Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tate Martell announcing on 8/20

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Finishing 5th is special.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 368
    If he goes to A&M as many predict he will have to beat out local hero Kyler Murray, another 5* 5'11" qb. If Murray beats him out then he will transfer or get hooked on meth. Not sure which one yet
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Maybe i'm getting old and gray in my mom's basement, but who the fuck wants a kid like this? If he isn't starting as a true frosh he's going to transfer by his soph year anyway. He screams of a kid who will never see a field and transfer to three teams, get hooked on meth, and be selling oxy's by 2019.

#ryanleafneedsacellmate

I kind of get this, but it's kind of like saying why would a team want Harbaugh/Mora/Carroll if they are going to bolt for the NFL in three or four years. Martell is a 5 star QB. If he's a quitter and transfers, then he transfers. It happens with QB's. I doubt Carta-Samuels will stay at UW if Browning is the starter the next two years.

Maybe UW will find a guy that will end up better in 2017, but I would love any 5 star QB to sign with UW.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799

Maybe i'm getting old and gray in my mom's basement, but who the fuck wants a kid like this? If he isn't starting as a true frosh he's going to transfer by his soph year anyway. He screams of a kid who will never see a field and transfer to three teams, get hooked on meth, and be selling oxy's by 2019.

#ryanleafneedsacellmate

I kind of get this, but it's kind of like saying why would a team want Harbaugh/Mora/Carroll if they are going to bolt for the NFL in three or four years. Martell is a 5 star QB. If he's a quitter and transfers, then he transfers. It happens with QB's. I doubt Carta-Samuels will stay at UW if Browning is the starter the next two years.

Maybe UW will find a guy that will end up better in 2017, but I would love any 5 star QB to sign with UW.
    Who gives a fuck if he can win games?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

#ryanleafneedsacellmate

My thought would be that there is a difference between kids who show up and compete and give themselves a few years to make a run at it. If they get beat out I don't think anyone should sit on the sidelines for 5 years. This kid committed in 8th grade, then branded himself, and has a twitter handle with "the" in front of it. It doesn't sound like a kid who's going to come in and win the job. Sounds more like a kid that will come in and expect a job.

All teens are full of themselves, but this kid seems especially primed to be a prima donna since middle school.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited August 2015

#ryanleafneedsacellmate

All teens are full of themselves, but this kid seems especially primed to be a prima donna since middle school.
    @billyjoecamaro, true?
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Ricky Town "deciding" to transfer is the writing on the wall. Martell wants to be Hollywood. It shouldn't surprise anyone if he end up back with his buddy Sark in LA.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,316
    Tate appreciated the Manziel reference, but he'd prefer to be compared to Russell Wilson. Quite honestly he's as humble as they come, no question.
    brchco12 said:

Tate appreciated the Manziel reference, but he'd prefer to be compared to Russell Wilson. Quite honestly he's as humble as they come, no question.
    He's already far more polished than a Heisman winner and NFL sophomore.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,316
    If there's a God Allah, he goes to SC and he and Sark J eachother O all over the media
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    I just watched his highlight film, the kid can ball. Definitely zero WDWHA from me. Whoever follows Sark might get a Larry Coker natty by default. USC is getting Carroll talented again.
    Doogles said:

I just watched his highlight film, the kid can ball. Definitely zero WDWHA from me. Whoever follows Sark might get a Larry Coker natty by default. USC is getting Carroll talented again.

He can ball, can't argue that.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

I've heard TAMU is likely for Tate. I Probably would rather him go to SC, because if Tate doesn't Tagavailoa will for sure. Which sucks as I assume both our teams would have been players for Tagavailoa.

Ed McCaffreys son also looks real good in that class, and he's said he'd rather not go to Stanford like bro and dad did.

Tagavailoa is Oregon's if they want him.