Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Gilchrist or the Texas wr on campus is my guess. #premptiveFUDGEuBoobie
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    It's Gilchrist, per my sources.
  • Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

My tree guy in GDL is from Texas and gave me the tip, either way interesting. I prefer Gilchrist

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Gilchrist, Oregon
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gilchrist
    Unincorporated community
    Gilchrist Mall clock tower
    Gilchrist Mall clock tower
    Gilchrist is located in Oregon GilchristGilchrist
    Location within the state of Oregon
    Coordinates: 43°28′34″N 121°41′18″WCoordinates: 43°28′34″N 121°41′18″W
    Country United States
    State Oregon
    County Klamath
    Time zone Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)
    • Summer (DST) PDT (UTC-7)
    GNIS feature ID 1142728[1]
    Gilchrist /ˈɡɪlkrɪst/ is an unincorporated community in Klamath County, Oregon, United States on U.S. Route 97 between Bend and Klamath Falls.

Contents [hide]
    1 History
    2 Climate
    3 References
    4 External links
    History[edit]
    Gilchrist was the last lumber company town in Oregon.[2] The town was founded in 1938 by the family-owned Gilchrist Timber Company, with Frank and Mary Gilchrist as the owners and town founders.[2] The mill moved there from Jasper County, Mississippi, in search of lumber and lower taxes, building a dam on the Little Deschutes River to create the mill pond.[2] In 1939, Gilchrist School was built by the Public Works Administration.[2]

The company was sold to Crown Pacific Partners in 1991, which subsequently fired all its employees.[2] The 120 homes and other facilities in the town were subsequently sold to residents and others in 1997, with Crown Pacific retaining the sawmill and timberland.[2] Prior to this sale, all houses in the town were painted in Gilchrist brown (with the exception of a small area on the north end of town called Rainbow Circle by its residents).[2] The timberland and the town's sawmill, upgraded to handle smaller logs in 2000, were among the last remaining assets of Crown Pacific, which declared bankruptcy in 2003 and was taken over by creditors at the end of 2004, and again bought by Canadian company Interfor Pacific in 2006.[3] As of 2009, the kindergarten through twelfth grade school had an enrollment of 238 students.[2]

Climate[edit]
    This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Gilchrist has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.[4]

References[edit]
    Jump up ^ "Gilchrist, Oregon". GNIS.
    ^ Jump up to: a b c d e f g h Mortenson, Eric (May 24, 2009). "Mill town Gilchrist pines for resort". The Oregonian.
    Jump up ^ John S. Garner. The Company Town: Architecture and Society in the Early Industrial Age. Oxford University Press. p. 198. ISBN 0-19-507027-5.
    Jump up ^ Climate Summary for Gilchrist, Oregon
    External links[edit]
    www.gilchristoregon.com, sponsored community website for Gilchrist, Chemult and Crescent Lake.
    Roth, Leland. "Gilchrist, Oregon". The Oregon Encyclopedia.
    Vehemently disagree
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Like clockwork, this comes days after Eklund said Gilchrist would take all his visits before committing.

Was Just Thinking this. It never fails.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Good, not great. DDY 2. However, Pete's recruits are all pretty impressive. Except Dotson (DDY 1) and Pounds who looked like a bitch today.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Good, not great. DDY 2. However, Pete's recruits are all pretty impressive. Except Dotson (DDY 1) and Pounds who looked like a bitch today.

I was pretty upset with #MyPounds today.... But #MyBBK came to play!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,542
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did he fire Smith yet?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

2018 will be special.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Where is the beef?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

$10.95/mo gold.

Oh, and Browning needs to redshirt.

If you can't see that Pete is giving Browning practice and he still has time to redshirt, then I can't help you
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2015
    I think Dotson will end up being pretty good. He has very good speed but is coming off a late a fall ball injury (he missed the last open scrimmage and the BSU game) so he should look better the next time he gets some carries.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I think Dotson will end up being pretty good. He has very good speed but is coming off a late a fall ball injury (he missed the last open scrimmage and the BSU game) so he should look better the next time he gets some carries.

I dout Dotson ever does anything significant at UW. McGrew is a better player and is maybe even faster and Gaskin is already much better. If Wellington plays RB, Dotson is selling the couch unless he really wants a UW degree.