Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What a dumbshit.
    Adams, on the other hand, remembers the class he was in (budgeting), the time (11 a.m.), the building (Physical Education) and the Ducks assistant who called him (receivers coach Matt Lubick) in January.

"On the iPhone, it said, 'Eugene, Oregon,'" Adams said. "I was showing everybody in class. 'Look! Oregon called me!'"
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

What a dumbshit.

Adams, on the other hand, remembers the class he was in (budgeting), the time (11 a.m.), the building (Physical Education) and the Ducks assistant who called him (receivers coach Matt Lubick) in January.

"On the iPhone, it said, 'Eugene, Oregon,'" Adams said. "I was showing everybody in class. 'Look! Oregon called me!'"
    Maybe he's a rat and he's trying to take Oregon down from the inside?

Did anyone think of that?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Herrington floated the idea of a transfer to Adams at the end of last season. Herrington suggested UCLA, but Adams thought there would be too many distractions at home. Herrington called Oregon graduate assistant Joe Bernardi, who had played high school football for Herrington's brother. That moment is forever etched in Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich's memory. Or not.

"I don't remember," Helfrich said, laughing. Turns out his staff gets calls from players interested in transferring to Oregon almost every day.
    I went back and re-read the story after the Vernon Adams quote. But he, or someone on his behalf, contacted the UO first.

But hey, throw it against the wall and see if it will HAMMER! us
  • Options
    Duckfan1Duckfan1 Member Posts: 35
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2015
    I'd pay one scholarship a year for three years in exchange of 1 year rent of Adams. Wouldn't you?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I easily could be Doogin' but I still think VA won't be the panacea that Oregon fans think he will be. Comparing him to Wilson is FS because Wilson is:

1) Much more intelligent than VA

2) A Better runner than VA with a thicker build

3) Blessed with huge hands, especially for his size.

I also think some people are putting too much stock in what VA did last year against the Huskies. He has very good arm strength / accuracy and threw some awesome passes but the Husky D was in its 2nd game of a new scheme, injuries hit the CB position (Jermaine Kelly breaking his ankle), and Marcus Peters losing his mind.

Mariota also had better acceleration, escapability, and top-line speed than VA with no cramping problems while being in his 4th year of Oregon's offense (redshirt year and then was in his 3rd year starting).

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

I easily could be Doogin' but I still think VA won't be the panacea that Oregon fans think he will be. Comparing him to Wilson is FS because Wilson is:

1) Much more intelligent than VA

2) A Better runner than VA with a thicker build

3) Blessed with huge hands, especially for his size.

I also think some people are putting too much stock in what VA did last year against the Huskies. He has very good arm strength / accuracy and threw some awesome passes but the Husky D was in its 2nd game of a new scheme, injuries hit the CB position (Jermaine Kelly breaking his ankle), and Marcus Peters losing his mind.

Mariota also had better acceleration, escapability, and top-line speed than VA with no cramping problems while being in his 4th year of Oregon's offense (redshirt year and then was in his 3rd year starting).

Another important reminder to consider is that Wilson jumped from NCSt to Wisconsin or between two power 5 teams. VA is jumping from a DI-AA team to Oregon.

And yeah, we know how he played against Oregon State and UW... but... what about all the other games he played? Why did he struggle against some DI-AA teams? Is it because EWU played one Pac-12 school each year and got all their energy up for those games where they wanted to do their best to upset them?

Dunno about you guys, but I think it's too early to say anything about VA.
  • Options
    From 247:
    Vernon Adams is legit. That's what every source I have has been saying, and every coach is expressing he's above and beyond what they expected this week. He's not showing rust and I've been told more than a few times of how well he knows the playbook already.

A big thing that's been impressive is Adams' ability to throw the deep ball, something Oregon hasn't really done a lot of over the last few seasons. He's dropped more than his fair share of dimes in practice too. Two receivers told me this week he puts it perfectly in their pocket and is impressive in how well he understands where the ball needs to go.

One source said since Adams has been on campus and working with the team Lockie's play has also been elevated. My source said he isn't saying Lockie is better, but the arrival of Adams has lit a fire under Lockie to elevate his game even more.
    Remember that Oregon has Royce Freeman, Bralon Addison, Darren Carrington, Byron Marshall and some others sharing the backfield. Ultimately what Oregon needs is for a QB to come in and be efficient. That could still be Lockie. But VA seems to be turning heads after the first few days.

It's a problem I'd rather have than the UW QB situation, let's just put it that way.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TAKE MY TEST, DUCK!!1!1
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    "Adams bought sweats and shorts for himself and T-shirts for his family at the Duck Store in the athletic complex. Addison gave him a couple of pairs of cleats to take back to Washington and work out in. And Adams began to soak up the Oregon offense."

?
    ?
  • Options
    priapism said:

"Adams bought sweats and shorts for himself and T-shirts for his family at the Duck Store in the athletic complex. Addison gave him a couple of pairs of cleats to take back to Washington and work out in. And Adams began to soak up the Oregon offense."

?
    ?

THIS was the quote I found more concerning
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    True to your last sentence but he's still not close to Mariota and no amount of hype coming out of Eugene is going to change that.

Also, Rob Rang has him as a his #24 rated NFL QB prospect for next year's draft. Can't remember where Mariota was but he had to be in his top 3.
    AZDuck said:

From 247:

Vernon Adams is legit. That's what every source I have has been saying, and every coach is expressing he's above and beyond what they expected this week. He's not showing rust and I've been told more than a few times of how well he knows the playbook already.

A big thing that's been impressive is Adams' ability to throw the deep ball, something Oregon hasn't really done a lot of over the last few seasons. He's dropped more than his fair share of dimes in practice too. Two receivers told me this week he puts it perfectly in their pocket and is impressive in how well he understands where the ball needs to go.

One source said since Adams has been on campus and working with the team Lockie's play has also been elevated. My source said he isn't saying Lockie is better, but the arrival of Adams has lit a fire under Lockie to elevate his game even more.
    Remember that Oregon has Royce Freeman, Bralon Addison, Darren Carrington, Byron Marshall and some others sharing the backfield. Ultimately what Oregon needs is for a QB to come in and be efficient. That could still be Lockie. But VA seems to be turning heads after the first few days.

It's a problem I'd rather have than the UW QB situation, let's just put it that way.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Budgeting is a class at EWU? Christ...

I'm surprised you're surprised.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

True to your last sentence but he's still not close to Mariota and no amount of hype coming out of Eugene is going to change that.

Also, Rob Rang has him as a his #24 rated NFL QB prospect for next year's draft. Can't remember where Mariota was but he had to be in his top 3.

AZDuck said:

From 247:

Who gives a fuck? If VA is efficient, we go back to the playoffs. If not, he's better than Lockie, who is better than whatever stiff is under center in Seattle.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Have a better QB than UW even though that QB lost to UW. Nothing else matters