Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Dawgman Isn't Relevant Anymore

Technology.

Times have changed.

Back when kids committed to a coach and social engineering was the only way to find out in the fastest time possible the latest recruiting news... is kaput. Kids today announce on Twitter, which everyone has access to, and kids today put their own recruiting highlight videos up on Hudle and/or YouTube, which again everyone has access to.

So, what exactly are people paying subscriptions to Dawgman for? The privilege to read some random guys opinion on rumors regarding teenage boys who change their minds almost as much as teenage girls?

Come on, man.

I don't need to find out a kid committed an hour before he blasts it out to the universe on Twitter. If I feel the need to talk recruiting at all, I am perfectly fine discussing recruiting here on Hardcore Husky an hour after the fact, and without the drama of entitled douchebags controlling the flow of conversation.

Dawgman is like the DVD. Yeah, it's still around but it's days are numbered and they know it.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Started a new post for my rebuttal
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    But what about super secret recruits like Eddie Vanderdose or Tyner????????
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Sark knew they would have season ending injuries by the time playing time was available and took a pass. Things change, it gets craazy.
    Is this the sort of info I get in chat only?
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The only fucking reason I know about Doogman and Fatters and Kim is because of people like you who talk about them.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2015
    Censorship killed Dawgman and Eklund's condescending tone
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Sark knew they would have season ending injuries by the time playing time was available and took a pass. Things change, it gets craazy.
    Is this the sort of info I get in chat only?
    What is said in chat, stays in chat.

No warnings, just gone.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Porter's 5 Forces? That's some dark shit man, I'm not sure I want to continue poasting here anymore
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Technology.

Times have changed.

Back when kids committed to a coach and social engineering was the only way to find out in the fastest time possible the latest recruiting news... is kaput. Kids today announce on Twitter, which everyone has access to, and kids today put their own recruiting highlight videos up on Hudle and/or YouTube, which again everyone has access to.

So, what exactly are people paying subscriptions to Dawgman for? The privilege to read some random guys opinion on rumors regarding teenage boys who change their minds almost as much as teenage girls?

Come on, man.

I don't need to find out a kid committed an hour before after he blasts it out to the universe on Twitter. If I feel the need to talk recruiting at all, I am perfectly fine discussing recruiting here on Hardcore Husky an hour after the fact, and without the drama of entitled douchebags controlling the flow of conversation.

Dawgman is like the DVD. Yeah, it's still around but it's days are numbered and they know it.

FTFY
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Half the time the info is here first anyways. Especially if it requires any sort of reading between the lines.

beyond the headline.

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The discounts I get on appliances at Sears more than covers the yearly subscription cost.