Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Run/Pass Breakdown

31 passes, 54 runs....a few of the Price runs were called passes.

This is exactly the type of breakdown you need to see to be successful at the up-tempo offense.

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My only concern with the run game is we never saw a true short yardage package. I think you can get away with that against Boise St and their young LBs, but against Oregon, ASU or Stanford, I hope we still have a BIG formation in the playbook.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wooching must be wondering why the fuck he came to UW. When he was recruited, Sark told him he would be used like Stanley Havalli, now we don't even use a fullback.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wooching must be wondering why the fuck he came to UW. When he was recruited, Sark told him he would be used like Stanley Havalli, now we don't even use a fullback.

One could include elements of a receiving full back in this offense. In fact I would contend that the receiving aspect is key. But yeah, Wooching must be trying to figure out where he fits into this...

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,574
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    How many 6'3" fullbacks have their been. There must be something in store for wooching?
    Secret weapon?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mad_Son said:

One could include elements of a receiving full back in this offense. In fact I would contend that the receiving aspect is key. But yeah, Wooching must be trying to figure out where he fits into this...

I'm hoping we still have an I formation package for short yardage, he would be important for that, but otherwise, he has no role.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    he may end up on the d-line
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    If wootang is a true 2 star diamond in the ruff he will find a way onto the field.
  • Options

He's going to be one of many guys who is suddenly senior'd once again this offseason.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

he may end up on the d-line

Not a bad idea to move him to DE or LB for some depth if we aren't going to use him on offense. I'm sure he is playing special teams, but I'm not sure of he got even one snap on offense. Maybe he moves to more of an h back role when ASJ leaves?

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Owen Schmidt was used a ton as a fullback at wvu Ina similar offense. Although I think they threw it less.

I saw him come in with miles at the end but our short yardage looked awful on the 4th down early in the game but its a small sample size.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Owen Schmidt was used a ton as a fullback at wvu Ina similar offense. Although I think they threw it less.

I saw him come in with miles at the end but our short yardage looked awful on the 4th down early in the game but its a small sample size.

I was watching Oklahoma State and they used a fullback as well. Maybe in our pistol packages there is some use for a fullback. I don't recall ever seeing Oregon use one, and that seems to be the offense we have copied.

• Options
    nihilistdawgnihilistdawg Member Posts: 226
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Woo-ching clan ain't nuthin ta fuck wit.