Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Intriguing Future QB Recruiting News

So was walking around Husky Stadium the other day and saw the lights were on at night and it looked like there was a 7on7 team or something in there.

It turns out it was George Whitfield (the QB "guru") putting on a camp at UW.

For those that follow recruiting and know Steve Clarkson, Whitfield is basically Clarkson on steroids. He works with a ton of elite QB's during the offseason, which also means he works with up and coming prospects as well.

Me thinks (Hardy Har Har) Chris Petersen might have learned a bit of a lesson this year in QB recruiting and made sure to get this guy on campus for future years. It could be interesting, or not, but I thought it was interesting.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Really like that the big lockers are reserved for special teams ... plays made there often influence the outcome of the game ... not to mention that we haven't had a coach that valued them properly since Don James.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Huh, know nothing about that guy, and don't generally care for the guru types. But that was a damned good little walk through of the facilities, showing things no one else has before.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I can't stand the crap that Whitfield stands for. He profits on kids dreams to get to college. I wouldn't have a problem if he just worked with college and NFL QB's. Plus he is about himself, on College Gameday and all that crap.

BUT, if you want someone to help deliver you a QB to your school, he would be the best guy for it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I can't stand the crap that Whitfield stands for. He profits on kids dreams to get to college. I wouldn't have a problem if he just worked with college and NFL QB's. Plus he is about himself, on College Gameday and all that crap.

BUT, if you want someone to help deliver you a QB to your school, he would be the best guy for it.

I don't have a problem with guys that are coaching kids up beyond what HS coaches can do (and let's be honest, most HS coaches are reasonable but not great) ...

Where I draw the line and what I get pissed off about is when guys talk about and make promises about how if they work with you you will send them to college, etc.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    Founders Club
    DeepSeaZ said:

I mean, anything's better than losing the second coming of Drew Bledsoe from MFing Lake Stevens. Give this guy, Willie Lyles and Clarkson $5mil next year, get Fran Tarkenton and Yogi Roth hookers or whatever needs to happen. Call Obama and tell him a lion got shot so he can cry with Jimmy Kimmel from the oval office about it, give Ted Cruz another $3mil from oil companies, let Putin have Crimea; whatever it fucking takes—if we lose one more in-state 5-star kid I'm going to go mental and if it's at QB I will kill the OC, the HC and the QB coach.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

#whygodwhy

Have you even bothered to ask Derek if he wants Crimea?
    I think that's the new name for the Tug Tavern
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    DeepSeaZ said:

I mean, anything's better than losing the second coming of Drew Bledsoe from MFing Lake Stevens. Give this guy, Willie Lyles and Clarkson $5mil next year, get Fran Tarkenton and Yogi Roth hookers or whatever needs to happen. Call Obama and tell him a lion got shot so he can cry with Jimmy Kimmel from the oval office about it, give Ted Cruz another $3mil from oil companies, let Putin have Crimea; whatever it fucking takes—if we lose one more in-state 5-star kid I'm going to go mental and if it's at QB I will kill the OC, the HC and the QB coach.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

#whygodwhy

Have you even bothered to ask Derek if he wants Crimea?
    Crimea River.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2015

Too many corny phrases around Husky Stadium, locker rooms, weight room, etc. Just play football and win. Is some kid going to play better at practice because he reads "Us vs. Them?"

Really stupid, and very sark-like.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Too many corny phrases around Husky Stadium, locker rooms, weight room, etc. Just play football and win. Is some kid going to play better at practice because he reads "Us vs. Them?"

Nothing But Roses and Return To Dominance say a hearty "fuck you".

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Passion said:

Sometimes you've got to fight fire with fire. Or not.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

It's Petersen's system.

Fuck you.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this lockerroom has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Idiot. Every good coach uses this shit. Shit, James used it! Your ignorance comes from never playing a team sport (Being on Obamas "TEAM" doesn't count/idiot).

Ignorance is bliss...for you, it's what you've based your life on.

• Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    Passion said:

How about something super gay like "Heat from the edge and pressure up the middle"?

You've been a fucking douche for way too long...
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Guys clean it up. There won't be a warning. You'll just be gone.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015
    Passion said:

I know what you mean and I am very jaded and cynical about this type of stuff too by now after 15 years of unparalleled heartbreak and disappointment.

But if Petersen with all his accolades etc can't do it, time to set the program on fire, sweep away the ashes of the program, and salt the earth.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Passion said:

I know what you mean and I am very jaded and cynical about this type of stuff too by now after 15 years of unparalleled heartbreak and disappointment.

But if Petersen with all his accolades etc can't do it, time to set the program on fire, sweep away the ashes of the program, and salt the earth.
    Or just use the money that UW has to hire another coach. If Petersen doesn't get it done, it's on him. Same for Sark and the crapola (we should just quit the bs and swear on this board) before him. I know we like to joke that UW is Minnesota, but it's not.