Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dumb

but i really hope they keep him around. dude played on a torn mcl in the super bowl, his glory stripped away by bevellFS and carrollFS. pay the man. i don't care what negative precedent it sets. win now.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doubt they move him between now and the offseason ... but I'd be shocked if Kam is with the franchise at the start of next season.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

dumb

but i really hope they keep him around. dude played on a torn mcl in the super bowl, his glory stripped away by bevellFS and carrollFS. pay the man. i don't care what negative precedent it sets. win now.

I trust the front office. As good as Kam is, he's just a player. If we ranked the most important players on the defense, he would rank 4th-6th. I think not giving in is wise. Sherman and Thomas are still in the secondary.

Maybe they are worried if Kam's health will hold up too. It's part of the NFL. They have to make tough decisions.
    this is a great post.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

dumb

I trust the front office. As good as Kam is, he's just a player. If we ranked the most important players on the defense, he would rank 4th-6th. I think not giving in is wise. Sherman and Thomas are still in the secondary.

Maybe they are worried if Kam's health will hold up too. It's part of the NFL. They have to make tough decisions.
    The front office still pays Darrell Bevell.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

dumb

The front office still pays Darrell Bevell.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

dumb

I guess this begs the question.

Does the player make Carroll, or has Carroll made the players.

Carroll has a history of making stupid fucking calls. He also has a history of winning.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kam is my favorite seahawks but, Pete Carroll won a superbowl. I can always get a new avatar, imo
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The front office can't give in. If they give in, 15 guys try to pull the same tactic over the next few years.

I like Kam and I get the logic since NFL players have way less security than other sports, but he's a .1 percenter. Cry me a river dude. It sounds like they're even trying to give him really easy incentive pay too.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The front office can't give in. If they give in, 15 guys try to pull the same tactic over the next few years.

I like Kam and I get the logic since NFL players have way less security than other sports, but he's a .1 percenter. Cry me a river dude. It sounds like they're even trying to give him really easy incentive pay too.

Superbowl window is now and who knows when/if it ever opens again.

Pay him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Superbowl window is now and who knows when/if it ever opens again.

Pay him.
    You are also assuming that he's going to sit out all season. That's very unlikely. He needs to play by some point in order to gain the year for his pension and time accrued. He's losing $267,000 every game he misses. That money won't be easy to make up.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If he was making $1 million a year I could at least empathize, given that he's entering his prime earning years. But he's making $7 million a year. I would like to think that if I was him I would feel gratitude to be in that position and excited to be a part of this special time in Seahawks history.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

If he was making $1 million a year I could at least empathize, given that he's entering his prime earning years. But he's making $7 million a year. I would like to think that if I was him I would feel gratitude to be in that position and excited to be a part of this special time in Seahawks history.

5th rounder ...

Not many drafted in his position make this type of money.
  • Options
    He will be back this year simply because he wants to get the year off of his contract. He gains NOTHING by sitting out the year. Only person he hurts is himself.

I still would be shocked if he misses more than 1-2 games. Quarter million per game is tough to rationalize to make your point ... point is already made (by both sides).

Hawks aren't going to give him too much more than enough to make it easier for him to get back with the team for THIS year. He's playing elsewhere in 2016.

These are the types of tough decisions high end franchises have to make. Schneider is one of the best in the business. No question that he believes in the theory of selling on a guy one year early than one year too late.

And if you are a Hawks player and don't realize that the guy getting paid is the QB and the rest of the roster is going to get fair market level contracts, the chance to win Super Bowls, and as a byproduct will make a decent amount of endorsement $$$ by being a member of a championship team, then you are FS and probably do deserve to be door.ass.out.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

"You can't flag a moderator's post, even when he goes full Democratic derp about how much people make."
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Who gets endorsement $ on the Seahawks? HOw many non-qb's get it in the NFL?

Schenider's philosophy of "Keeping with the plan and not winning the Super Bowl is better than tweaking the plan and winning the Super Bowl" sounds bold in August, but not sure how it will play in January.

• Options

Who gets endorsement $ on the Seahawks? HOw many non-qb's get it in the NFL?

Schenider's philosophy of "Keeping with the plan and not winning the Super Bowl is better than tweaking the plan and winning the Super Bowl" sounds bold in August, but not sure how it will play in January.

Seems like you see plenty of Hawks players on advertising spots. Sherman and Lynch the most mainstream. But you even see guys like Kearse in spots. I would think Earl Thomas would have no problem with ad spots if he had the interest.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Thomas does a print ad for some car dealer.

Marshawn does Beacon Plumbing.

I think Sherman does some mortgage or car dealer.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thomas does a print ad for some car dealer.

Marshawn does Beacon Plumbing.

I think Sherman does some mortgage or car dealer.

Sherman and Marshawn are in a ton of national stuff.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Does the agent lose 3% of every paycheck before getting fired?