Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TE commits to UW

Jacob Kizer from Oregon. Not a very exciting pickup. Hartvigson v2.0

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    A future doog legend committing is always exciting. WOOF!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    No guarantees we get Asisi and Neal is a receiving TE so Kizer checks the box as a blocking TE (hopefully with better upside than Hartvigson).

Jacob Kizer from Oregon. Not a very exciting pickup. Hartvigson v2.0

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Offers from Beavers, Cougs, and a bunch of WAC teams.

Somebody better tell Peterman.....
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Lars says UW still going after Asiasi as a receiving TE. Like HFNY mentioned, Kizer is being brought in as a blocker.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Pete is taking this commitment in July, while higher rated TEs are on the board, then the kid is good and Pete has a plan.

Fuck off, haters. TRUST THE COACH (because if Pete can't do it then the program is over).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    After checking out some stuff on him, he's actually pretty damn good, and definitely a pass-catching TE, not a blocker. He and Asiasi are the only TEs that Pete offered so you have to think the staff likes him. Solid pick-up. Still want Asiasi though
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I spent about 30 minutes looking at this shit and here is my take....

AuburnDoog says he is a high 3*....not really as his offers are shitty.

I think the kid has potential. 6'5 235. Good frame to build on. Looks like a natural receiving TE but takes contact well so has some physicality. He also looks tough and looks like a football player. Hartvigson was just tall. Hartivgson was clearly a huge victim of Ivan's strength program. He was 6'6 235 in high school and graduated at 251. He should have been 265, lean and fast.

Kizer looks like the type of recruit that Boise, WSU, OSU, etc would take and turn into a solid player. If his speed is really 4.75/40 as it says then he has potential to be a good all around TE. UW obviously likes him more than Garcia at Bellevue, who they haven't offered according to Scout. Kizer is ranked a lot higher on Yahoo Sports (#23 TE).

These types of guys fall under the cracks because Oregon is of course in on way better prospects and even programs like Cal, ASU & Arizona can get better guys in their own backyards. So over the past 15 years they ended up at Boise, OSU, WSU. And if we get back to being a top 20 program they will continue to go to those places.

But where we are now and perhaps for another year or two, we will have to sign a lot of these guys and be successful at developing most of them. Under Sark, Ty, etc guys like this never developed. Under Pete's roid program I have confidence they can develop. Get this kid roided out and keep his speed and he will be a solid player in year 3-4.

NTDBB
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah I actually didn't watch his film, was just assuming based off his pretty good size and lack of more Pac-12 offers.

I still think we have a chance with Devin Asiasi.

I spent about 30 minutes looking at this shit and here is my take....

AuburnDoog says he is a high 3*....not really as his offers are shitty.

I think the kid has potential. 6'5 235. Good frame to build on. Looks like a natural receiving TE but takes contact well so has some physicality. He also looks tough and looks like a football player. Hartvigson was just tall. Hartivgson was clearly a huge victim of Ivan's strength program. He was 6'6 235 in high school and graduated at 251. He should have been 265, lean and fast.

Kizer looks like the type of recruit that Boise, WSU, OSU, etc would take and turn into a solid player. If his speed is really 4.75/40 as it says then he has potential to be a good all around TE. UW obviously likes him more than Garcia at Bellevue, who they haven't offered according to Scout. Kizer is ranked a lot higher on Yahoo Sports (#23 TE).

These types of guys fall under the cracks because Oregon is of course in on way better prospects and even programs like Cal, ASU & Arizona can get better guys in their own backyards. So over the past 15 years they ended up at Boise, OSU, WSU. And if we get back to being a top 20 program they will continue to go to those places.

But where we are now and perhaps for another year or two, we will have to sign a lot of these guys and be successful at developing most of them. Under Sark, Ty, etc guys like this never developed. Under Pete's roid program I have confidence they can develop. Get this kid roided out and keep his speed and he will be a solid player in year 3-4.

• Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Where'd Dennis go?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    His hudl video wasn't very thorough, more defense highlights than offense.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    brchco12 said:

I'm guessing they might not throw much, but when he did catch it I really liked what I saw.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    He'll be fine after 3 years with Socha and probably will be a more reliable blocker than Neal.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917

brchco12 said:

I'm guessing they might not throw much, but when he did catch it I really liked what I saw.
    Fwiw West Salem spins the ball a lot. West salem high school football superiority guy
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

brchco12 said:

Fwiw West Salem spins the ball a lot. West salem high school football superiority guy
    Condolences.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He'll be fine after 3 years with Socha and probably will be a more reliable blocker than Neal.

3 years from now is always special.

Allegedly.