Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Immigrant Recovery...

2»

Comments

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    If you like your 3rd World Country you can keep your 3rd World Country

I think the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 might have something to do with this. That's when the commies and their useful idiots really started to dig in. In order to convince the American people of the legislation's merits, its proponents assured that passage would not influence America's culture significantly.

President Johnson called the bill 'not a revolutionary bill. It does not affect the lives of millions', while Secretary of State Dean Rusk estimated only a few thousand Indian immigrants over the next five years.

Senator Ted Kennedy also hastened to reassure the population that the demographic mix would not be affected, but as the post-1965 maps show these assertions proved inaccurate.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Ok, fair point. Generally zero hedge is FS.. But another point I want to make. There's been roughly zero migration from Mexico the last 4 years.

Here's the chart showing the trend, but this stops at 2011.

photo 2012-phc-mexican-migration-01a_zpslyykeoyx.png

Then what about after 2011?

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jun/22/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-zero-net-migration-mexico-2010/

Clinton said that between 2010 and 2014, there was zero net in-migration from Mexico. The census data to prove that is not in for 2014, but the numbers up to 2013 support his point, as do very preliminary 2014 data.The population of people living in America but born in Mexico fell by about 40,000 since 2010. That’s not a perfect measure, but the experts we reached said it is a strong indication of a prevailing trend.

Yes we need border security, and yes illegal immigrants are an issue and always will be an issue. But it seems like the incredible growth in illegals has ceased. So it appears if we build a fence, we actually would be holding the immigrants in our country.

You do realize that immigrants from guatemala, el salvador, belize, nicaragua, honduras, panama, colombia, venezuela, etc. use the Mexico/US border to get to the US as well? And that these immigrants make up a large portion of the illigal migration, which would not show up on your fancy little graph.

I know, but still............................
    Great, then show me that support.

Not as much as I thought, but you can still see that while Mexico is trending down, you are still seing an increase in the South American and Central American immigrant population. If you add the net change to the Mexican population net change, you get a net positive. So no, border security is still a major problem.
    Ok, so there's a net 25,000 from Mexico, central, and south america. Out of over 300 million people. I would imagine most people from south america get here by plane or whatever, not through Mexico, but whatever. And keep in mind, your chart also includes legal immigrants.

Like I said, it's an issue for sure. But I find it comical that is being magnified as a much bigger issue than it should be, and basically just killed the Latino vote. The same exact reason Sean hannity said after the 2012 election that he's evolved and believes in a path to citizenship.
    First you argued a decrease in Mexican immigrants and I successfully argued why your logic is skewed. A nice tap dance though of trying to cover up your cherry picked use of data.

Second being for Illegal immigrants in order to get their vote is exactly what is wrong with this country. It's the very example of how the left uses race and guilt to increase power. And why you are everything that is wrong with the left and shows your lack of morality, as you want to use race for the sole purpose of strengthening your political stance. You are a worthless puppet of the abuse of power.
    Now that's funny shit.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,374 Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

NTD, BB.
    Vuelvo enseguida , la masturbación
    *vuelvo pronto
    For my clarification, VE, LM, P = NTB, BB = BRB, JO ?????

This place is becoming quite the melting pot.
    We are the rainbow flag of jerking off.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I think the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 might have something to do with this. That's when the commies and their useful idiots really started to dig in. In order to convince the American people of the legislation's merits, its proponents assured that passage would not influence America's culture significantly.

President Johnson called the bill 'not a revolutionary bill. It does not affect the lives of millions', while Secretary of State Dean Rusk estimated only a few thousand Indian immigrants over the next five years.

Senator Ted Kennedy also hastened to reassure the population that the demographic mix would not be affected, but as the post-1965 maps show these assertions proved inaccurate.

What is this a map of? The source of illegal drugs?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I look at the maps and can't help but wonder if Ty has been running Canada since 1910.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,644
    2001400ex said:

What is this a map of? The source of illegal drugs?
    Not sure it's that hard to understand. Also helps if you can read between lines