Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did J. Smith forget Daniels was on the team?

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited September 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
This guy is a match up nightmare in the right position. Just like D. Washington matched up against a Linebacker in single man coverage on third down, these two guys can be great players this year put in the right position. I wish Pete and Smith would stop trying to make players fit their Drek system on offense and mold the offense to the talent they have.
Gaskin is clearly a better option in between the tackles and D. Washington a better 3rd down option. And fuck you idiots who said he can't catch. Gaskin only needs 3-4 yards to keep the defense honest. Keep throwing to Daniels over the middle and back shoulder throws to him. Keep running slant passes to Lenius and quick outs to Pettis.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Route combinations ... they were there today
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    dnc said:

Gotta admit Washington's progress as a pass catcher has been really impressive this year.

Truth.
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    Third down or a passing down only, smiff has to know the rb going in or him and Coach B can sell their couch too.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

dnc said:

Gotta admit Washington's progress as a pass catcher has been really impressive this year. His hands were awful last year.

If he keeps this up he really could have a career at the next level. He's a real weapon out of the backfield right now.

This. What does that asshole @Dennis_DeYoung have to say now? Oh wait, D Wash still blows dick as a RB, so I guess he's still right.
    Bingo, gringo.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Gotta admit Washington's progress as a pass catcher has been really impressive this year. His hands were awful last year.

If he keeps this up he really could have a career at the next level. He's a real weapon out of the backfield right now.

This. What does that asshole @Dennis_DeYoung have to say now? Oh wait, D Wash still blows dick as a RB, so I guess he's still right.
    Our o-line still can't run block though. If Warshington has a lane, he can hit a home run at any time.

He just can't make guys miss or break tackles, which is weird because he looks like he should.
    Agree. I can't wait until he gets picked up by the Hawks as a UDFA, they find out he can't see, then he gets Lasik surgery and goes to the probe owl. That'll be a cool day to be a 12, man.
    Him and J Kearse will let me WOOF and SCREEEEECH in quick succession
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,926 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Our o-line still can't run block though. If Warshington has a lane, he can hit a home run at any time.

He just can't make guys miss or break tackles, which is weird because he looks like he should.
    Agree. I can't wait until he gets picked up by the Hawks as a UDFA, they find out he can't see, then he gets Lasik surgery and goes to the probe owl. That'll be a cool day to be a 12, man.
    But who's going to beer you while you do it?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

But who's going to beer you while you do it?
    Mom doesn't allow beer in her household, so I will have to Mountain Dew myself, unfortunately
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379

dnc said:

Bingo, gringo.
    Free pub for GuadalajaraGringo
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

dnc said:

Right, because the 12's evaluate talent for the Hawks, and Schneider and Caroll have been terrible at evaluating talent.

*Christ*
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

We already knew it, but Washington has no wiggle at all. There was a screen today, and the OL did fuck up and miss a block, but any back worth a shit easily avoids the one guy in play to make a tackle. Dwayne Washington ran straight into the defender and fell down.

I laughed really hard at that play.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    Is there a chance that maybe Seven didn't know what he was doing moving DW to running back? A RB who has no vision, below average elusiveness, below average tackle breaking ability, but a good pass catcher with excellent straight line speed... Sounds like a receiver to me.

But how was Sark a bad coach? How many other players' careers did he fuck up?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Is there a chance that maybe Seven didn't know what he was doing moving DW to running back? A RB who has no vision, below average elusiveness, below average tackle breaking ability, but a good pass catcher with excellent straight line speed... Sounds like a receiver to me.

But how was Sark a bad coach? How many other players' careers did he fuck up?

Let's be honest. Chris Polk was used as a receiver much better than D. Washington has been used to date, and I am positive D. Washington is a better receiver than Polk was and Polk was pretty fucking good in isolations against LBs. For Pete and Smith not to realize this makes me wonder if we have the right coach. There is no excuse for the offense to be this anemic. The fucking youth excuse is getting old. There's enough talent on this team for them to put up decent acceptable numbers.