Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bama plays 2 ranked teams. That SEC sure is the almighty

At least USC beat up on 6-7 ranked teams a year, and pummeled good SEC teams in the process during a real dynasty. Satan wont get tested until he plays tOSU, who themselves will have only played 2 ranked teams all year. As usual an inferior and slow Buckeye team will take it up the ass by A red tide and the SEC will be crowned the best conference for eternity.

Meanwhile a very deserving and superior pac12 team, with an offense and defense, _will get to play a shitty Nebraska team in the rose bowl

Comments

• Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763

Meanwhile a very deserving and superior pac12 team, with an offense and defense, _will get to play a shitty Nebraska team in the rose bowl

Well shit, I guess that rules out Washington.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    2013 preseason rankings are shit and you are shit for mentioning them.

Let's look at the results for 2012 instead, since there is actual data there

Alabama against the final 2012 AP top 25:
    Beat Michigan (#24) on a neutral field 41-14.
    Won @LSU (#14) 21-17.
    Lost at home to aTm (T-5) 29-24.
    Beat Georgia (T-5) 32-28 in the Georgia Dome.
    Beat Notre Dame (#4) in the natty rather easily, say 42-14.

Summary: Alabama was 4-1 against the Top 25

Stanford against the final 2012 AP top 25:
    Lost @Notre Dame (#4) 20-13.
    Won at home against OS (#20) 27-23.
    Won @Oregon (#2) 17-14.

Summary: Stanford was 2-1 against the Top 25 and lost at a shitty unranked Washington team 17-13.

The lessons, as always:
    SEC champ > Pac-12 champ
    PL_SSFuckingStupid hates facts

edited August 2013
    Mooser42 said:

Well shit, I guess that rules out Washington.
    It also rules out last year's Stanford team. They were 84th in the country in total offense and 70th in the country in scoring offense.

Alabama was #31 in total offense, #12 in scoring offense, and #1 in both total and scoring defense.

PL_SSFS
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Excuse me while I go DIAF.

I saw that PL_SS made a thread about the SEC. I knew not to open it because it would probably make my cancer kill me faster... I still opened it and was right.

I saw that PL_SS made a thread about the SEC. I knew not to open it because it would probably make my cancer kill me faster... I still opened it and was right.

Stage five ass cancer?

Stage five ass cancer?
    I actually meant full blown AIDS.

Stage five ass cancer?
    FBA >>>> stage five ass cancer

Stage five ass cancer?
    Which one will kill me faster? I want that one.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,460 Swaye's Wigwam

Stage five ass cancer?
    Gasoline and a match
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,900 Founders Club

Stage five ass cancer?
    Gasoline and a match
    "Burn!"
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

At least USC beat up on 6-7 ranked teams a year, and pummeled good SEC teams in the process during a real dynasty. Satan wont get tested until he plays tOSU, who themselves will have only played 2 ranked teams all year. As usual an inferior and slow Buckeye team will take it up the ass by A red tide and the SEC will be crowned the best conference for eternity.

The strength of schedule in the BCS formula already accounts for this. However, it uses CURRENT statistical data of ACTUAL games played rather than pre-season "let my cock fly" analysis. Which is in large part why it doesn't come out until the end of October.

Shut the fuck up Davey!!!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club

2013 preseason rankings are shit and you are shit for mentioning them.

Let's look at the results for 2012 instead, since there is actual data there

Alabama against the final 2012 AP top 25:
    Beat Michigan (#24) on a neutral field 41-14.
    Won @LSU (#14) 21-17.
    Lost at home to aTm (T-5) 29-24.
    Beat Georgia (T-5) 32-28 in the Georgia Dome.
    Beat Notre Dame (#4) in the natty rather easily, say 42-14.

Summary: Alabama was 4-1 against the Top 25

Stanford against the final 2012 AP top 25:
    Lost @Notre Dame (#4) 20-13.
    Won at home against OS (#20) 27-23.
    Won @Oregon (#2) 17-14.

Summary: Stanford was 2-1 against the Top 25 and lost at a shitty unranked Washington team 17-13.

The lessons, as always:
    SEC champ > Pac-12 champ
    PL_SSFuckingStupid hates facts

agreed that they don't mean much in terms of being accurate predictors of the season

It does benefit certain conferences to have six of their teams in the top 15 13 though. They don't need to earn their way up as much, especially if they're out of conference schedule is weak.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Stage five ass cancer?
    I am hoping for the field, and fast.
  • beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    Lets do it on field and stop whinning about SEC schedule, they have won how many in a row for a reason.
    Reasons:
    beelzebub said:

Lets do it on field and stop whinning about SEC schedule, they have won how many in a row for a reason.

Reasons: Obese inbred hicks treat fball like a religion, a lot of brothas, and CBS and ESPN overpaid for SEC rights and try to recoup their $
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,693 Founders Club
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,900 Founders Club
    {logo}
    {dashboard_link} {discussions_link} {activity_link} {inbox_link} {profile_link} {signinout_link}
    {breadcrumbs}
    {module name="MeModule" CssClass="FlyoutRight"} {asset name="Panel"}
    {searchbox}
    {asset name="Content"}