Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why I'm dooging

2»

Comments

• Options
    LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    By Boise State's standards, the 2012 season was frustrating. Southwick and the offense were historically awful. Pete and the entire staff were obviously frustrated, but changes were ahead. Offensive system was "streamlined", Pete promised that Prince wouldn't be a dumb shit anymore, so optimism was growing. We had a super duper offense nobody knew about, including Washington.

Then we got blown the fuck out by you doogs. Maybe he feels like he's got a trick up his sleeve. Maybe he's keeping positivity up because he knows...idk, we'll find out Friday.

Bottom line: Pete's word isn't the gospel. With a straight face he once hyped the living shit outta Jack Fields to be the second coming of Christ to the Boise media. Jack was a classic OKG...pastors kid, "hard worker", looks fantastic in practice, "does what we ask of him". "Has all the tools to be great" blah blah blah

Fields has done absolutely nothing. His greatest accolade at BSU is knocking Rick Smith back to 1978 in the locker room. So much for the guy OKGing all over the place.

Take Pete's words with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

By Boise State's standards, the 2012 season was frustrating. Southwick and the offense were historically awful. Pete and the entire staff were obviously frustrated, but changes were ahead. Offensive system was "streamlined", Pete promised that Prince wouldn't be a dumb shit anymore, so optimism was growing. We had a super duper offense nobody knew about, including Washington.

Then we got blown the fuck out by you doogs. Maybe he feels like he's got a trick up his sleeve. Maybe he's keeping positivity up because he knows...idk, we'll find out Friday.

Bottom line: Pete's word isn't the gospel. With a straight face he once hyped the living shit outta Jack Fields to be the second coming of Christ to the Boise media. Jack was a classic OKG...pastors kid, "hard worker", looks fantastic in practice, "does what we ask of him". "Has all the tools to be great" blah blah blah

Fields has done absolutely nothing. His greatest accolade at BSU is knocking Rick Smith back to 1978 in the locker room. So much for the guy OKGing all over the place.

Good perspective. Thanks.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

The quote that did it for me was something like "we have a plan and you will see it on Friday night."

A big "f you" to the fans.
    Fans care about Ws. We jerk each other off about gameplans on Mondays.
    whoosh
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DAWGS - 69
    DONCOS - NIL!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

this year's team would have won 10 games if Sark was still here

quality whoosh
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I miss our coach talking av

Yeah, it was pretty obvious last year that Petersen had no idea what kind of shit show, by his standards, he was walking in to. Mitch was right on when he said "Petersen didn't have fun last year" and "didn't like the team he was left with". I absolutely love the culture he is building at UW, but the wins need to follow.

I think that if Petersen can get UW over the hump (and I don't mean beating all the crappy teams and getting blown out by the good teams, Sark), the team will be Harbaugh/Stanford TUFF, but without a coach who's itching to get out.

I don't think Harbaugh was itching to leave Stanford. Who could blame him for taking the 49ers job?
    Outside of the ownership group who ran him out of town after the greatest first three year run of nearly any coach in the NFL?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BlowItUp said:

Aug 2014:

“I mean, I get it. I get it,” he added. “I think we can do some really good things here, but you know — I don’t know. I haven’t been with this team (very long); we haven’t played a game. The roster’s not exactly how we want it to look; I don’t know that any coach has that. But in this competitive league that we play, it can be scary at times.”

Aug 2015

“I think we can be a good team, I really do. I know what we have in that room and I think, like I’ve said before, if our kids will keep playing for each other and keep getting better, and, we all get so hung up on winning and losing, and that’s the beauty of sports. At the end of that contest you’ve got the scoreboard right there, and most of the time it tells us we’re great people or a bunch of big losers."

That's all the screanshawt I need.

UW wins the North. Cook it.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437

By Boise State's standards, the 2012 season was frustrating. Southwick Shitstashe and the offense were historically awful. Pete and the entire staff were obviously frustrated, but changes were ahead. Offensive system was "streamlined", Pete promised that Prince wouldn't be a dumb shit anymore, so optimism was growing. We had a super duper offense nobody knew about, including Washington.

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Passion said:

The quote that did it for me was something like "we have a plan and you will see it on Friday night."

A big "f you" to the fans Doogs.
    Why would he give away the plan before the game?