Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Former Husky Kyle Benn Gives Thoughts on UW Offensive Line

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageFormer Husky Kyle Benn Gives Thoughts on UW Offensive Line

The former captain and member of Washington's last Rose Bowl team expresses his enthusiasm and his concerns about the "big uglies" in the trenches of this year's offensive line.

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Really good piece here. Very fair quotes by Benn and for those who say this site is just "negativity" I suggest they read this article.

Benn defended the coaching staff while also addressing the giant elephant in the room which is lack of depth on the OL.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club
    edited August 2013

First!!11!!

Disagree.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club

Really good piece here. Very fair quotes by Benn and for those who say this site is just "negativity" I suggest they read this article.

Benn defended the coaching staff while also addressing the giant elephant in the room which is lack of depth on the OL.

I agree, but I'd add that he's not the first former player to defend Cozz, and his defense of Sark is soft. He recognizes and explains difficulties in recruiting and shifting priorities to fill holes, but at the same time makes the point that it's important to get more bodies for rotation on the lines. He also "insists that the fiery assistant coach (Cozz) shouldn't be blamed for any possible lack of depth", which is a backhanded way of pointing the finger at Sark.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Excellent read. Thanks for sharing.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I'd like to call for all pictures of actual dogs to be banned. It was bad enough when Race wouldn't stop posting bullshit about his dog on the glassboard.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club

I'd like to call for all pictures of actual dogs to be banned. It was bad enough when Race wouldn't stop posting bullshit about his dog on the glassboard.

Sounds like The Kobestopper wants to turn this board into a police state.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    I'm changing my avatar back to my dog
  • HUSKEEZHUSKEEZ Member Posts: 5
    Forthright and accurate. It gives you some reasons for both optimism and concern. Did anyone notice the resemblance between Lola and Cozzetto? Just sayin'
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Muslims and Terminators hate dogs. Just saying
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited August 2013
    Agree with Benn's assessment. If the OL stays healthy this year it will be above average. If you have a few guys that miss more than a game or two then you could have a repeat of last year. The problem with the offense, which could be exposed this year to everyone if the OL stays healthy, is that Sark doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Former players always say positive stuff or they say nothing. Same for coaches. Do you really believe Don James thinks Shark is a good coach?

The offensive line is a train wreck until they prove differently. There are maybe two guys that are good/above average, and one of them was hurt badly last year. There is very little reason for optimism. A huge improvment would only make them average, at best. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong.

Former players always say positive stuff or they say nothing. Same for coaches. Do you really believe Don James thinks Shark is a good coach?

The offensive line is a train wreck until they prove differently. There are maybe two guys that are good/above average, and one of them was hurt badly last year. There is very little reason for optimism. A huge improvment would only make them average, at best. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong.

Yup and if you do speak out you get ostracized by Doogs and the university. Look what happened to Tim Meamber after he spoke out after UW had a "moral victory" against Ohio State.