Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Browning the Talk of Third Practice

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @Dennis_DeYoung I hate to say told you so ... and I know you probably missed that with your skimming of TL, DR articles ... but I (and others as well) have been pimping out Browning's IT factor for a while ... when you see it you know ... glad you have joined the club

Glad you haven't had to ask @GrandpaSankey for some scouting tips
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Brostek getting serious reps at RG has me Dooging a little...could he be Pete's next refurbished Doog legend?

Hudson wasn't a doog legend, they had cast him on the pile after Sark seniored him.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Brostek getting serious reps at RG has me Dooging a little...could he be Pete's next refurbished Doog legend?

Hudson wasn't a doog legend, they had cast him on the pile after Sark seniored him.
    A Sark castoff counts toward the power of Pete, but I maintain he was still a doog legend to some degree. Hudson had a pretty good sophomore year and IIRC there was a lot of chatter about him looking the part going into his junior campaign.

His absence was head scratching and when he was suddenly seniored it felt like, "Really, that's how his story ends?"
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You don't take a black kid named Scott. You just don't.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Obviously consider the source but the LPT did a rundown on how all the positions are looking and they wrote a whole paragraph on Brostek. They said he is super strong, back up to 305 (remember he was huddling around 280 and having trouble putting on weight under Ivan) and his footwork is great. He is essentially playing mistake-free.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I've heard good things about Brostek after his RS year as well.

After Atoe (non Top 5 draft pick) and Tanigawa (post 2 ACL tears) manned it in 2014, Brostek could be an upgrade at RG in 2015.

Sounds like RS-Frosh Matt James may start next to him at RT (an inch taller and probably longer arms than Shelton).
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

I've heard good things about Brostek after his RS year as well.

After Atoe (non Top 5 draft pick) and Tanigawa (post 2 ACL tears) manned it in 2014, Brostek could be an upgrade at RG in 2015.

Sounds like RS-Frosh Matt James may start next to him at RT (an inch taller and probably longer arms than Shelton).

This brings up a couple thoughts
    1) It speaks to this staff's ability to identify talent. Matt James was a 250 lb O lineman from Idaho who eventually picked up a few Pac-12 offers but Petersen was one of the first to offer. Also putting 30+ pounds on him over the off-season speaks to their ability to get guys in playing shape quickly.
    2) It will be interesting to see what happens with McGary. He is currently a backup to a guy (James) who is in the same class as him. On the left side, Adams and Burleson will probably battle out for the starting position after Eldrenkamp is gone
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Eldrenkamp will move to guard in 16' and mcgary and trey Adams will man the tackle position. James as well. Get the best 5 out there. We are loaded with young tackles. Shelton may move to guard if no young guards step up
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2015

That's a black guy named Scottie, and Crichton is Polynesian.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think Brostek could have a breakout season. I'm worried about LT though. Hatchie was actually good last year (HM All-Pac12). I think LT could be a big problem this year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I think Brostek could have a breakout season. I'm worried about LT though. Hatchie was actually good last year (HM All-Pac12). I think LT could be a big problem this year.

The run game is going to be at 60% of the offense ... if you figure that half of the remaining passes can and will be tied to play action/quick passes, that will make things a lot easier on the LT. I do agree with you though that I'd definitely recommend running some kind of sets where you have either a TE lined up with the LT to protect him a bit or at least have some kind of H-Back in place to chip before heading out.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I completely agree on pumping the brakes. Whoever starts at QB will likely be one of the worst QB's in the conference. I will still doog over Browning because he's much more exciting than the alternatives.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

That's a black guy named Scottie, and Crichton is Polynesian.

Thanks for pointing that out so I didn't have to @RoadDawg55. UCLA is the Black Guy Scott of the CFB world.