Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm Surprised I'm Surprised

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
By the reactions to Eletise. I get that we all thought he was "in the bag" and it sucks to lose him. With him and Wattenberg, we were on our way to another bumper crop. And yes, we need all the good lineman we can get. The more the merrier. This isn't losing Garnett though. And what made Garnett's lose especially bad was the OL class before him consisted of Dexter Charles and Tufunga. There was not a Wattenberg type prospect to mitigate Garnett's loss like Twattenberg.

I'm luke warm on Petersen. Maybe it is premature, but last season was way too big of a disappointment for me to simply shrug off. Same for three straight years of medicore (at best) offense. That said, Eletise is one prospect at a position that Petersen has been doing well at in recruiting. And it's still early enough to maybe flip a guy committed to another school and there are always diamonds in the rough out there, waiting to be found. The recruit to panic about was Eason (sorry). It's not Eletise.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's really hard for me to believe that this coaching staff, who chose Washington and this entire situation, would leave Boise to come here and be mediocre, especially with the 'this ain't the WAC' stuff that I'm sure pisses them off. Losing a player like Eletise sucks but I can't accept (yet) that this staff can't roll with the punches and still put a great class together, and turn out some players that nobody saw coming.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    so it seems that unless we get Nick Saban or Urban Meyer, there is nobody who can win here... the entire organization is a joke...just spraying money around hoping to solve problems. Go Woody!!
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Time to revive Torchy's slush fund and the roid program from the late 80s.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Time to revive Torchy's slush fund and the roid program from the late 80s.

Thats the spirit!!!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If you are expecting the offense to be better than the Pac-12 average this year, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Would you consider finishing 7th to 10th in Pac-12 PPG a non shit-show?

Let's be honest, the 2011 and 2012 classes were shit-shows of the highest order for bringing in O-Talent, especially after ASJ left early, Sankey left early, and KW got injured.

Are there any All Pac-12 guys from those classes, either last year or projected to be this year? The only player projected to get any type of All Pac-12 honors heading into 2015 is RS-SR Josh Perkins as 2nd Team TE.

OL? Maaaaaaaybe Dex Charles if he stays healthy but his best year was 2013 and if he gets any recognition, it's not likely to be 1st team.

WR? Mickens should put up some good numbers but he's not a real #1 and I highly highly doubt he'll get anything more than honorable mention.

RB? Dwayne Washington has promise but until he goes for 1,000+ yards, he won't get any All Pac-12 consideration.

QB? After Tyrone handed off Locker for 2 years and also had KP committed, here is Seven's QB graveyard:

2010: Nick Montana
    2011: Derra-Leak Brown (remember Joseph Gray too: https://rivals.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/player-Joseph-Gray-113722?)

2012: Miley Cyrus & Wild Swede
    2013: Troy Williams

5 QBs and only 1 is still on the roster. FUCK!

So for this upcoming season, where do you expect the 2015 offense to finish relative to the rest of the Pac-12? Unless Petersen's recruits show up big-time as true sophs, RS-Frosh, and true frosh, it's tough to expect a big jump from 2014 right no?

They need to look and play better this year simple fact end of story no excuses get it the fuck done.

It's not Smith it's Petersen. You can't laugh at Sark for using assistants as scapegoats and then give Petersen a pass.

It's the head coach. It was a shit show last year. It better not be this year.

Of course this fish has rotted from the head since 1992. We need a coach that will fight for his program against the Rainbow warriors in the administration. If they won't give full support then #stadiumdefault is the only answer. Make them pay where it hurts.

Winners win. So win

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If we look like we did last year offensively I will be pissed. It can't happen, not in this age of football where you can hire some young QB coach that can come in and change an offense in a season and make it electric. There are so many advantages for offense in modern day football it is embarrassing to be as bad as we were last year. If we come close to being that bad Petersen has to take responsibility and either hire some great OC or just take over OC duties himself.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuckin Dick Rod has had jack shit at QB and has produced 3 top 30 SRS' in his first three years. Lost Scott after 2012, Denker was awful at the start of the 2013 season but slowly improved and they finished top 25. Lost Kadeem Carey yet with a bunch of nobodies won 10 games and the South last year. Graham had a 2* hick from Idaho who could barely throw the ball 15 yards yet nearly squeezed out back to back Pac-12 south titles.

Figure it out Petersen, and if you can't, gtfo.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    That's a good point, just win baby.

My greater point was that anyone who is expecting a good Pac-12 offense for 2015 because CP has been at UW a season already is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I guess my question to the bored is, what do you expect for the offense this year? What metrics (other than wins) do you think we should use?

Also on paper, Miles had decent numbers but the offense never had a flow with him which makes me think the next QB can guide it to better efficiency and / or 3rd down conversion rates (too lazy to look up Pac-12 rankings from last year, burp).

The point isn't where the offense ranks. It's to win games. And if Petersen does squeeze out a league average offense and pairs it with a good defense and disciplined team, things will turn out okay.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

They need to look and play better this year simple fact end of story no excuses get it the fuck done.

It's not Smith it's Petersen. You can't laugh at Sark for using assistants as scapegoats and then give Petersen a pass.

It's the head coach. It was a shit show last year. It better not be this year.

Of course this fish has rotted from the head since 1992. We need a coach that will fight for his program against the Rainbow warriors in the administration. If they won't give full support then #stadiumdefault is the only answer. Make them pay where it hurts.

Winners win. So win

RACE IS BACK BITCHES!
    Now where the fuck is ******?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I'm not ready to love again

You could always just cyber. No strings attached.