys: Abundance.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Don't forget we supposedly have another jitterbug coming in Rahshead Johnson. Between him, Mickens, and Ross im sure Sark will try and get cute and do triple reverses and other batshit crazy nonsense.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I hope Taylor doesn't get suddenly seniored. There is a lot of talent coming out of Arizona and we need to maintain some connections there. He was offered by ND, Stanford, UW, UA, and ASU. He was decent as a true freshman. He will be a nice depth player in the future and should equate to one less skill guy recruited.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    There was one particular play where the BSU defender made contact with Washington a good 1.5 yards behind the first down marker - and Washington just tanked him and got the first. I decided then that I am a big fan of his.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

I hope Taylor doesn't get suddenly seniored. There is a lot of talent coming out of Arizona and we need to maintain some connections there. He was offered by ND, Stanford, UW, UA, and ASU. He was decent as a true freshman. He will be a nice depth player in the future and should equate to one less skill guy recruited.

Taylor won't get "seniored," and neither will Cooper. Taylor because of his family and arizona, and Cooper because doing so would be a PR/loyalty disaster.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,311
    Gladstone said:

There was one particular play where the BSU defender made contact with Washington a good 1.5 yards behind the first down marker - and Washington just tanked him and got the first. I decided then that I am a big fan of his.

this.

and the point of contact is his hat on the other guys hat. great changeup when the defense is winded.

the up-tempo offense is pretty bad ass when coupled with a stable of angry runners looking for contact, the highlight of the game was Dwash running it down their throat for the last TD, I could get used to that.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 467 Swaye's Wigwam
    Taylor is a good back, but they played him as a bit of a slot guy, which he's not. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Taylor's running style reminds me of a couple of backs that played at FSU (that's Florida State, not Fresno) in the early/mid 90's. Shoulders low, level, and a hip swivel that's very good.

Cooper, is what he is, and is lucky to still be able to play. I wouldn't want to be him at the age of 40 though! He's going to be in a lot of pain.
    Passion said:

Taylor won't get "seniored," and neither will Cooper. Taylor because of his family and arizona, and Cooper because doing so would be a PR/loyalty disaster.
  • Passion said:

Cooper won't get suddenly seniored like the rest, instead he'll "retire" to avoid a PR/loyalty disaster.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128

Passion said:

Cooper won't get suddenly seniored like the rest, instead he'll "retire" to avoid a PR/loyalty disaster.
    Yeah I have a feeling that Cooper will play here and there this year and then "retire" at the end of the year. I hope he blows up and stays another 2 years injury-free but I doubt that happens.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Dwayne Washington is going to be a monster. I really wish we still had Joel Thomas because he did a great job polishing both Polk and Sankey's games. Hopefully Nansen doesn't fuck this guy up because he has the potential to be really good. Washington didn't always follow his blocks correctly or hit the right hole, but he punishes people when he runs. He is still pretty new to playing RB, I believe he was a WR in high school. As he gets more comfortable at RB, he's going to be really fucking good provided he gets coached up on the nuances of playing RB.

Disagree.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    Nothing on his well documented fumbling problem