Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Remember Nussmeier?

NateDawgUSNateDawgUS Member Posts: 7
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I may be wrong because I've been out of the country for the past 8 months but does it seem like everyone has simply dusted off the fact that Doug Nussmeier was HUGE to the success of Keith Price last season? I was the QB manager during the 2009 season and it always struck me as odd that Sark got so much credit for the development of Locker because I was with those guys during every single practice and most meetings and Nussmeier was the one that broke the position down to the fundamentals as a starting point and eventually as an art. Sark ran the large team meetings and would call the plays during practice but that's about all I saw when it came to QB development. It's no fault to Sark that the media portrayed him as a QB guru but I saw the connection that Price had with Nussmeier and I think that losing him was an absolutely huge blow to his development.

Like I said, I may be wrong but it seems like almost everyone I've talked to about the team back home hasn't even brought this up as an issue.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I may be wrong because I've been out of the country for the past 8 months but does it seem like everyone has simply dusted off the fact that Doug Nussmeier was HUGE to the success of Keith Price last season? I was the QB manager during the 2009 season and it always struck me as odd that Sark got so much credit for the development of Locker because I was with those guys during every single practice and most meetings and Nussmeier was the one that broke the position down to the fundamentals as a starting point and eventually as an art. Sark ran the large team meetings and would call the plays during practice but that's about all I saw when it came to QB development. It's no fault to Sark that the media portrayed him as a QB guru but I saw the connection that Price had with Nussmeier and I think that losing him was an absolutely huge blow to his development.

Like I said, I may be wrong but it seems like almost everyone I've talked to about the team back home hasn't even brought this up as an issue.

Good points. Those of us who aren't able to see practice daily are not aware of what happens. That said, I recall this being touched on when Nuss left and were quickly shot down by the Softy fb crowd. Anyone who questions Sark is a HHB moron.

Glad to have you aboard.

• ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Serious question...what is Sark good at?

He's supposed to be a QB guru and great play caller and OC but we all know he is none of those things.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Serious question...what is Sark good at?

He's supposed to be a QB guru and great play caller and OC but we all know he is none of those things.

He is a great recruiter. Everyone says so.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sark is good at job interviews. HTH.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sark is great at kick ass pressers and winning 7 games. What more can we possibly expect in THIS economy?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This have been covered but people want to overlook it that coach Nuss knows what he is doing. If Nick Saban knocks on your door to be his OC, you must know something.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is it possible Pete has some kind of binding spell on Kellen Moore that he can instantly and inexorably summon him back to his command? That would be cool right about now.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Is it possible Pete has some kind of binding spell on Kellen Moore that he can instantly and inexorably summon him back to his command? That would be cool right about now.

NOOOOOOOO!

We're trying to GET RID of Mountain West fingerprints on our offense, not double down on them.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

NOOOOOOOO!

We're trying to GET RID of Mountain West fingerprints on our offense, not double down on them.
    Who the fuck cares where he played. He is 31 years old, offensive coordinator for one of the most prominent and successful franchises in the NFL...

oh and that offense is best in the league by pretty much any metric.

On it’s face that would be an amazing hire. There is a good chance that Moore is a coaching phenom who could become an all time great based on his (short) career to date.

That being said those that are familiar with the inner workings of the Cowboys may have information that Moore is just in the right place at the right time or some other coach is the real driving force. But from what we can see Moore would be a slam dunk hire.
    There's also no way in hell we're prying him away from an NFL OC job to come be neutered by Pete.
    UNLESS Pete has said binding spell in place.

Or, realistically if Moore really wanted to coach college for some reason. Career moves to date don’t suggest that to be the case.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Brownsocks will be your next OC....
    hth
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

Interesting bump.

In the last seven years Nussmeier flamed out at Alabama, Michigan, and Florida. He doesn’t even coach QBs anymore.

Try not to read too much into the bump. I just thought it was interesting to see an old post from 2012 from @NateDawgUS
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    People forget many Doogs hoped UW would hire Nuss and Wilcox as co-HCs after Sark split for USC
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Alabama, Michigan, and Florida.

you act like those are places where winning comes naturally.

as if.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Baseman said:

People forget many Doogs hoped UW would hire Nuss and Wilcox as co-HCs after Sark split for USC

Subtweeting DDY like that, for shame.
  • halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Seeing that you were an insider (at least in the old days), I want to hear your opinion who you think is more responsible for the mind-boggling misuse of personnels at WR positions this year? Most people here seem to think it is Peterman being reluctant playing underclassmen and very few seem to think it is Junior's fault. I found it odd since we do play lots of underclassmen in other positions and in WRs in the years past and even this year Puka got on the field rather early but way under(mis) utilized. I personally think Junior has to be responsible for a large part of it if not all.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Seeing that you were an insider (at least in the old days), I want to hear your opinion who you think is more responsible for the mind-boggling misuse of personnels at WR positions this year? Most people here seem to think it is Peterman being reluctant playing underclassmen and very few seem to think it is Junior's fault. I found it odd since we do play lots of underclassmen in other positions and in WRs in the years past and even this year Puka got on the field rather early but way under(mis) utilized. I personally think Junior has to be responsible for a large part of it if not all.
    Rest in power @NateDawgUS