Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lay off the data analysis already.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I like to compare one month to 17 years. I do that.

Read the rest of the article. Not just the headline.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Lay off the data analysis already.

I'm not sure I analyzed anything. Read for comprehension.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2015

Why use satellite data when you can manipulate surface data?

Yet another example...
    http://www.realclearpolicy.com/blog/2015/08/20/the_latest_climate_kerfuffle_1397.html
  • Options

Yet another example...
    http://www.realclearpolicy.com/blog/2015/08/20/the_latest_climate_kerfuffle_1397.html

So I am supposed to believe a right wing conspiracy website over NASA, NOAA, and other governments that clearly show this will be the warmest year on record, and the almost all of the top 10 warmest years are in the last 17?

Did you even read that article?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealClearPolitics
  • Options
    droggins said:
    I know you are being sarcastic, but that's only a 13 year period, and is actually an ice age.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Yet another example...

So I am supposed to believe a right wing conspiracy website over NASA, NOAA, and other governments that clearly show this will be the warmest year on record, and the almost all of the top 10 warmest years are in the last 17?

Pure satellite data unmolested by scientists with an agenda is now "ring wing conspiracy". Because everyone knows computers are right wing nutjobs.

Fucking moron.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

2001400ex said:

Yet another example...

Pure satellite data unmolested by scientists with an agenda is now "ring wing conspiracy". Because everyone knows computers are right wing nutjobs.

Fucking moron.
    Satellite data supports the exact same, and only goes back to 1979.

Here's a more clear picture than the one you sent. If you notice. Every year since 1998 was above the average and every year prior was below. My point still stands.

photo Yearly-global-LT-UAH-RSS-thru-Sept-2014_zpsirgidmf2.png
  • Options

2001400ex said:

My point still stands.

Let's recap:
    1) HondoFS: July was the hottest month on record
    2) Reality: Satellite measurements show it wasn't close, and yet another example was given on why the NOAA data is a steaming pile of shite (a discussion we had and you lost several months back).
    3) HondoFS: Yeah, look at the satellite data (which shows July wasn't even close to the hottest) followed by "My point still stands"
    4) Reality: Do you remember your point, and do you realize how much of a moron you are?

Truly amazing...otherwise known as HondoFS...

If you actually read the article, you'd see how FS this post is. Good lord, that was terrible. Not only does the article bring in NASA satellite data, but I posted the satellite data that backs up my point.

Race is better than that. You? Not so much.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It's funny that the anti-climate-change guys in that article focus so much on their conspiracy theory that climate change is an Obama conspiracy and that NOAA is altering data to support the conspiracy.

How do they explain the fact that scientists and governments all over the world agree that this is a major concern?

They probably assume it is a UN conspiracy... I'll look forward to their conspiracy theory on that soon. It is probably a communist plot?

But in conclusion... they don't dispute that the data showed July was hot... they just claim that the data was altered. Do they have proof?

They remind me of the "scientists" that used to work for big tobacco that claimed that data linked smoking to lung cancer was "made up". We all saw how that unfolded...

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No, you dumbfuck, climate change isn't a myth. It is generally accepted there have been five Ice Ages in the planet's history. Which means it got really cold five times and really hot five times.

When it got really hot, the dinosauers flourished. When it got really cold, the dinosauers died.

What didn't happen before was a bunch of supposed experts bloviating about what man has done to cause it or what man can do to 'slow' it.

Climate change is going to happen. It's a matter of whether it is a couple thousand years or another 10,000 years before we are wiped out. Either way, I'm long fucking gone and any remnants of my sperm will be heavily diluted by Mexicans impregnating my descendants. So vote for Trump and buy another four years before that shit happens.
  • Options

No, you dumbfuck, climate change isn't a myth. It is generally accepted there have been five Ice Ages in the planet's history. Which means it got really cold five times and really hot five times.

When it got really hot, the dinosauers flourished. When it got really cold, the dinosauers died.

What didn't happen before was a bunch of supposed experts bloviating about what man has done to cause it or what man can do to 'slow' it.

Climate change is going to happen. It's a matter of whether it is a couple thousand years or another 10,000 years before we are wiped out. Either way, I'm long fucking gone and any remnants of my sperm will be heavily diluted by Mexicans impregnating my descendants. So vote for Trump and buy another four years before that shit happens.

I'm not sure anyone on this post discussed the cause of the warming. Nice rant tho.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

I'm not sure anyone on this post discussed the cause of the warming. Nice rant tho.
    Same old recycled blah blah blah on climate change. The Big O rolled out climate change again. Just recycling an old rant saves time and brain cells.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Same old recycled blah blah blah on climate change. The Big O rolled out climate change again. Just recycling an old rant saves time and brain cells.
    Clearly needed.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015
    OZONE said:

It's funny that the anti-climate-change guys in that article focus so much on their conspiracy theory that climate change is an Obama conspiracy and that NOAA is altering data to support the conspiracy.

How do they explain the fact that scientists and governments all over the world agree that this is a major concern?

They probably assume it is a UN conspiracy... I'll look forward to their conspiracy theory on that soon. It is probably a communist plot?

But in conclusion... they don't dispute that the data showed July was hot... they just claim that the data was altered. Do they have proof?

They remind me of the "scientists" that used to work for big tobacco that claimed that data linked smoking to lung cancer was "made up". We all saw how that unfolded...

Bingo
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

My point still stands.

Let's recap:
    1) HondoFS: July was the hottest month on record
    2) Reality: Satellite measurements show it wasn't close, and yet another example was given on why the NOAA data is a steaming pile of shite (a discussion we had and you lost several months back).
    3) HondoFS: Yeah, look at the satellite data (which shows July wasn't even close to the hottest) followed by "My point still stands"
    4) Reality: Do you remember your point, and do you realize how much of a moron you are?

Truly amazing...otherwise known as HondoFS...

If you actually read the article, you'd see how FS this post is. Good lord, that was terrible. Not only does the article bring in NASA satellite data, but I posted the satellite data that backs up my point.

Race is better than that. You? Not so much.
    No, just because is says "NASA" it doesn't mean its satellite data Einstein.

NASA temperature data uses surface temperature/station measurements (including NOAA data) and then does some minor adjustments of urban areas using satellite light measurements as described here:
    http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/2010/2010_Hansen_etal_1.pdf
    http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

The article is FS, and is all based on the NOAA adjusted data. It says nothing about satellite temperature measurements, and can't because it would contradict its stupid claims. The NOAA data has been caught being manipulated many times as discussed around here both above and a while back (I know...you are too stupid to remember...or you are just psychologically blocking out your mental beatings...).

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/19878/the-present-is-known-its-the-past-temperatures-that-keep-changing#latest

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/20421/noaa-cheated-with-global-warming-data/p1

And yes, July wasn't anywhere near the hottest month on global record as measured by satellites, which is what your initial post and the first three sentences of your ignorant article claims. Now go generate some CO2 by DIAFF...