Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Impressions from Picture Day

Took the wife and she actually had a good time. Not a whole lot of people there and the only long lines were for Coach Pete & Budda.

There is a huge visible difference between the lineman as far as Pete's recruits and Sark's guys. Pete's guys have NFL size, especially McGary, Adams and Burleson. Really no comparison. I bet Adams plays this year. Of the three McGary looks the strongest.

I asked Jojo Mathis how the S&C program compared to a few years ago. He said there was no comparison, implying he had no body change previously. Said he gained 10lbs but is actually leaner. Rosters show he went from 250 to 252. McGary said coach Soha is their favorite coach, spoke very highly about S&C program.

I told Lindquist he throws a great deep ball. He said its going to be a bigger part of the playbook this season.

I told Dwayne Washington he needs to do a home run celebration after he rips off a long TD. I kept talking to him about it and he had this look on his face like dude please go away now.

Shane Bowman looks like he's on roids. Benning Potoe is an absolute monster. Ricky McCoy is huge but probably needs some work on cutting fat.

All of the young lineman really look the part. Some are more game ready than others. Really have a good foundation on the lines.

Coach Pete looks even smaller in person.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TL, DR version: S&C is all that matters
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Yeah. Trey Adams, Devin Burleson, Kaleb McGary, Henry Roberts, Jared Hilbers, Jesse Sosebee.... All Petersen recruits and all pass the look test with FLYING colors and all are Offensive Lineman. It was seriously sweatpants boner worthy in the stands.

Yeah I wanted to get a look at the others. How do they compare to the 3 I listed?

The Sark OL for the most part look like they have talent for the bottom 1/4 of the pac-12. It does not mean they cant be adequate or good backups but you aren't winning 10+ games or much less championships with those guys as your starters.

There is definitely a physique difference between the guys who've been here for a year and the incoming freshman. Guys like McGary, Dissly, Bowman look superior to incoming guys like Adams, McCoy, etc. But Benning Potoe looks like a monster. That guy would have been a 5* recruit if in Southern Cal. Maybe someone can chime in on his tape but he really has the physical tools.

And Mathis didnt mince words. I'm not overstating what he said. He was strongly complimentary of the new S&C program against the old regime.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015
    Any thoughts on KJCS or Savior 2.0?

edit, from Jude:
    — Jake Browning was intercepted by Brian Clay in the first 11-on-11 period. Later, while working with the No. 1 offense, Browning was picked off by Travis Feeney, who made a nice, one-handed grab to haul it in.

— Jeff Lindquist threw a 56-yard touchdown pass to Marvin Hall, who sneaked behind the second-team defense for an easy TD. That turned out to be the only score during the three short 11-on-11 periods. In the last 2-minute drive, Lindquist drove the No. 1 offense to the defense’s 33-yard line; from there, Chris Petersen called for a quick field goal, but Cameron Van Winkle‘s 50-yard attempt fell wide left.

— K.J. Carta-Samuels went four-and-out in his final 2-minute drive.

Joy.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

Any thoughts on KJCS or Savior 2.0?

edit, from Jude:

— Jake Browning was intercepted by Brian Clay in the first 11-on-11 period. Later, while working with the No. 1 offense, Browning was picked off by Travis Feeney, who made a nice, one-handed grab to haul it in.

— Jeff Lindquist threw a 56-yard touchdown pass to Marvin Hall, who sneaked behind the second-team defense for an easy TD. That turned out to be the only score during the three short 11-on-11 periods. In the last 2-minute drive, Lindquist drove the No. 1 offense to the defense’s 33-yard line; from there, Chris Petersen called for a quick field goal, but Cameron Van Winkle‘s 50-yard attempt fell wide left.

— K.J. Carta-Samuels went four-and-out in his final 2-minute drive.

Joy.

There was absolutely nothing to take out of the practice. No need to freak out @Gladstone
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KJCS is going to make a hell of a clipbored holder! WOOF!
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How big is Victor in person? From the latest video interview, he reminds me of an Alabama sized LB. Si or no?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droggins said:

How big is Victor in person? From the latest video interview, he reminds me of an Alabama sized LB. Si or no?

He's the size of a Bama safety.