Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official UW vs. Boise St Game Thread

Options

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlices
    PostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,826 Founders Club
    Options
    jecornel said:

Coach Pete was a terrible hire

I have all the screen shots I need
  • dnc
    dnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Options

Is Browning @RavennaDawg 's son?

Who's the other dad?
  • Miley_Cyrus
    Miley_Cyrus Member Posts: 797
    Options
    BRB while I throw myself off the Montlake bridge
  • 90sHuskyFan
    90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Options
    Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly would be less painful than watching the first half was.
  • EsophagealFeces
    EsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,545 Founders Club
    Options

And no more washington. Just let Gaskin run. I am sick of watching him get 2 yards on every play.

Gaskin is getting 1.25 yards on every play, so that's not a great idea.
    Yeah but one of those was when the center hiked the ball early and they lost 5 yards
    Good poont, I forgot about that. WTF retracted.
  • Doogles
    Doogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,484 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

The defense is doing a little worse than I expected, but it is not that bad. I was surprised how big their OL looks compared to our players. Yes it's bend but don't break shit, well at the end of the day that took us to 16-0 with no offense to take time off.

The offense. A disappointement. Very predictable play calling (predictable for former Boise guys at least) which leads to defenders in our back field before we even do anything. I don't know if Boise is supposed to have a good defense, or if they are just sniffing our screens somehow but I think we can do better.

Defense playing so soft is frustrating. It has become the norm for Husky Football.

On offense, what the fucking shit? Just a total mess. OL sucks and opens very few holes. The RB's are probably below average compared to the rest of the Pac. The coaching is worst of all. We have QB and OL issues and that does make it somewhat tough, but we have all seen well coached teams. This is not one of them.

High percentage dink and dunk bullshit. In the era of explosive offenses in college football, it really is pathetic. Take some fucking shots. You can't throw 95% of your passes within three yards of the LOS. A swing pass to the RB's shouldn't be a staple of the offense.
    This...take a Swing and hit a homer or not, it's better than bunting all night.
  • H_D
    H_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Options

The defense is doing a little worse than I expected, but it is not that bad. I was surprised how big their OL looks compared to our players. Yes it's bend but don't break shit, well at the end of the day that took us to 16-0 with no offense to take time off.

The offense. A disappointement. Very predictable play calling (predictable for former Boise guys at least) which leads to defenders in our back field before we even do anything. I don't know if Boise is supposed to have a good defense, or if they are just sniffing our screens somehow but I think we can do better.

Defense playing so soft is frustrating. It has become the norm for Husky Football.

On offense, what the fucking shit? Just a total mess. OL sucks and opens very few holes. The RB's are probably below average compared to the rest of the Pac. The coaching is worst of all. We have QB and OL issues and that does make it somewhat tough, but we have all seen well coached teams. This is not one of them.

High percentage dink and dunk bullshit. In the era of explosive offenses in college football, it really is pathetic. Take some fucking shots. You can't throw 95% of your passes within three yards of the LOS. A swing pass to the RB's shouldn't be a staple of the offense.
    Not saying you are wrong, but to be fair, that OL could make any RB look shitty.
  • Hippopeteamus
    Hippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

And no more washington. Just let Gaskin run. I am sick of watching him get 2 yards on every play.

Gaskin is getting 1.25 yards on every play, so that's not a great idea.
    Yeah but one of those was when the center hiked the ball early and they lost 5 yards
    Good poont, I forgot about that. WTF retracted.
    That's okay, I am drunk enough that I can't really say how well Gaskin has been running. I just kind of remember the first quarter.
  • Fire_Marshall_Bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,018 Founders Club
    Options
    They're playing conservative with the offense because: 18.y.o. Frosh. That's probably how it will be for a few gaymes.
  • Dick_B
    Dick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    Options
    SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG

no shit
  • TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options

And this is a side rant, but I was kind of annoyed by the announcers anecdote about how excited Petersen was to find the next Kellen Moore when he found Jake Browning. Find a new way to skin the fucking cat. Kellen Moore was great, and I think Browning will end up being at least decent, but the goal should be to find the next Andrew Fucking Luck or Cam Newton. Fuck Kellen Moore.

Flagged for listening to the worst announcing crew in college football.
  • TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options

I'm calling Justin Smith's offense the "Die in Your Sleep Offense"
    It's near perfect. If I had cancer right now, it would be a peaceful death.

I desperately hope the cancer wins.
  • Miley_Cyrus
    Miley_Cyrus Member Posts: 797
    Options
    I didn't expect a ton from this game, but this shit is a fucking embarrassment.
  • ExtraChrisB
    ExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    Options
    I got tonight off work for this bullshit?
  • EsophagealFeces
    EsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,545 Founders Club
    Options
    It would really be nice if someone in our front 7 other than Elijah Qualls decided to give a shit.
  • Hippopeteamus
    Hippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

I got tonight off work for this bullshit?

It doesn't need to be a total waste. Take a play out of sark's playbook