Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peterman on Kaleb McGary

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited August 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
“He’s like a lot of these guys, they have tremendous ceilings. He looks a lot different than he did last week, which is kind of wild. That’s what we’re talking about. Guys will rapidly continue to improve and the more that can happen the better off we’ll be as a team.”

It's hard to buy into weightlifting and practice hype after hearing it for so many years, but quotes like this get me excited. Petersen has commented on the young OL quite a few times.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    This is what should be expected with coaches that develop players
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,100 Swaye's Wigwam

DeepSeaZ said:

I've been hurt to many times to trust again.

Sadly, all of us who put our faith in Gilby, Ty Willy and Sarkdashian got exactly what we deserved.
    Did anyone here ever really put any faith in any of those douches. It seems that anyone smart enough to be a HCH would have been smart enough to know these guys were dreck. I'll be honest, I was kind of intrigued by Seven the first year, but knew prior to game one the other two would have no chance.

#terriblecoachsuperiorityguy

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    One guy I wouldn't sleep on this year, as well, is Coleman Shelton. He looked like a high schooler last year playing against college kids at RT. I'm not sure how much he weighed, but he couldn't have been more than 270, if that. Despite all that, he wasn't horrible. Now that he's up near 300 pounds he may surprise some at LT.

Getting Matt James from 250 to 285 was super important with Charles out. His future position is on the inside, though, with McGary taking the RT spot
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    Can we run out the tunnel to "Heeeeeeeey Youuuuuuuuuuuu Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!!!!!!!?

Pete's words on McGary have me majorly doogin'. If there is any chance Pete has this team above expectations, it starts with having a beast up front like McGary ready to play game 1.

Run, run, and run some more. Keep pass protection mistakes to a minimum and see if you can hit a play-action bomb at some point.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Will it be as good as the Cascade front of four years ago?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    HuskyJW said:

Will it be as good as the Cascade front of four years ago?

Not quite. I don't see any Top 5 picks/ Olympic Gold Medalists in this group. Pretty solid though
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    McGary, Adams, Henry Roberts - 2017 is going to be special.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    All this makes me think Browning will be handing the rock to Myles Gaskin and Washington 70% of the time, and throwing the quick drops to Perkins and Daniels on third downs.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll wait to doog about McGary once I see him starting against Boise State or Cal or whenever.

Until then, I'm encouraged to hear the quote, but I'm in wait-and-see mode for just about everything for this season.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam

I'll wait to doog about McGary once I see him starting against Boise State or Cal or whenever.

Until then, I'm encouraged to hear the quote, but I'm in wait-and-see mode for just about everything for this season.

Haven't you heard? Dissly is the second coming of Stanley Amperman, and a strong contender for the Heisman, after a 4th quarter performance against Cal last year
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

He's probably not going to be that good this season, but the thought of the light coming on for a dude that big and strong is encouraging.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    Our boys are ready to rumble
  • doogsoharddoogsohard Member Posts: 36
    I am excited about this. Peterson doesn't spew out bullshit hype about players, which is a really nice change of pace.