Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Position Grades

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

QB = Keith Price look mobile and confident. It was really impressive to see him come right back out after the INT and go 7-8 on their 1st long TD drive. You can tell he likes getting into a rhythm with the fast paced offense. Only bad news was that he appeared to be limping after a play in the mid 4th qtr. GRADE = A

RB = Sankey is so good at finding the hole and hitting it hard. The thing that still amazing me for a RB his size is how hard it is to bring him down. Sark needs to continue to feed him 25+ carries per game. Dwayne Washington looked really quick and I love how he ran hard after contact. Grade = A+

WR = It actually nice to look at the box score and see the reception totals spread out. Mickens, Smith and Ross all looked very dangerous with the ball in their hands. The best performance by this group had to be the blocking, either on the bubble screens or in the run game. This is one of the reasons Oregon hits you with so many big plays is their WR group is so good at taking out their defender. Grade = A+

TE = Nice to see Perkins get a TD, but we did not see much else from the group due to our formations. Grade = Incomplete

Oline = we knew they could run block based on Sankey's performances last year, but could they give Price time to throw? I know it had a lot to do with the quick passing game, but it is still impressive to only giving up the 1 sack, which I think is on Sark for not calling a timeout the play before. Riva needs to clean up his game, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but I only remember 1 holding call. Grade = A

Dline = this group played terrible. I am still not sure how we held them to 6 pts without even getting a sniff of the QB. Outside of Hau'oli, no one could get off their blocks. WTF happened to Shirley & Hudson? In the Vegas bowl they were causing havoc in the ball field on several occasions. Littleton just looks over matched when their OT would get hands on him. Even Shelton was getting pushed around on the inside. Shocker alert....we have no depth on the inside of the line. Grade = F

LB = I was really disappointed in this group. They did make a lot of tackles, but very few negative plays. Maybe it the fact is coming back from the surgery, but Feeney was not flying around the field like last year. I think the group combined for 1 TFL. You would think with all the sweeps plays, someone could shoot through the gap on occasion. I just felt like they did just enough to have a solid game. Grade = B

DB = I gotta admit I was a little scared having Ducre and Shamburger out their full time. Of all the players last night I think these 2 exceeded expectations. Peters looks the part of a #1 CB, but man he plays aggressive. It will be interesting to see how he does against some of the top WRs in the conference. Parker has another solid night. Grade = A

S/T = Did I actually see a K get 2 TBs? And the coverage units looks halfway decent. Return game did not get many opportunities, but I think we may see our TD drought come to an end. Grade = B+

Full blown doog.

Your retardo logic of how you were critical of Sark makes a nice appearance here. Look, Irish said the d line was bad, he's so objective. Those are doog grades on the offensive line and Price. Look, Irish said he was disappointed in the linebackers, he's so objective. Then gives a B grade.

Your worst post yet.
    I'm with you on some of this but I don't see an A as way out of line for Price. He blew his first pass and missed Ross deep, but other than he was borderline flawless. He avoided the rush well, put the ball where his receivers could not only catch it but run with it afterwards, and generally made fantastic decisions. I'd probably give him an A- for the pick and the overthrow, but I don't think an A is indefensible at all, and I was a major Price critic last year and throughout the offseason. I'm not convinced he's back, but I loved what I saw from him. What would you give him?
    B. I like Price. I watched every game in 2011 and only 3 last year so my impression of him is still pretty good. He just wasn't asked to do very much against Boise. He had a few nice throws, a couple bad ones and a bunch of screen passes. I'm not going to be the guy that drafts Tim Couch number 1 overall.

Level of competition factors into my grade also. We don't know how good Boise will end up being. We know they're well coached but we also know they have less talent.

I didn't see enough from Price that I thought resembled the kind of quarterback play that it takes to beat great teams. And I think that's what an A grade should be.
    I don't really have any issue with this. I guess for me it's tough to grade on the curve when we don't know how to set the curve.

It might have just been Boise, but he played about as well as you could ask him to play Saturday. To me, that's around an A-.

