Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Marriage equality?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's actually a shitty league where the same 4 or 5 are at the top every year, but still. No draft, no salary cap, yadda, yadda. It comes down to how much money the team has to spend. The only hope for some teams is to have a Saudi buy the team ( see Man City).

The Champions League is good stuff. But that is combining all the top teams from multiple leagues. Winning the Premier League or the Bundisleaguea or whatever the fuck the Spanish one is called is like finishing in first in the NBA or NFL. At least our American sports have playoffs where teams prove they are the best.

All in all, it's a shit sport. Very boring. Fifa is a great video game though.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

It's actually a shitty league where the same 4 or 5 are at the top every year, but still. No draft, no salary cap, yadda, yadda. It comes down to how much money the team has to spend. The only hope for some teams is to have a Saudi buy the team ( see Man City).

The Champions League is good stuff. But that is combining all the top teams from multiple leagues. Winning the Premier League or the Bundisleaguea or whatever the fuck the Spanish one is called is like finishing in first in the NBA or NFL. At least our American sports have playoffs where teams prove they are the best.

The Nba is shit because whatever team Lebron is on is always in the finals post of the day.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Nba is shit because whatever team Lebron is on is always in the finals post of the day.
    He's also 2-5 in those Finals. The most successful franchise of the past 15 years in the NBA (San Antonio) is a small market team that could never thrive in a Premier League setting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's also 2-5 in those Finals. The most successful franchise of the past 15 years in the NBA (San Antonio) is a small market team that could never thrive in a Premier League setting.
    5 rings and 7 Finals > 5 rings and 6 Finals

Lakers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lakers
    Both have 5 titles. The Spurs won 50 games in their worst season. There is the edge.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I knew that was coming. I just "hate" the Spurs
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I kind of understand baseball being low, because the manager is the least important coach in any sports league, but I'm surpsied the NFL is so low.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I kind of understand baseball being low, because the manager is the least important coach in any sports league, but I'm surpsied the NFL is so low.

During the game I agree. But over 162 games a baseball manager (and his coaches) have a huge influence on the success of his team. Motivating, tweaking a guys mechanics in between starts, just holding a team together during a LONG grind. It isnt a coincidence some managers win everywhere they go.

I know, 75k. FE.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Lakers
    Both have 5 titles. The Spurs won 50 games in their worst season. There is the edge.
    Spurs had the same core for a long time while the Lakers were two different teams.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most NFL coaches get two or three years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I grew up hating the Spurs. I really hated them when they would beat the Sonics in the playoffs. Bruce Bowen can fuck off. They have grown on me though. You gotta respect Duncan and Ginobili is one of the most entertaining basketball players of all time. A lot of people hate him, but his game is brb, jo worthy. Not as much anymore because he's really old, but still.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Get this faggy basketball talk off my FIFA bored.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited August 2015

I grew up hating the Spurs. I really hated them when they would beat the Sonics in the playoffs. Bruce Bowen can fuck off. They have grown on me though. You gotta respect Duncan and Ginobili is one of the most entertaining basketball players of all time. A lot of people hate him, but his game is brb, jo worthy. Not as much anymore because he's really old, but still.
    Same here, I liked the Mr Robinson's neighborhood Spurs with Sean Elliot but hated the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili teams for years. Over the last four or five years or so I've finally grown to respect them, and now even like them. Leonard has helped that for me, I actually enjoy watching him play which is new for a Spur. Oh and Popovich is the fucking man.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Re: Soccer

It's not bad to watch, but RD is right. It's usually the same few teams who always contend, unless some wealthy terrorist or Indian buys a team. Crystal (meth) Palace or Swan City or whatever they're called aren't going to get 80 points and contend. BPL is actually a little better than the Spanish and German leagues in that regard. The Spanish league winner is always either Barcelona or Fake Madrid. There are a couple of other good teams, and then the bottom 15 or so teams are way below it seems. It'd be like if Bammer and Oklahoma were in a 20 teams league with Ole Miss, K State, and then the Sun Belt.

I think the Froggy league was actually pretty equal until an oil sheik bought PSG and bought all these huge superstars.