Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Upset call of the week

Comments

• Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

Derek just went full on Doog, I love it

For further study on this phenomenon, see OSU and Auburn in the Natty and Stanford the last few years. Wittingham teams are typically lunch-pail tough and should be able to impose their will rather easily.

HTH
    See Oregon vs Utah last year....
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon isn't losing at home to Utah. I don't see Oregon State being able to beat Stanford either.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2015

I think Oregon St. knocks off Stanford

Read me out:

Stanford has one less day to prepare after an emotional road victory, with Arizona coming into town next week. Stanford's offense is complete garbage (I have a feeling 40 point nights will be the weekly Wilcox special), so if they come out flat and turn the ball over a couple times and the Beavers are able to jump out to an early lead, I could see the wheels coming off.

Wishful thinking. Hogan's injury could be a problem, but if Stanford's O-Line has finally come together, they should be able to control the line of scrimmage and win a low scoring game.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Bear defense sucks
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Oregon isn't losing at home to Arizona. I don't see Oregon State being able to beat Arizona State either.

Huh?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

Leech finds a way to Cuog it vs. Bye.

That wouldn't be an upset.
    @salemcoog disagrees.
    We'll be doing some fence building around Mt Pleasant MI, Wenatchee and Cody, WY this week.

#staytuned for some big commits.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2015

Read me out:

Stanford has one less day to prepare after an emotional road victory, with Arizona coming into town next week. Stanford's offense is complete garbage (I have a feeling 40 point nights will be the weekly Wilcox special), so if they come out flat and turn the ball over a couple times and the Beavers are able to jump out to an early lead, I could see the wheels coming off.

Wishful thinking. Hogan's injury could be a problem, but if Stanford's O-Line has finally come together, they should be able to control the line of scrimmage and win a low scoring game.
    https://youtu.be/g_9aN8j2QmU

It's not wishful thinking. After this video aired, I root against Oregon State no matter who they're playing. I enjoy every Beaver loss like it's an Oregon win, and it brings me joy to drive through Corvallis and witness their loser mentality first hand. I will be rooting for Stanford, but unfortunately I'm predicting a Beaver win.

I realize this makes me a quook. But seeing every last bit of hope drained from Boov faces with their realization of another horrid season on the horizon, brings great joy to my life.

I usually root against Washington, because I love seeing reaction on this board, but when OSU and UW square off, I'm always rooting for UW. The 2013 game was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Oregon isn't losing at home to Utah. I don't see Oregon State being able to beat Stanford either.

Profile in courage.
  • Options

Read me out:

It's not wishful thinking. After this video aired, I root against Oregon State no matter who they're playing. I enjoy every Beaver loss like it's an Oregon win, and it brings me joy to drive through Corvallis and witness their loser mentality first hand. I will be rooting for Stanford, but unfortunately I'm predicting a Beaver win.

I realize this makes me a quook. But seeing every last bit of hope drained from Boov faces with their realization of another horrid season on the horizon, brings great joy to my life.

I usually root against Washington, because I love seeing reaction on this board, but when OSU and UW square off, I'm always rooting for UW. The 2013 game was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen.
    Only a quook would care about what a bunch of Boovs think.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Read me out:

Already addressed that
  • Options

Read me out:

Already addressed that
    Guess how much of your post I read.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2015
    pawz said:

Derek just went full on Doog, I love it

Not the case.

The quooks historically don't play well vs teams that will smack them in the mouth and jam cocks down their throat. For further study on this phenomenon, see OSU and Auburn in the Natty and Stanford the last few years. Wittingham teams are typically lunch-pail tough and should be able to impose their will rather easily.

HTH
    How many teams really do? And the problem with those examples is that all those teams were really fucking good. It's not exactly a formula.

I can also remember Oregon going down to the Farm and embarrassing the Trees with Andrew Luck and their real coach.

Depends on the Oregon team and the "physical" team they're playing. Freeman and their offense will score. Just depends on whether they're playing a physical team that's competent enough to REALY take advantage of Oregon's weaknesses.

OSU and Auburn aren't great examples. They'll kick the crap out of a lot of teams.

Maybe but it's far from a safe bet as applied to Utah.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Read me out:

Washington State has a scholarship offer for you if you wanna get another degree because they think you'd fit in with their culture over there.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Recording your "rival" losing on TV, on your phone is always special.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Read me out:

Washington State has a scholarship offer for you if you wanna get another degree because they think you'd fit in with their culture over there.
    Unfortunately, due to Washingtins's on-going obsession with all things Zero, those of us with degrees from UW have been awarded our own compliment certificate in Cewg culture.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Read me out:

Very confusing. You root against Oregon State because their fans cheered Stanford beating Oregon, but you predicted Oregon State would win a game against the same opponent, and in this case, Stanford has a much better team than Oregon State.

Normally I disagree with this board in describing Duck fans as quooks. The ones I know are much better described as dooks, duck Pollyannas with a better understanding of football uniforms than actual football, but your logic on this one can only be described as pure quook, which is not consistent with most of your posting, so I'm back to thinking it was wishful thinking.

If Stanford stays healthy and continues to find it's running game mojo, they will win the North and I think you know that. The wild cards are Hogan and Shaw as others have mentioned here, but the same could be said of other teams in the division including Oregon with Helfrich and VAJ.

In closing this tl;dr poast, I think Hogan said FO, G, but Der Glove was right about Collins, he looks like he's going to be a good one.
  • Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Read me out:

Classic letdown/look ahead spot.

I like it.
    Lol
  • Options

Read me out:

Very confusing. You root against Oregon State because their fans cheered Stanford beating Oregon, but you predicted Oregon State would win a game against the same opponent, and in this case, Stanford has a much better team than Oregon State.

Normally I disagree with this board in describing Duck fans as quooks. The ones I know are much better described as dooks, duck Pollyannas with a better understanding of football uniforms than actual football, but your logic on this one can only be described as pure quook, which is not consistent with most of your posting, so I'm back to thinking it was wishful thinking.

If Stanford stays healthy and continues to find it's running game mojo, they will win the North and I think you know that. The wild cards are Hogan and Shaw as others have mentioned here, but the same could be said of other teams in the division including Oregon with Helfrich and VAJ.

In closing this tl;dr poast, I think Hogan said FO, G, but Der Glove was right about Collins, he looks like he's going to be a good one.
    Huh? That was a lot of fucking analysis for a furd-osu game. You sure you're not a troog trying to make huskies look bad?

Atta boy for predicting that the team which lost to northwestern will win the north based on the current sample size.
  • Options

Read me out:

Classic letdown/look ahead spot.

I like it.
    Lol
    I forgot how pathetic Oregon State's defense was.