Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Odds - 72% For Boise Win

How far the mighty have fallen. Here in the East, the typical fan probably doesn't know what conference Washington is in. Last year someone asked, "Are you guys in that conference that BYU was in?"

Not that it means a lot, but the Wall St Journal predictions for today's games pick BSU to win, and give the doogs a 28% chance of victory. In the East people know Boise for beating Oklahoma and Oregon, not that they're considered a great team. We're an unkown program from the Mountian West, or whatever.

Pin this one up in the locker room and see if there's a set of balls in the room. Don't count on it.

Comments

• Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Bitter AND political.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Yes. Very bitter and clearly political.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2013
    Life of abundance!

More abundance of the doog variety from ESPN

BOISE STATE at WASHINGTON

Kevin Gemmell: Should be one of the closest, most competitive games in the country in Week 1. And in close games, sticking with my personal doctrine, I’ll go with the home team. Washington 24, Boise State 21

Ted Miller: These teams were tightly contested in the Las Vegas Bowl, and the Huskies look like a better team than they were last season, while the Broncos have a lot of guys to replace. Still, it comes down to Huskies QB Keith Price. If he's his 2011 self again, Washington will roll. Washington 30, Boise State 21
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I know bitter and political when I see it. I have a bitter and political guy.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    81% chance of a Boise victory is a little over the top?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dick_B said:

I know bitter and political when I see it. I have a bitter and political guy.

Doesn't everyone associated with this bored?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Last comment on this game and what could be the best outcome for the season.

I hope we go 10 - 2 (or better) this year. If not, 5 - 7 is the next best thing. Ten wins is good. 5 - 7 is probably good enough to get Shark fired. Let one or the other of those paths start today.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We got FREE PUB in the WSJ??? BOOM!!1!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Being wrong is so good!

There was only one pussy on the field (Shark.) The guys played like men.....no whimps on the field. This team is capable of being good, easily top 20. This is the first game I can remember in years that no Dawgs were laying on the field hurt. Only Donkeys. That's toughness.

Why don't they play like this all the time? Is this one of those once or twice a year bursts were their true potentail come out?

And yes, Cream Puff is a pussy until he proves diffently. Notice how Jenkins was on the sidelines, in uniform smiling and joking? He shouldn't have been suspened if so, he should not be on the sidelines at all. In uniform makes it even worse. Shark = Pussy.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Steve, good point about injuries. It is Boise St but I didnt notice a husky with even a minor injury.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Steve, good point about injuries. It is Boise St but I didnt notice a husky with even a minor injury.

Steve is right. First time I remember seeing the Huskies actually beat the shit out of the other team. Now, we're no Stanford, but we finally out muscled a team. When is the last time that happened?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    Swaye said:

Steve is right. First time I remember seeing the Huskies actually beat the shit out of the other team. Now, we're no Stanford, but we finally out muscled a team. When is the last time that happened?
    2000, as long as we don't count the game against Portland State High School last year.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

2000, as long as we don't count the game against Portland State High School last year.
    Yeah, I never count Woody's annual Lighthouse For The Blind Bowls.