Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Looks like Nick Harris is done struggling with his decision. Was dicey there for a bit, but we stole one from Cal Poly.

Woof!

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    I feel bad for the kid, since he'll always be compared to Eletise.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The kid just got a free ride to a pac-12 school. Even if he never sees the field I won't feel bad for him. All the free gear, essay writing, and subway he could ever want.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    My understanding is he hemorrhages Purple and defecates Gold
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

The kid just got a free ride to a pac-12 school. Even if he never sees the field I won't feel bad for him. All the free gear, essay writing, and subway he could ever want.

@ThomasFremont! True?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm shaking my head on this one. In an interview, he said CCCP told him they were only taking 2 OL. First, pisses me off they're only taking 2 OL. And if they're only taking 2, why oh why, would you blow your load so early on this guy?

Hopefully CCCP was just fucking with him to make the offer seem more coveted, thus making it easier to steal him from Poly
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

Looks like Nick Harris is done struggling with his decision. Was dicey there for a bit, but we stole one from Cal Poly.

Woof!

I know you're being sarcastic, but I don't see Clemson or Michigan in his top 2...
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439

I'm shaking my head on this one. In an interview, he said CCCP told him they were only taking 2 OL. First, pisses me off they're only taking 2 OL. And if they're only taking 2, why oh why, would you blow your load so early on this guy?

Hopefully CCCP was just fucking with him to make the offer seem more coveted, thus making it easier to steal him from Poly

Coaches tell recruits the darndest things.

I think Petersen means the minimum is 2 OL. They're still actively recruiting other OL, including Alves and Henderson (and probably a few others), and will take whoever commits. I don't know how Petersen does recruiting, but we're graduating 2 OL this year and will probably see attrition... so 2 at the minimum with room for probably Alves or Henderson.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    I can't imagine Corey English Fuvai being allowed to stick it out for another year at 4th string center. This kid is taking his spot.
  • Options
    JCDawgJCDawg Member Posts: 12
    Shit, maybe we're recruiting him as a D-Lineman?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The new "meltdown" (not really a meltdown, but a frustrated interest) with recruiting is kind of puzzling to me. This is what Petersen does. He finds under the radar guys and did damn well doing that at Boise. In his first class at UW, he did that as well and the early returns are good (Jones, Dissly, Pettis).

At UW, he has the luxury of adding upper tier prospects to that. And he has added many four star guys. There will be a lot of recruits who are kind of meh, but whatever. Petersen at least has a method, and except for Eason, has done a great job in state.

Roadie I agree but taking this kid seems like a complete give up. Granted I've never seen him play but based on his size, speed and lack of any offers it seems like they could have done a lot better.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The new "meltdown" (not really a meltdown, but a frustrated interest) with recruiting is kind of puzzling to me. This is what Petersen does. He finds under the radar guys and did damn well doing that at Boise. In his first class at UW, he did that as well and the early returns are good (Jones, Dissly, Pettis).

At UW, he has the luxury of adding upper tier prospects to that. And he has added many four star guys. There will be a lot of recruits who are kind of meh, but whatever. Petersen at least has a method, and except for Eason, has done a great job in state.

Roadie I agree but taking this kid seems like a complete give up. Granted I've never seen him play but based on his size, speed and lack of any offers it seems like they could have done a lot better.
    He's an underwhelming prospect, no question about it. That said, he was likely plan B all along. I don't think it was just giving up. They've been on him for awhile.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

The remaining uncommitted 2016 OL class is really bad according to Biggins, and UW doesn't look strong for anyone better than Harris would be my guess. Still 2 is low, comb Texas for giant fat kids and JCs.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Coaches tell recruits the darndest things.

I think Petersen means the minimum is 2 OL. They're still actively recruiting other OL, including Alves and Henderson (and probably a few others), and will take whoever commits. I don't know how Petersen does recruiting, but we're graduating 2 OL this year and will probably see attrition... so 2 at the minimum with room for probably Alves or Henderson.
    Not according to Ektard. They'll only take >2 if Emelio Eiffelberger visits Tucson and realizes how shitty it is once you step outside campus.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,107
    I really like this kid’s NFL prospects