Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

new Sagarin rankings are out... lol

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited September 2015 in College Football Forum
Composite of all teams. (pre-flagged for posting a fucked-up meaningless nerd model)

It appears we compete in the Pac-7 conference.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Muttzen said:

Wtf, USC still at 6? Does Yogi Roth run this model?

I've always suspected Sagarin and SRS overvalue blowouts in scrimmages. Probably the case here, only other explanation is TBS rankings are an input.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Muttzen said:

I've always suspected Sagarin and SRS overvalue blowouts in scrimmages. Probably the case here, only other explanation is TBS rankings are an input.
    The talent at SC is ridiculous. I'm going to need your Broons to choke to Sark this season. That program needs at least one more year of his damage. It would really suck to see a double canning of Sark and Haden and have some competent asshole come in and make a good hire.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sagarin keeps prior year data in the model at a decreasing rate until around week 6. That's why under the BCS model with computers, they wouldn't announce rankings until that point.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Doogles said:

Muttzen said:

The talent at SC is ridiculous. I'm going to need your Broons to choke to Sark this season. That program needs at least one more year of his damage. It would really suck to see a double canning of Sark and Haden and have some competent asshole come in and make a good hire.
    My guess right now is SC is 8-3 entering that game and UCLA is 9-2. Winner takes the loaded south.

8-4 with a loss to UCLA and Sark could be done, or fired at any moment in 2016.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Muttzen said:

My guess right now is SC is 8-3 entering that game and UCLA is 9-2. Winner takes the loaded south.

8-4 with a loss to UCLA and Sark could be done, or fired at any moment in 2016.
    A lot riding on the ASU game for SC. A potential 4 game skid awaits with a loss there, especially if UW handles Cal. A confident two weeks prepped Petersen Husky team beats a Sark team with the wheels falling off.

A victory straightens the ship, they probably beat UW like they should, and then have confidence going into a game against an overrated ND they crushed last year.
  • Options
    dnc said:

In defense of Sagarin ratings, they aren't designed to mean shit after 3 games. Objective measures require data, and with most everyone having beaten up on a couple cupcakes there's just nowhere near enough relevant data to matter at this point. Computer rankings don't matter until early November.

All that said, Southern Cal is still TOO HIGH!

so... when we see more data... Where will Colorado, Washington State and Oregon State end up do you suppose?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,368
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So UW and OU are both 2-1. Might be the latest in the year we've been tied since 1999.

So we have that going for us which is nice
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444

So UW and OU are both 2-1. Might be the latest in the year we've been tied since 1999.

We were both 5-1 when we played each other in Eugene last year
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Really? We were 5-1?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444

Really? We were 5-1?
    Hawaii, Eastern, Illinois, Georgia State and Cal. One loss was Stanford with Peterman's fake punt.

Oregon beat South Dakota, Michigan State, Wyoming, Wazzu and UCLA. One loss was to Arizona.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's good to have a minion again
  • Options
    In the off season we were always undefeated going into the Oregon game with Sark
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Race so quickly forgets 2000
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Race so quickly forgets 2000
    That I did not forget. Oregon gave us our first loss. I was there at unremodeled Autzen Arena
  • Options
    (race forgets alot of things. most of us just smile and nod)
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

UW was 0-1 at that point last year.

The five scrimmages don't count.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Muttzen said:

Sagarin does, SRS does not. The maximum for blowouts in SRS is 24 or 28 points.