Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But how is the zone a bad game day feature...?

2»

Comments

• skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    is that last party animal Tyrone?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Most marketing departments are run by women now. A few pussified no testicles men chiming in, and in the end you get cringe worthy shit like this. This is not unique to UW although I'm sure there's more than a few programs with some pride that have people in charge who don't allow this kind if faggotry.

That explains it then.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I realize that my #TCUMBA is going to overly simplify marketing, but it sure seems to me that good marketing starts with having common sense and paying attention to what your market/customers are telling you.

I can't imagine anybody that doesn't have rocks for brains, or thinks that one of the most popular golf tournaments sets attendance records because of a fucking fashion show, has told UW Marketing anytime in the last 10 years that they are doing a good job.

On the other hand, I think the UW AD marketing department knows its market/customers better than they know themselves.

You idiots keep paying for this bullshit after all.
    The idiots on this board that pay for football tickets aren't the ones that they are responsible for using marketing dollars to attract. We're going to show up regardless. Having a marketing department trying to recruit us is as useful as taking the money allocated to that department, attaching that money to any idiot that thought Crazy Larry was a good idea, lighting said money on fire, and then pushing said idiot off the Aurora Bridge.

The fucking marketing department's job is to find a way to create enough underlying value to attract the random person that likes football and gives them a compelling enough experience to show up to the game instead of watching it on TV. One of the biggest drivers of this has been said on this bored ad nausea ... FUCKING WIN!!!

One other thing that the UW AD should point out to upper campus is that comparatively to the past, the ability for in-state students to attend the UW just seems far lower than it used to be and instead the population for undergraduate students is made up of those from out of state (or country) that could give two shits about being tied into the program (i.e. being a multi-generational student) or athletics. And if anybody doesn't believe that at all, just go sit around the IMA on any normal weekday afternoon and in particular pay attention to how many people play basketball. It USED to be that the wait for losing was long and the quality of play was high. Now? Not so much.
    TLDR:

Sports marketing programs should be run like cigarette companies of old, get them hooked on your brand when they are young, do the minimum to keep them loyal, and you can count on their house money when they are older and have money to spend on your unhealthy habit that you're selling.

TLDR2

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I guess they're targeting four year olds now.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    you guys don't get it... the Japanese freshmen eat this shit up.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck the zone with a nuke tipped dildo
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    The job of marketing is to put what a brand stands for into words and images.

USC stands for tradition and the I sweep. Oregon is the school of Ken Kesey and other guys who think tradition just gets in the way of progress.

Washington's brand seems to be a bunch of guys with MBAs sitting around a table saying "Fuck, I've got nothing. Animal crackers have to work better than Crazy Larry."
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

USC stands for tradition and the I sweep. Oregon is the school of Ken Kesey and other guys who think tradition just gets in the way of progress.

Washington's brand seems to be a bunch of guys with MBAs sitting around a table saying "Fuck, I've got nothing. Animal crackers have to work better than Crazy Larry."

"Fuck, I've Got Nothing" would make a terrific title for Derek's next money grab about Husky Football (RIP).
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,383 Founders Club

You're assuming they thought the Crazy Larry campaign was a failure