Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fetters getting smacked around by former Ballard HS coach

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
These came from a friend of mine; I haven't seen the rest of this thread.

imageimage" />

imageimage" />

imageimage" />

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    TommySQC said:

imageimage" />

imageimage" />

imageimage" />

Looks like your friend needs to charge his phone.
    And that Derek needs to learn how to post pics w/o the image and " /> things everywhere.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
    Founders Club

TommySQC said:

imageimage" />

imageimage" />

imageimage" />

Looks like your friend needs to charge his phone.
    And that Derek needs to learn how to post pics w/o the image and " /> things everywhere.
    Looks like I had a relapse
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    your fren is on the sauce, hard
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Any time you reference JCDuck and cite his integrity (keep in mind that this is the same individual that once sent me his phone number so that we could rumble over the phone) as a comp against anybody, notably the Lemon Party, that's when you know you should re-evaluate your position.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Any time you reference JCDuck and cite his integrity (keep in mind that this is the same individual that once sent me his phone number so that we could rumble over the phone) as a comp against anybody, notably the Lemon Party, that's when you know you should re-evaluate your position.

HS Coaches vs. online sports media in a facebook comment fight is basically as low as humanity can sink.

Fixed by adding HS in front of coaches.

It constantly amazes me how much fucking attention is paid to 16, 17, 18 your old kids that quite frankly haven't done shit yet. So what if you are the fucking shit in your high school. Happens all over the place ... go watch Friday Night Lights if that's your thing.

The only people that should really give a shit about HS athletics are those that are playing in them and to a lesser degree those that are currently in school. If you are a parent, it's nice to see your kids win but more important that they are continuing to develop both as a person, student, and athlete. As a coach, your job is to do the same. The whole concept of winning at all costs in HS is so fucking wrong ... HS sports is about the scum of the earth at this point.
    Fuck ESPN.
    Yet you/we all still watch ...

ESPN's propping up of HS sports has everything to do with Disney, low rights fees, over zealous portions of our country (notably SEC!!! land) and profits.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HS Coaches vs. online sports media in a facebook comment fight is basically as low as humanity can sink.

Fixed by adding HS in front of coaches.

It constantly amazes me how much fucking attention is paid to 16, 17, 18 your old kids that quite frankly haven't done shit yet. So what if you are the fucking shit in your high school. Happens all over the place ... go watch Friday Night Lights if that's your thing.

The only people that should really give a shit about HS athletics are those that are playing in them and to a lesser degree those that are currently in school. If you are a parent, it's nice to see your kids win but more important that they are continuing to develop both as a person, student, and athlete. As a coach, your job is to do the same. The whole concept of winning at all costs in HS is so fucking wrong ... HS sports is about the scum of the earth at this point.
    Fuck ESPN.
    Yet you/we all still watch ...

ESPN's propping up of HS sports has everything to do with Disney, low rights fees, over zealous portions of our country (notably the HH teen boy stocking bored) and profits.
    Fixed
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fetters posted that 11 page "response" by a Bellevue assistant coach that reads like a 6th grader's essay where the requirement was 11 pages. Fetters posted something like "now what do you guys think".

The funny thing is, more posters sided against the dawgman company line after he posted it, including this little tidbit.

Poster A (Bellevue player):Also ask yourself this--What do Kim, Chris and Scott have to gain by standing up for Bellevue in this Seattle Times onslaught?

Poster B: I would get banned for stating the reason. I was banned last week for it.

and also this:

Poster C: I don't care if a majority of people "want Bellevue to fall no matter what" (nor do I care enough to argue the legitimacy of that sweeping statement of yours). I'm not one of them, and I have no axe to grind with Bellevue. But these are very serious allegations coming from a very prominent newspaper. You and the Dawgman staff are fighting tooth and nail to try to convince people to disregard everything that is being reported, but most reasonable people are not so easily convinced.

As for your question of what do the Dawgman staff here have to gain by defending Bellevue? That's quite easy to determine. Their ability to get access to high school athletes and programs is an integral driver of their revenue; subscriptions from members who want reports on those athletes and programs. Bellevue just so happens to be the most successful program in the state with the highest number of high profile college football recruits. Not only do the staff have relationships with the people being accused of wrongdoings, but they also want to continue to building those relationships and continue to get better access to the players and coaches. The self interests here are not hard to identify, and I'm sure the folks at Bellevue are going to be grateful for the defense the Dawgman staff has mounted for them, whether it's justified or not.

I don't really agree. I think you are making a $10 argument for a 10 cent problem. They know the Bellevue guys and the Bellevue guys were nice to them over the years; they look up to the BHS guys. It's not really about business, it's just about validation.

If they were that shrewd about business, HH wouldn't have existed in the first place and dm.c would be amazing.

Bellevue can't tell them anything they won't already know. They don't need BHS for anything at all. Everyone knows everything within 2 minutes of it happening now anyways. They aren't really shrewdly self-interested in the business sense; they're just defending people that were nice to them for no reason beyond that.
    Nail. Hammer. Head.

The only thing bigger than that football, is the CEO's ego. It must be defended at all cost.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited August 2015

I lost interest in ESPN when I became old rich and white. I enjoyed it for the first 20 years or so. Whether ESPN changed or I did, I find it unwatchable except for college football which I have to watch. Just the games.

Those are some serious charges.

#Rapeculture