• dnc said:

dnc said:

QB = Keith Price look mobile and confident. It was really impressive to see him come right back out after the INT and go 7-8 on their 1st long TD drive. You can tell he likes getting into a rhythm with the fast paced offense. Only bad news was that he appeared to be limping after a play in the mid 4th qtr. GRADE = A

RB = Sankey is so good at finding the hole and hitting it hard. The thing that still amazing me for a RB his size is how hard it is to bring him down. Sark needs to continue to feed him 25+ carries per game. Dwayne Washington looked really quick and I love how he ran hard after contact. Grade = A+

WR = It actually nice to look at the box score and see the reception totals spread out. Mickens, Smith and Ross all looked very dangerous with the ball in their hands. The best performance by this group had to be the blocking, either on the bubble screens or in the run game. This is one of the reasons Oregon hits you with so many big plays is their WR group is so good at taking out their defender. Grade = A+

TE = Nice to see Perkins get a TD, but we did not see much else from the group due to our formations. Grade = Incomplete

Oline = we knew they could run block based on Sankey's performances last year, but could they give Price time to throw? I know it had a lot to do with the quick passing game, but it is still impressive to only giving up the 1 sack, which I think is on Sark for not calling a timeout the play before. Riva needs to clean up his game, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but I only remember 1 holding call. Grade = A

Dline = this group played terrible. I am still not sure how we held them to 6 pts without even getting a sniff of the QB. Outside of Hau'oli, no one could get off their blocks. WTF happened to Shirley & Hudson? In the Vegas bowl they were causing havoc in the ball field on several occasions. Littleton just looks over matched when their OT would get hands on him. Even Shelton was getting pushed around on the inside. Shocker alert....we have no depth on the inside of the line. Grade = F

LB = I was really disappointed in this group. They did make a lot of tackles, but very few negative plays. Maybe it the fact is coming back from the surgery, but Feeney was not flying around the field like last year. I think the group combined for 1 TFL. You would think with all the sweeps plays, someone could shoot through the gap on occasion. I just felt like they did just enough to have a solid game. Grade = B

DB = I gotta admit I was a little scared having Ducre and Shamburger out their full time. Of all the players last night I think these 2 exceeded expectations. Peters looks the part of a #1 CB, but man he plays aggressive. It will be interesting to see how he does against some of the top WRs in the conference. Parker has another solid night. Grade = A

S/T = Did I actually see a K get 2 TBs? And the coverage units looks halfway decent. Return game did not get many opportunities, but I think we may see our TD drought come to an end. Grade = B+

Full blown doog.

Your retardo logic of how you were critical of Sark makes a nice appearance here. Look, Irish said the d line was bad, he's so objective. Those are doog grades on the offensive line and Price. Look, Irish said he was disappointed in the linebackers, he's so objective. Then gives a B grade.

Your worst post yet.
    I'm with you on some of this but I don't see an A as way out of line for Price. He blew his first pass and missed Ross deep, but other than he was borderline flawless. He avoided the rush well, put the ball where his receivers could not only catch it but run with it afterwards, and generally made fantastic decisions. I'd probably give him an A- for the pick and the overthrow, but I don't think an A is indefensible at all, and I was a major Price critic last year and throughout the offseason. I'm not convinced he's back, but I loved what I saw from him. What would you give him?
    Price has never been the problem. HTH.
    He's never been THE problem but he was pretty damn bad the second half of last season. It got to the point where even when he had time he couldn't find open receivers. Thankfully, that's not the Price we saw yesterday.

Honk 'em

His confidence had appeared shot although his two best games of the year were against Utah and Colorado which was our 9th and 10th games of the year.

He was asked to do so much due to the injuries, his WR's sucked, his OL was beyond fucking terrible, his head coach was throwing him under the bus, the media was all over his ass.

Not excusing his poor play but I think it finally all got to him. I'm glad he bounced back after that first pick he threw to kill all "bench his ass!" talk.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Full blown doog.

Your worst post yet.
    Price has never been the problem. HTH.
    He's never been THE problem but he was pretty damn bad the second half of last season. It got to the point where even when he had time he couldn't find open receivers. Thankfully, that's not the Price we saw yesterday.

Honk 'em

Price wasn't the one playing 0-line like a New Orleans levy.

His dipshit HC needed 5 years to figure out an offense that works with our o-line. Must have been trust issues.

And Jaydon "Jordan Polk part deux" Mickens just learned how to catch the ball...must have worked harder than ever this off-season.