Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just talked to my guy in Berkeley

2»

Comments

• kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    ArtBriles said:

Cal had two spies on the Texas QB, that's why the defense sucks.

Amateur stuff. Put a spy on the sideline and then pop off.
    Bill Belichek laughs at this. He knows the real place for spies.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635
    HuskyJW said:

I don't hate him.

I have never said anything about Budda Baker that isn't 100% true and backed up by facts. I think he is the best one pick safety in college football.

Can you name a better one?

Fact: Rating safeties simply by their number of interceptions is the fucking stupid part.

hth
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter
    kh83 said:

ArtBriles said:

Cal had two spies on the Texas QB, that's why the defense sucks.

Amateur stuff. Put a spy on the sideline and then pop off.
    Bill Belichek laughs at this. He knows the real place for spies.
    Huh?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635
    Lawyer Milloy averaged 1.3 interceptions per year as a Husky safety. If Baker's 77% as good as Milloy, then he's damn good.

But of course that's a FS way to compare them, because everyone else knows picks aren't what made Milloy great. But hey, by your rating system, Baker's 77% as good as Milloy. Yay.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,372 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Lawyer Milloy averaged 1.3 interceptions per year as a Husky safety. If Baker's 77% as good as Milloy, then he's damn good.

But of course that's a FS way to compare them, because everyone else knows picks aren't what made Milloy great. But hey, by your rating system, Baker's 77% as good as Milloy. Yay.

I never said any of that.

Don't get so mad.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

I never said any of that.

Don't get so mad.
    Buddha gets over hyped. He Probably will be good eventually but right now is not noticeable from other schools that have legit safeties. The pac12 doesn't have much to choose from and he was hyped out of high school
    So he gets the accolades.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    HuskyJW said:

droski said:

HuskyJW said:

He plays for Cal. He sucks. Never heard of him.

When he skull fucks your defense on Sat, you will probably know who he is then.

I have all the screenshots I need.
    Lawler is just like Snoop Dogg's son. Streaky, athletic, and talented. But he's also a pussy physically. If you can jam him and talk some shit he'll get frustrated. Keep in mind the Cuog receivers put up similar numbers across the board with guys regarded as less talented. A decent-good defense can frustrate Cal.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    dongman said:

Lawler is just like Snoop Dogg's son. Streaky, athletic, and talented. But he's also a pussy physically. If you can jam him and talk some shit he'll get frustrated. Keep in mind the Cuog receivers put up similar numbers across the board with guys regarded as less talented. A decent-good defense can frustrate Cal.

Lawler makes Goff look even better because he makes really acrobatic catches. I haven't seen a better WR at Cal since DeSean.

I'm sure your head coach understands the importance of a penetrating and disruptive DL in stifling the TFS; he practically wrote the BLUEPRINT last year. Many Cal fans expect that, with the departure of three UW DL in the 1st round of the NFL draft, Washington won't have that penetrating and disruptive DL that it had last year. I'm not so confident in that, probably because I think Petersen is a great coach and gameplanner.
  • droskidroski Member Posts: 106
    dongman said:

HuskyJW said:

droski said:

HuskyJW said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    droski said:

HuskyJW said:

droski said:

dongman said:

HuskyJW said:

droski said:

HuskyJW said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
    You must be the tailgaiter of cal
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Tune in....turn on....
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,193
    dongman said:

droski said:

HuskyJW said:

droski said:

dongman said:

HuskyJW said:

droski said:

HuskyJW said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
    You must be the Brents/DavidDawg of cal
    Those two still bring more to the table than this asshat.